PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:40:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31088 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #90 on: 2008 April 11, 21:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's no paysite to poke!

Inactive
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 April 11, 22:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's plenty more, don't worry.
BlackPearl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2008 April 11, 22:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, this is what I get for trying to do the right thing:

Quote from: VermillionClouds
Please delete my account. I want nothing to do with this site if you're going to steal free meshes off of modthesims2 and recolors of them in a "donation" pack. The fact that you went and changed them to being free instead of pay doesn't change my stance any. This forum is now a paysite and I want nothing to do with it.

My response:

In an effort to do something kind for the people who donated to my site for our first year a preview gift was made for them to enjoy before everyone else did.

I have had discussion with others on the issue and realize it was not received in the manner it was meant.  So the 'gift' is open and for all who would like it now.

The site will no longer offer any items in this regard.

If you wish to discontinue your membership here, please do.  Your account will be deleted by the site software for inactivity over a period of time.

Sincerely,
Administration

This example is one reason I am so short with people at times.  It doesn't matter whether you try to do the right thing or not, some people just have to say words and stir shit.   Roll Eyes

I'm an asshole in real life too, so now what?

Visit Pirate friendly Sim~Antics
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 April 12, 01:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, I think with issues like this emotions will always run hot, and so long as you try to do the right thing, you can stand free and clear. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
CatBallou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 April 12, 01:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the end, you did the right thing. That is what matters most. Paysites that choose to go free should always be welcomed and supported, regardless of their past. IMO mind you. Cheers
Cat
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 April 12, 02:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I consider myself a friend of DL's and she is not pay not by a long shot. I love it there and I cannot stand by and watch all of you witch hunt her any longer without saying how she is a kind person and if you took a minute to get to know her you would see that. To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine.

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 April 12, 02:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it was a witch hunt. And if it was, it's already been resolved. You're too late.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2008 April 12, 03:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll just sneak an "I told ya so" in here. Not sure what it was that I told you but it's always fun to poke people.

Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 April 12, 03:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I know I was late. I did not know anything about this till it was over but I just wanted it to be known that I consider DL a friend and love her site.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 April 12, 03:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the impression that DL has a fairly polarising personality. You love her or hate her, or totally indifferent. No mildly like or dislike.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2008 April 12, 05:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should never leave. Every time I do, something like this happens. I missed all the drama!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 April 12, 05:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know there's no longer a paysite - although there is no confirmation from someone other than DL that this is the case.

Honestly, this is what I get for trying to do the right thing:

That's what you get for trying to be a paysite.

Well I consider myself a friend of DL's and she is not pay not by a long shot. I love it there and I cannot stand by and watch all of you witch hunt her any longer without saying how she is a kind person and if you took a minute to get to know her you would see that.

Seriously, that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  

DL Mulsows resembled a paysite so much it was discussed at Sims Cave, here, and her own members left.  

As for witch hunt - that's just making out like she's a victim of some conspiracy - which she isn't.  Pity it wasn't somebody whose terms she violated, so that you could have actual traction on that stupid claim - but I've made it clear that if a site is free, there is no way for them to break my terms. Woe betide you and others like you who see this as a vendetta against DL - if only it had been Nouk who made this thread, eh, then you could hide her paysite behaviour behind a mask of "well Nouk hates her anyway".  I got sent the shot - so - your theory is fucked.  

The title of the fucking thread is surprising new paysite for gods sake - and that screenshot surprised me.  I don't care what sort of person she is - if she ran a paysite, she deserves to be called on her shit, and no amount of niceness would eradicate the fact that it was a paysite.

I get the impression that DL has a fairly polarising personality. You love her or hate her, or totally indifferent. No mildly like or dislike.

I am totally indifferent - I don't feel any particular way about DL - I just hate paysites - it's kinda the reason I come here.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2008 April 12, 05:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see it as a vendetta against her.  She admitted here, and at her site that it was a stupid thing to do.  She did say she meant for it to be released quickly, but of course, no one could know that at the time.  She apologized here, and there for any unfortunate thoughts or feelings that may have transpired.  So in this set of circumstance, I don't see it being a vendetta or a witch hunt.  If I recall correctly, even though Nouk (among others) aren't fond of her as a human, for things that have happened, they admitted that it was something the flew in the face of things she said she believed.  All that aside, I'm glad that it's been straightened out, there isn't a restricted file anymore, and there isn't any room for doubt or confusion, for this to happen again. 

ETA: and the file was released.  It was put up for download probably 5 minutes after she said here she was going to go put it up for download.  Everyone's mesh has been properly credited, with a link provided, and as I said up above, she issued an apology at her site to the members there for any discomfort that may have transpired, and I'm fairly sure that she apologized here as well. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 April 12, 10:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's marmite!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 April 12, 10:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DL, don't come in here as a victim 'for doing the right thing', it was to be expected that people would get angry. You fixed it, people not satisfied? Tough, there's still like 5000 left aint there.

And Dachs: yes we know you like DL alot, but you're going over the top with the pink glasses you are wearing. She did have a paysite for a few days and she did fix it for a reason. If she did nothing complain-worthy at all it would have made sense, but come on. You think someone like let's say, Calalilly is someone to complain over nothing?

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: