PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:00:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592933 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #900 on: 2008 July 08, 17:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's taking it a step too far, IMHO, Alex. I know it's just pixels, and I'm sure you don't mean it literally, but still...a bit too far.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2008 July 08, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allmost as distasteful as Atwa joking about someone's brain tumor. Want to be like Atwa?

Inactive
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: 2008 July 08, 17:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think its a good representation of what atwat would want us to believe would happen if things don't go her way on TSR (or if she doesn't get that apology through the mail anytime soon)

In reality the posts here give her more zest for life as she needs drama for her very survival. The picture should be framed and entitled "life without drama"

ETA: I personally think it's different from her brain tumor remarks, due to the fact someone actually had a brain tumor. We have to remember that's far more serious than atwats attention seeking "oh mah godzz!!!!!......I iz gonna die!!!!..!!!!!..Cuz I got banned from da furumz!!!!eleventydotdotdot..!!

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2008 July 08, 17:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but we all know she's a little woo-woo in the head right? Right?

Inactive
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: 2008 July 08, 17:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me, her appearance reflects her mean-spirited and spiteful ways. Be warned people, how you are on the inside WILL show up in your mirror. And photos.

I absolutely agree with you...fate may have dealt her a poor DNA string, but what you are on the inside will also come forward and be what people will see...to ThomASS she may be beautiful   Shocked  but what I see is a twisted, evil, person with a personality disorder.

Pirate Alex, that is pretty distasteful!  Even I wouldn't do that...and it's my Tumor she is making fun of!!  But Sherrie is right too, her being ill from being banned really isn't the same as my having a tumor.  She won't die from being banned.

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2008 July 08, 17:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see what all the upset is about, personally. Lots of people talk about torturing self-Sims of people they don't like in their games, and I've never seen anyone get up in arms about it before. It's never something I've enjoyed doing, myself, because it seems a little too vindictive and petty to me. At the same time, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere near as reprehensible as making fun of a tumor or mocking someone's potential infertility, and spreading other people's misfortune everywhere just to gain attention for oneself.

I'm sure Atwa already knows how people here see her, so I doubt she'd be shocked by seeing someone kill her in Sim form. They're just pixels, and if anyone is personally wounded by that, then it's pretty much their problem. Maybe it wasn't the most tasteful way of expressing one's dislike of Atwa, but comparing it to Atwa's behavior is an exaggeration, IMO.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2008 July 08, 17:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually think its a good representation of what atwat would want us to believe would happen if things don't go her way on TSR (or if she doesn't get that apology through the mail anytime soon)

In reality the posts here give her more zest for life as she needs drama for her very survival. The picture should be framed and entitled "life without drama"
That's pretty much it. It also represents how TSR attempt to make her disappear, and how she always seems to somehow come back again...

Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #907 on: 2008 July 08, 17:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GC, I was only saying it was distasteful, I wasn't comparing it to Atwat's behaviour...and I am not personally wounded.  Smiley I just thought it was distasteful...as much as I dislike the woman, I don't think the idea of killing her in pixels would have even occurred to me...I'm just not that hateful and vindictive, and I wouldn't lower myself to her level.

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 2008 July 08, 17:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you didn't compare it to Atwa's behavior, but Nouk was saying that this kind of thing seems almost as distasteful as the way Atwa acts. I was just disagreeing, saying that this doesn't seem nearly as repulsive, to me. I can understand her stance, though.  Wink

Also, I wasn't saying that you were personally wounded, I was saying that if Atwa were personally wounded, she should get over it, because it's not really that big of a deal. I see where the confusion comes in, though: what I should have said was, "They're just pixels, and if anyone is personally wounded by someone torturing their self-Sim, then it's pretty much their problem." That sounds a little callous, though, since I would probably not be happy if I saw people posting pics of my Sim being killed in new an inventive ways, unless they were just playing. Still, I can't imagine being too hurt by it. Then again, I'm not the drama queen that Atwa is.

Like I said, I also don't torture Sims of people that I don't like, because it seems silly and kind of mean, to me. But I don't think it's particularly disgusting when other people do it. I might not want to see screenshots (hint hint), but the act itself doesn't really concern me. *shrug*   Kiss

falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2008 July 08, 18:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think you should have zombified her.

GC, I don't make a habit of torturing the Sim-versions of my enemies either, not that I have enemies exactly, but there's a time and a place for everything. Years ago (back in the old TS1 days) I made a Sim of one of my best-friends' ex, stuck him in a room with a bunch of wicker furniture and set the room on fire while our Sim-selves watched from the hot tub outside. This was near the end of yet another crying-into-her-beer-at-my-house night, and she found the whole thing really cathartic. To this day she still refers to him as "Stupid Boy" instead of his actual name, but that's way better than some of the things she used to call him.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2008 July 08, 18:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Falln, that's the sort of thing that Sim-torture was made for!  Grin  Like you said, there is a time and a place. I don't think Atwa-torture is really warranted unless she has injured you personally. If Dina wanted to do it, I'd have no qualms about pointing and laughing at the results, but I don't really want to see it from most people. I don't think people who do it are bad or anything, I just don't care enough about the issue to want to see it. Most of the rest of us should just be content with mocking Atwa's horrible CC and making fun of her for being a heartless, dramatic bitch.

That said, I still don't think that Sim-torture is even close to the level of cruelty as what Atwa has done to people (she spread around personal, RL issues and mocked people for it, while all Alex did was post some pictures of her image dying in a game). Maybe I'm taking it in a less serious light than some people, but I just don't see why someone would be terribly injured by seeing their self-Sim killed. Like I said, though, Atwa is just the sort of drama queen who would need to be hospitalized after seeing that.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 19:21:08 by glasscigarette » Logged

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 2008 July 08, 18:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina D I had no idea about the tumor. Seriously, I only read the first several pages and the last few. This topic is like 62 pages long, so I didn't read through all of it and missed that whole part. I apologise if I caused any offence because had I known, I wouldn't have done it. I had no idea it could even be connected in that way at all. sherrie was right on the mark when she mentioned Atwa's dramaqueen like "oh mah godzz!!!!!......I iz gonna die!!!!..!!!!!..Cuz I got banned from da furumz!!!!eleventydotdotdot..!!, that was what the picture is meant to portray.

And really, it's not the same as poking fun at someone's tumor or infertility. The picture is simply mocking the fact that she's a dramawhore that thrives on attention and who practically needs it to survive, and that TSR are trying to pretty much make her disappear (hence the "her health is deteriorating" remarks). The former is malicious, because they are real, serious and highly personal matters, the latter are just pathetic and trivial matters. And in no way would I wish anyone dead in real life. At all. In fact, I know some nasty people I strongly dislike who are going into the Army. Soon their life is going to be at a somewhat permanent risk. I sure as hell do not want them to die, and pray for their safety. No way is this supposed to mean I want Atwa dead, because that's stupid. She's definitely a nasty malicious person who deserves everything she has coming to her (and has already had), but I do not wish her actual physical harm.

I don't usually torture sims either, the picture is simply mocking the fact I stated in the first paragraph. If anything, it's supposed to represent her "demise", as opposed to her actual death. Perhaps visual metaphors was the wrong way to go about it. It seems it's been misinterpreted in a mass of confusion.

Perhaps a fairer representation would have been this picture. This represents how she was represented on TSR. She was given all the attention for her subpar creations and got all her similar cronies onboard while overshadowing those who actually worked hard to get where they are and produced high quality items. I'll miss out the part where Tomass gets into a catfight with her and wins...
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 18:32:37 by Pirate Alex » Logged
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2008 July 08, 18:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you are all taking this way too seriously.   Tongue

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: 2008 July 08, 18:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness.  This was a long and turbulent read.

So, what exactly is going on now, is she still 'retired' and yet apparently still being a thorn in someone's side?

And totally agree on the inner nature affecting looks.  Its the only reason I can think of why folks keep saying I'm pretty when the mirror says otherwise Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #914 on: 2008 July 08, 19:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alex, no problem!  Grin actually while I didn't like the picture, I wasn't all that offended and I do know that you were in no way bringing brain tumors and infertility into the picture  Wink I guess I am a bit out of touch really, cause it never would have occured to me to do that to a sims...out of touch or too old, not sure which! Grin

regardless, that last one made me spit my coffee out! Very good!

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: