PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:05:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...  (Read 117285 times)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 15, 05:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a loosely related question:

How the heck do you pronounce Gelydh? The "h", it confuses me.

I honestly say her name "jelly-dee". I know it's probably the wrong pronunciation, but I don't invest much time in properly pronouncing people's names because I never say them aloud. I just remember how they look and sound in my head the first time. For some people here, I only pronounce the first couple syllables and mumble the rest.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Scurvy Wench
ARR!

Now with POTO!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 15, 06:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 more FA's jumping ship eh? Truley this is a sign of the end of days TSR. Prophiciy cat is prophicizin'.

BTW, on Discovery Health a couple days ago I happened upon a program about fat people that are proud to be fat. I'm not talking "accepting the five pounds after 30" fat, but the "my heart is made of rendered lard" fat. They had one woman talking about how she never had a problem getting dates, she refered to these men as "FA's" or "Fat Admirers". I almost had a heart attack when she said "FA's".

Playing in the GIMP is one of my favorite things. - chemestrycourtney
I did it for the Bacon - Hecubus
Thank you for that visual abortion - Paloma
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 15, 06:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like we may have two more defectors from behind the pixelated curtain. That's awesome news. Welcome to your freedom. Life can only be better when you don't have a ham-fisted vulgarian like Thomas using you as a sales tool.

(Markus, that sounds hilarious)
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 15, 07:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost happy. I'd be even happier to see them move all of their content onto their new site and make them free. That'd be a good statement. Baby steps I suppose.

Offtopic: You know what they say "thick in the waist, cute in the face". I know some men like being squished by incredibly fat women. It is what it sounds like. Sounds painful. I'm fat. I'd like to lose weight though. The main reason is for better health. I'd definitely like to be healthier above all. The rest is for pure skanky vanity. I don't like how my clothes are fitting now.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
goodbye_sun
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 15, 08:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still going to hold off on making a judgement so long as they still have pay files at TSR, but that's just me being the cranky old bitch that I am. I agree with Sherrie though – it probably has its origins as part of Atwatgate.

Between that and the accordian with skull and cross-bones on it, I wonder if they are being totally honest about their reasons for going free.
Its an extracted object from the game – Crocobaura has it as part of a set at MTS2 http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=271759 so I wouldn't read to much into it.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 15, 08:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still going to hold off on making a judgement so long as they still have pay files at TSR, but that's just me being the cranky old bitch that I am. I agree with Sherrie though – it probably has its origins as part of Atwatgate.

Agree with my fellow gosling, on both accounts.

Is very well known the conflict between Atwa and Aikea..so this may indeed be a partial reason why. I was under the view that Aikea would not leave TSR though, after how much she went on about loving it there and would no upload elsewhere. But hrm...interesting. Things must have got pretty bad for her and Gelydh to abandon it so (both have also not uploaded for a week, not posted on their FA threads, etc).

Now, normally, I would conclude that setting up their own dependent site is means of luring and baiting towards TSR - as they have loads of links to their TSR minisite, downloads which use subscriber meshes from their minisite, and have pay items on the site. However, at the moment, they have none of those. Just one link for each to their minisites in the links section (also one for DOT, so obv she's in this group against Atwa heh)

From the FAQ, and TOU, it does look like they will not have any donation sets...so rather support this site, and intend on starting to use the meshes on that site for creating (am a fan of both heh, even if most of their meshes are just Maxis edits rofl)

What other FAs have set up free sites recently? I noticed that Alban, who thought was tipped for FA, has opened what seems to be a free site (link, beware, has music bah)

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 15, 09:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They did say they might have a donation present for people who donate on their own. If they do, I will not donate. It just encourages paysitery. Paysitism? Paysites. I wouldn't mind donating otherwise. Assuming I had cash to waste on such things.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 15, 11:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd donate if everything was free. Most of what they made is still pay on another site.

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 15, 16:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was spotted by someone at GoS - Gelydh has reuploaded onto that site one of her subscriber meshes from TSR.

The tattered dress mesh:
http://deception-pass.com/club_crimsyn/meshes/MESH_AlphaTatteredDressPreview.jpg
http://isc.thesimsresource.com/images/tmp/656/656848.jpg

Now I can not imagine TSR are too happy about that.. Roll Eyes Cheesy

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Elfen Lied
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 15, 17:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes me a happy panda since I like their styles, but did without because of the whole TSR/paysite crap.

I will not download from them yet. I want to see if they remain free and go completely free with everything. Since they still have pay items up, I have a personal policy of never downloading anything from a pay creator no matter how bad I want something. I am picky like that.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 15, 17:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was spotted by someone at GoS - Gelydh has reuploaded onto that site one of her subscriber meshes from TSR.

The tattered dress mesh:
http://deception-pass.com/club_crimsyn/meshes/MESH_AlphaTatteredDressPreview.jpg
http://isc.thesimsresource.com/images/tmp/656/656848.jpg

Now I can not imagine TSR are too happy about that.. Roll Eyes Cheesy

Woot! I hope they keep this hopeful start going. Reminds me of when Iced Mango (La Pink) dumped TSR Smiley
BelletowerWench
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 15, 20:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may not be the correct thread to report this... but I've learned that juttaponath is no longer a TSR FA.  All of her previously pay items are now free. 

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 15, 20:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My my my. Interesting developments!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 16, 01:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting indeed, especially as atwat couldn't stand Jutta, in fact Jutta was the first FA I remember Atwat bitching about, she hated the fact Jutta did creations in a million colour options. I posted screens of atwats bitching about her somewhere on here, I'm just too lazy to find them now  Grin  another interesting thought is that coconut posted that there were 'at least 3 FA's about to walk' this makes the third, so if his/her prophacy is correct, and its looking that way, maybe atwat has made true on her word to rid TSR of all the FA's she doesn't like. (in which case Tomass better reinstate her soon as she'll be the only one left)

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 16, 01:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jutta was the first FA I remember Atwat bitching about, she hated the fact Jutta did creations in a million colour options. 
As opposed to what, a million colours all at once like some of Atwat's 'creations'?
Honestly, this is all very weird. I mean, assuming this is her doing, and given some of the other stuff going down at TSR right now, you'd think they'd be cutting Atwat loose as quickly as possible. She must have some serious dirt on Thomass/Steve, because I don't think gettin' head explains their acceptance of her behaviour anymore.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: