PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:29:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  A surprising new paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A surprising new paysite  (Read 31117 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: A surprising new paysite
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 10, 22:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the slightest interest in the items, but I hope someone has them so they can be posted over here.
FreeShitOnly
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 10, 22:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF???  Shocked   Shocked    Shocked

I think you're right FreeShitOnly. I think the outfit is also by Sizz.

Here are the links:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=269745

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=275054

Sizz clearly states "- Free only. Do not upload mesh or recolors to a paysite."

Well I guess she's finally managed to alienate every segment of the Sims Community. I used to think that she was at least a free creator. Guess she's not anymore.

She pulled an OpenHouseJackass..
Just wrong..
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 10, 22:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hec, your banner has a typo.

She's a moron.  I can't imagine anyone will support this move.  Another site whose stuff I'm looking forward to seeing in the booty.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 10, 22:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now this makes me mad, as I'm pretty sure before I said that I didn't really understand all of the problem with her, that she was nice to me, etc. now I can say I feel like the dumb for defending her site, that, at the very least was free.  She even openly supported including content for all users, paysite or not.  Well, since she openly supports including content, even if it is a paysite, and has said out loud that she thinks people should be able to use things regardless of who made them... well, then she should consider it a compliment to have her things end up in the booty. 

I guess you know, if she had made that set and pm'd it to everyone that donated, on the sly, then I would think it's nice.  Or at least an attempt to say thanks, and not make the money off of her "friends and family".  or whatever tag line she puts as what kind of a site she has.   Angry

Meh. wonder if she'd give it to me.  I'm super nice and all... 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 11, 05:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's really low - that she's selling Sizza's mesh. 

If that is Sizz's mesh, that's probably why the credit is only included with the items themselves, and it's not on the page.  She fucking knows what she's doing.  Roll Eyes

I agree here. She's a real rotten bastard. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
pikkonoloidlee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 11, 05:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked I'm usually a lurker but, God that pisses me off, how can she say that she's a pirate and supports free sites then just to go around and create a "donation gift"  (and just because you put donation in front of it doesn't make it any better) Did she think no one was going to notice? I didn't think that she was so bad at first even throughout the whole "forgetting" to give credit thing. But I'm seeing her true colors now and I can't say that I like it too much...  Sad

p.s. ---sizz's was much better in my opinion and it's free!  Smiley
Jess Maree
Pedobait
ARR!

Leader of the PMBD Lesbian Militia.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 11, 06:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now don't kill me here, but I was thinking:

Is this donation set only for people who HAVE donated already, or is s/h/it trying to lure in more monies?

Maybe s/h/it is just thanking the people who have donated in an unusual way? Like it's a gift or something.

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 11, 06:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly, if it had been given in private, that would be a valid argument.  However, posting about it is basically advertising a payfile.  That's how this whole mess started.  I know that the slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy, but I don't think that should COUNT if we watched it happen the same way before in identical cases!
Vod Kaknockers
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 11, 06:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's for people who HAVE donated already. 

I can see both sides of it, but it really is heading down that slippery slope.  I too, am averse to the "advertising", although she would probably say it's so people like rome_raven can let her know they didn't get it.

I get the impression that it's meant as a genuine thank you, but it does fall under the heading of donation gift, so...

'Cause beans and cornbread, they go hand in hand.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 11, 08:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't like anyone having a sig that has the words " tip jar" in it.
Don't ask me why.  Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 11, 09:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now don't kill me here, but I was thinking:

Is this donation set only for people who HAVE donated already, or is s/h/it trying to lure in more monies?

Maybe s/h/it is just thanking the people who have donated in an unusual way? Like it's a gift or something.

It seems it is for people who have already donated, although can also act as a lure to get more people to donate. If she wished to thank her members for donating, then why not offer up the 'gift' as a public thing? - To thank the people who have donated, the creators at the site who make it what it is, the members who make it nice to be there, and everyone who supports it? There is no way that she can possibly say that this is the best or only route she could have taken. Her using a mesh by Sizz just worsens this bad move.

Now it just rather looks like she is undermining all that she has previously argued, and her being a 'pirate' was merely to destribute and use pay meshes without permission/regarding policy, like her use of free meshes. This is an incredibly bad and silly move of her and I would hope she takes this back and removes this, but knowing DL, she will not

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 11, 09:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda surprised at this reaction - there really is no excuse for DL - LyricLee uses the booty too - that didn't get her any sympathy.  

It's clear that the thread was made April 5, and it's subject is "Donation Gift for April" (implying it's just the first one), it's an exclusive gift for downloaders, advertised in it's own forum, with a locked thread.  How you can split hairs and say that it's for people who have already donated - you know just like Simslices' files, just like Pronup Sims, just like many other paysites - I'll never know.

All the files are for people who have "already donated" - those who donated may not have thought that they were supporting a paysite, granted - they have no part in this. But files in exchange for money, no matter how it is couched, are still pay files.  

The idea that she wants to send it to everyone - laughable - she could have put it up for download in that very thread - she didn't.  And if she doesn't know who donated, in order to PM them the gift, then who bloody well would?

Never before have I seen such mealy mouth response to the whole thing.  Undecided It's odious, to be honest - your mottos should be "Pirate Sometimes depending on how much I like you". Should put up a payfile myself at this rate, choose the right words, and you suckers will all give me money.  Embarrassed

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 11, 10:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather agree with Calalily, and that means no offense to others. But the response to this, is, frankly, rather odd.

There would usually be an uproar and up in arms cry over this. Understandable people being in disbelief (am rather myself), and unsure what to make of it, but she has items which require you to pay to get them - that is pay.

She has other options -many many other options if she wishes to thank other members- so if that is the pure reason why, then she should think about that and change, or let someone talk some sense into her. If anyone wants to try then go ahead

Should put up a payfile myself at this rate, choose the right words, and you suckers will all give me money.  Embarrassed

Put a pay file up and I will tell you to piss off instantly dear  Kiss  Wink No worries on that heh

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 11, 10:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should put up a payfile myself at this rate, choose the right words, and you suckers will all give me money.  Embarrassed

Put a pay file up and I will tell you to piss off instantly dear  Kiss  Wink No worries on that heh

That's why you have Pirate as a title - and I am your wench.  Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 11, 10:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really sure how most of you here can be surprised. Most here thought she was the devil spawn or something anyway. I guess she thought that she was different. That would be like Pes suddenly putting up a pay mod and saying "Well, all the others are free!" >.> Pitchforks to your right, folks. You break it, you buy it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: