PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 13:07:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I smell bullshit
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I smell bullshit  (Read 109511 times)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #105 on: 2006 December 17, 02:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Captain Feathersword"
Ms Barrows is a retired artist. Her new stuff is free, but not the old. I have actually been wondering whether they pay her for writing her stories to keep the sheep coming back. They're really well written and she has an impressive hit rate on her Soup legacy. She possibly doesn't deserve such suspicion, but Thomas does. I first wondered this before I discovered she was an RA, and depending on her reasons for retiring it may not be a possibility. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Quote from: "MsBarrows"
I've been using the site since the Sims 1 and feel it's the best uploading/downloading site there is.

that was part of her response to a pm i sent her awhile back. when i saw your post it reminded me of what she'd said.
she is a select artist according to her profile. Where did you see the retired artist thing?
Quote from: "momoryde"
Even some of the SAs, like MsBarrows - I honestly don't know why SHE isn't an FA

I agree with you but i think i'd rather see her and the other talented ones get their own sites (or one collective site away from tsr).
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I smell bullshit
« Reply #106 on: 2006 December 17, 13:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember where I found it but it was only a couple of weeks ago. I am looking now and don't see it. She only has a handful of subscriber content, a few houses (with Windkeeper and Cyclonesue stuff) and a couple of sets she made.
I am sure I saw it, but have no idea where.
*wonders where brain has been*

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #107 on: 2006 December 19, 21:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Captain! I'll back you up! I saw it too but I read it in the Retired Artists list. Did Thomas kill that too with the new setup? I haven't looked for awhile. I remember because I got some curtains or something from her that did the match the bedding thing link and went to look into her. Then I found her on the retired list when she wasn't on the others.

Then I read some of her Soup Legacy and wondered why be so active when you're a retired artist. I would've thought if you retired you'd be gone because you lost interest. But now she has returned as a select artist? Coming out of retirement?

I like some of her stuff.

Here's the Retired Artists list where I found her, but she's not on it now because she's gone SA.

Our Retired Sims 2 Artists

BetterbeSim | Big Bad Shar | Bitzybus | cemre | c_literati | Dgandy | Dincer Hepguler | dotcombuilder | Fionaazreal | Fionn | GS Emilie | JewelRolls | MissyZ | red1060 | Reflexionistin | Shannara_Simfashion | Shoukeir | SolanderCGN | stoked4sims | Toddfx |

Here's the Select Artist list.

Our Select Sims Artists

ahthan | aikea_guinea | atwa | bluesims | clcny20 | confide | darqstar | dinad2610 | Distant-Eyes | EarthGoddess54 | Fairysunlight | Fresh-prince | galilea | Gamerg | GloryBe | H.Lin | hagerks2 | hatshepsut | Helaene | Henwen | jeni | Jubilant | JulietteRose | Lady Darkfire | lliella | maylynn55 | minicart | MsBarrows | nablanabla | nicwear | Nouknoukie | RICCI2882 | s00z | Sasetka | Seomi | sgoobysnacks | simfantastic2 | SimsLvrGrl2 | sim_man123 | SpringwolfDecor | Tabbylou | AaR Challenge | wildstar24 | Wolfsim68 | zvaella |
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #108 on: 2006 December 19, 22:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mac_in_Black"
What an excellent idea! I don't suppose the "little guys" get to defect too? Just FAs and SAs?

I haven't been around much lately because I've been without electricity, heat, cable, Internet and phone off-and-on for several days now, and I'm only hoping that everything is working tonight when I go home.  Of course, they're predicting another huge windstorm tonight/tomorrow so it may all go down the crapper again.

I posted, in my thread here, "TSR IS A SUCK-ASS SUCKY WEBSITE," the offer for any TSR artist to defect and I would possibly host or help host you.  I did not specify select or featured artists.  Of course, if your work is crap, I probably won't choose to host you but until you contact me, you never know, do you? Tongue  If you want to join us, let me know.  I will be setting it up probably in the New Year, hopefully as soon as I'm able to stay online for any length of time here.

Shannanigan, if you want to join our free site and have your creations be free for everyone, with MORE CONTROL over your own work, you're more than welcome to contact me.  I love your stuff.  I have nothing bad to say about any featured artist, with possibly the exception of Windkeeper because she was involved in the nefarious dealings of revealing donators' private information.

Edit:  And I pretty much agree with almost everything on page 6 of this thread. Tongue
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #109 on: 2006 December 19, 22:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another black mark against windkeeper then.  I am disappointed.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #110 on: 2006 December 20, 01:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on my own site now. Someday it will be up and running. I'll throw my stuff on there. But... some other creators out there might need some help. I was just curious.
Thunderwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #111 on: 2006 December 20, 07:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
I have nothing bad to say about any featured artist, with possibly the exception of Windkeeper because she was involved in the nefarious dealings of revealing donators' private information.

Edit:  And I pretty much agree with almost everything on page 6 of this thread. Tongue

:shock: I'm shocked about Windkeeper.
Mac_in_Black
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #112 on: 2006 December 20, 14:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya gotta watch those quiet types.  :wink: I think she's got a good cover going. She looks all nice and caring and makes great stuff, but then her alter ego comes out and says, "Show me the money!"

I'd like her to go work for Maxis. The pay has got to be better and heck, she'd probably get benefits too.  :lol:
Thunderwolf
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #113 on: 2006 December 20, 17:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Mac, I think you're right!
So that's seems to be true about Maxis in Windkeeper's case.
I'm still frustrated somehow about her. But sure money is the one and only god in the 21th century.
Elyssa
Landlubber

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #114 on: 2006 December 20, 18:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats too bad about windkeeper.

I knew her back when she was still dolling.  Yeah, making pixel stuff for free just because its pretty and fun to do.  I believe her site was called "Random Doodles" and had awesome bases.

Then she left, quit dolling totally, to go work for TSR apparently.  I believe there was some "Its just not fun anymore, I'm doing something else now." BS on her website that was taken down.  She did put it back up for the bases on another server I think.  

So I'm not really that surprised that she's selling people out now.  She dropped dolling like a hot potato...not profitable enough for her I guess.  If its the same artist I'm thinking of.  I'm pretty sure it is.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #115 on: 2006 December 23, 07:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost everyone here is not paying them; that's why they're pissed off.  :lol:
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #116 on: 2006 December 23, 08:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grizzelda, welcome aboard, you are one of the few paysite creators to show their face, and not talk shit.

Some people give money to paysites because they know no different.  They don't know about the EULA terms, they don't know paysites are  breaking EA's terms.

When I first subbed to TSR, I didn't have the information that is now available.  I feel cheated by TSR because of this.  They were the only site I ever paid any money to.  

It is pretty much a given that they are profiting, I hate to think that I have helped them to pay for their houses, cars, takeaways, etc.  

All pay/donation sites should be accountable.  There should be a public record of their accounts.

The fact that TSR charges VAT, proves that they are commercial.

Oh, have you thought about joining in on the Poser Initiative, over at ModtheSims?

A lot of community and team spirit is showing up.  A refreshing change in the Sims community at the moment.

Edit:  To delete the word possibly.  Thanks for pointing that out.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #117 on: 2006 December 23, 21:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick point:

Quote from: "tIIsuggas"
Some people give money to paysites because they know no different.  They don't know about the EULA terms, they don't know paysites are possible breaking EA's terms.

They aren't "possibly" breaking the terms, they are breaking them.
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #118 on: 2006 December 23, 22:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know enough about TSR internal politics to know who gets what share of the profits, but I am not naive enough to assume all FAs get a large chunk. I've been assuming that a large percentage of FAs over at TSR are in it for the prestige and fanbase. Not all of the FAs are as nasty and mean as Chaz, after all.

What disgusts me about TSR is not the FAs or whether they get a share of the cash, it's the fact that the site owners are raking in the profit by selling the work of others. I'm sure FAs disagree with me, but I see this as Thomas taking advantage in the dirtiest of ways. To compare it to something, it would be like Delphy charging $8 a month for access to the MTS2 downloads, then laughing all the way to the bank.

So yeah, while I detest the way TSR operates and refuse on principal to have anything of mine posted there, I know the allure of having free, easy hosting snags a lot of creators. Its a pity too, because some of the FAs are easily some of the most amazing creators in the community.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
I smell bullshit
« Reply #119 on: 2006 December 24, 03:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was downloading XM sims new hair, and saw that TSR had a google ad up

Guess they make enough money to have an advertising budget.  :roll: [/img]

Edited to add: I may have spoken too soon, Parsimonious, one of the greatest free sites around has one up too.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: