PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 13:11:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...  (Read 117437 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Re: Aikea and Gelydh have their own site...
« Reply #210 on: 2008 May 02, 19:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is Tammy, pop sensation, played by Bruce McCullough in The Kids in the Hall. See more here and here.

Not really related, but I saw a performance by The Kids in the Hall last Sunday. XD It was a hoot!

I saw that they're touring again - sadly, nowhere near me. Some day.... some day....

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 May 02, 20:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids In The Hall were hilarious. My favourite was always Chicken Lady.

Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 May 02, 20:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that they're touring again - sadly, nowhere near me. Some day.... some day....

I think that at least one of them, if not I, will be dead before I get to see them live.

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 May 02, 23:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that at least one of them, if not I, will be dead before I get to see them live.

Ha, ha! I've seen them live! I remember the live show being only okay and not great though. It was a few years after the show ended and was, I think, one of the first shows of the tour and one of the first they'd all done together in quite some time, so they seemed a bit out of practice (that and I thought the sketches chosen were some of their more obvious bits). I will admit that I can be a pretty harsh critic though (and I have to give them credit because they did do a "Simon and Hecubus" sketch, including Hecubus in spandex, despite Dave Foley not being the lithe young thing he was when the show was first on air Grin).

ETA:
Is it that guy...deep voice...had a popular song in the 90s?...MTV play...sitting on a chair...Crash Test Dummies!?   Undecided

Mmmmmm Mmmm...?!

http://www.google.com/musics?lid=CCtnWqCWA5P&aid=3pADEeWOC6L&sid=zj9tW76ksZC

Definitely not from the Crash Test Dummies, and as I've told Hecubus, every time I see it drives me nuts because I know that at the time it first aired I knew exactly who it was. I can even remember myself saying, "Hey, that's that guy from..." and that's where the memory ends Angry. He's defintely a Canadian musician from either a "grunge", indie or dance-pop band of the time, but what the name of that band is has been striken from my memory. Will any other Canadians here who were teenagers or young adults in the early nineties speak up please?! Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 23:44:17 by mando » Logged
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: 2008 May 02, 23:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why we need an answer...the poor squidly one just won't sleep until we know! (er...or something...she and I have only been talking about this for a year or so...)

FAQ
Della
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 May 03, 01:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all...first-time poster, long-time lurker...*waves cheesily*

It seems that not all of Aikea's stuff has been released from its bondage.  There's one little mesh still being held hostage, here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/aikea_guinea/downloads/sims2/meshes/621858/

Just an innocent oversight, a technical "glitch", or is Thomas being passive-aggressive?  You be the judge.
aikea_guinea
Landlubber

down down down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2008 May 03, 02:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a few hours, it won't matter -- we're just about done with the transfer of our TSR files to the new site.   Wink

Hey all...first-time poster, long-time lurker...*waves cheesily*

It seems that not all of Aikea's stuff has been released from its bondage.  There's one little mesh still being held hostage, here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/aikea_guinea/downloads/sims2/meshes/621858/

Just an innocent oversight, a technical "glitch", or is Thomas being passive-aggressive?  You be the judge.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2008 May 03, 02:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent news, Aikea!

FAQ
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 May 03, 03:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey Mando....what about that dude from Men Without Hats?  could it be that guy you're thinking of?

or the singer from Great Big Sea?
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 May 03, 03:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is Tammy, pop sensation, played by Bruce McCullough in The Kids in the Hall. See more here and here.

(If anyone can tell us who the male singer with Tammy is in the second one, you'll receive undying thanks from both me and Mando.)

hey hey hey...found this on Wiki; might be a clue:

McCulloch also directed the music video for the Tragically Hip’s song “My Music at Work,” from their 2000 album Music @ Work.
McCulloch has stated on his website that he is close friends with Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie.
The video shares much in common with many Kids in the Hall sketches, including its office setting, camera angles, and some thematic elements.

could the guy in the video be Gord or one of the guys from Tragically Hip?Huh
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 May 03, 06:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey Mando....what about that dude from Men Without Hats?  could it be that guy you're thinking of?

or the singer from Great Big Sea?

(If anyone can tell us who the male singer with Tammy is in the second one, you'll receive undying thanks from both me and Mando.)

hey hey hey...found this on Wiki; might be a clue:

McCulloch also directed the music video for the Tragically Hip’s song “My Music at Work,” from their 2000 album Music @ Work.
McCulloch has stated on his website that he is close friends with Tragically Hip frontman Gord Downie.
The video shares much in common with many Kids in the Hall sketches, including its office setting, camera angles, and some thematic elements.

could the guy in the video be Gord or one of the guys from Tragically Hip?Huh

I'm sorry, my most excellent primate friend, but I am absolutely sure that the fellow in question is not from any of those bands. I'm certain that the singer in the video was based in Toronto at that time, which cuts out both "Men Without Hats" (the members of which would honestly be a little older than our man) and "Great Big Sea". Besides, as a Canadian who was a teen in the nineties, if I didn't know what all of the members of The Tragically Hip looked like I think I might have to give up my citizenship Grin.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 May 03, 07:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I know it's probably not Moxy Fruvous, then... Meh! Probably not anyone from Bare Naked Ladies, either...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 May 03, 07:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just a wild guess, but maybe it's somebody from Bootsauce.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 May 03, 07:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I know it's probably not Moxy Fruvous, then... Meh! Probably not anyone from Bare Naked Ladies, either...

Nope on both accounts, Paden, but fine guesses nonetheless.

This is just a wild guess but what about Bootsauce. They were out about that time.

Not them either, I'm afraid, but another quite excellent guess. However, I had to relook them up so I could remember who they were and now I am upset with you because it made me remember an annoying song of theirs that was popular at the time and which is now stuck in my head Angry Cheesy.

At least I'm able to remember which bands he wasn't in (sigh).
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 May 03, 07:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just did more research and I'm thinking that maybe it's the Odds. They did quite a few collaborations with Kids In The Hall. It could also be Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odds_(band)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowy_Men_on_a_Shadowy_Planet

« Last Edit: 2008 May 03, 09:11:27 by Markus » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: