PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:52:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592798 times)
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #780 on: 2008 June 21, 01:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People excuse certain behaviours from long-standing members around here all the time that newer members would be chewed out for.  Same deal--you might be excused or get a talking-to if you're a pirate, but chewed out if you're a paysite supporter.  It's their choice where to draw the line, considering the forum is largely unmoderated.

I know. I'm not saying anyone should do anything about it. I just don't like hypocrisy and I might very well point it out if I notice it; I also don't like it when women get away with saying something that might be sexist while a man would very well be crucified in the same situation, or vice versa. I don't offense was intended by any parties in this thread, perhaps until Shey's big blow-out, but I feel that I have the right to say what I think even if it's not a matter of life, death or drama. That's all. No big deal. I think you're under the impression that I'm more upset about this than I actually am.  Wink

Also, you can count me as a member of the same club, Nouk.  Grin

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2008 June 21, 02:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If "penis owner" is offensive, I am sure you are mad at me all the time, glasscigarette..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
TapThatBooty
ARR!

yey me, im in the 20's club!!

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2008 June 21, 02:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy boobie owner here. Cheesy

Happy penis-owner here Cheesy

seriously tho, things can get taken out of context so easily these days, with all this polliticle correctness shit that is going on, people are no longer aware of what is considered offensive or not. I am not downplaying these peoples intelligence, but people dont know what otheres will take offence to.
i dont care if someone calls me a "penis-owner", id be flattered if they did lol, i have longish(but male styled) hair, and im skinny, and if my back is facing someone, they come up behind me and say "excuse me miss" and get the shock of their life when i turn around or speak lol.
i also dont mind being classed as "gay" because i am, people can call me gay all they like, it doesnt bother me.
just like how me and my mates, if we are talking about a group of straight people(, we call them "heteros" as in heterosexuals. we mainly use this abbreaviation when we are mocking a group of straight guys who go so OTT in trying to impress a group of women, we just turn and say "oh, the heteros are in".

now, i hate tom ass as much as everyone else here, but i think that the whole subject about is manhood and his infertile talk is a bit much. before it was a joke, and i laughed at what was said, until it came to light him and his wife have been having trouble getting pregnant possibly due to him "shooting blanks". then it becomes a completely different situation.

im not saying that people here have taken it too far, cos they havent, the jokeing started before then (i believe), and from the looks of it, others have also taken a dislike to the info that was leaked.

and now im babbling on lol. its like 3.30am here(uk) and the school  up the street from me has gone up in flames, so im a bit awake at all that, and im still going on, so im just gonna shut up now lol.

*waits for the ambush*  Tongue
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2008 June 21, 02:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, seriously, there's 10 sites like that already; it hasn't broken my heart yet...I guess my heart really is made of stone. Sad

Dude, seriously? All I know about are disjointed rants, floating about in blogs and on paysite bitches' websites. If there's a whole site about how much we bite the big one, I'd love to see it.

Heh, even though I used the word "seriously", I was actually being sarcastic (and was meant to reference some of the things you noted) Cheesy; however, there was (is?) one forum in particular that I do, erm, fondly remember that was all about "how much we bite the big one" Grin. Check Money Better Spent for a link in the "Open Letter...." page if you're really curious.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2008 June 21, 02:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If "penis owner" is offensive, I am sure you are mad at me all the time, glasscigarette..

Not at all. I am not easily offended, despite what people may have decided in the course of this thread. Wink I was just pointing out that Shey was not the only person in the thread saying things that might be misinterpreted. I was not attacking any one person, nor was I personally offended by anything that I read. Gah.

Honestly, has anything I've posted in the past indicated that I'm overly sensitive about issues like this? I just don't like hypocrisy, and I noticed a trace of it floating around. No worries. It's really nothing to be concerned about, in the grand scheme of things.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 21, 02:56:42 by glasscigarette » Logged

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2008 June 21, 04:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me guys it's impossible to offend GC. I have tried on a number of occasions, and she can vouch for me that nothing you could say would offend her. Like myself she just has a low threshold for hypocrisy.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2008 June 21, 05:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I for one wasn't so much offended by the ignorant comment about male rape, as I was about his blatant disregard for his mother's feelings. Talking about it nonchalantly as he/she did, just made me angry. Speaking as a person who has lived through that, if my child got on the internet and talked about anything I told them in confidence, I would beat the hell out of them.

It is a highly personal issue and I am sure that if his/her mother wanted us to know about it, she bloody well would have told us herself.   Sad

ETA: Just so you know, I wouldn't literally "beat the hell" out of them. Child abuse is wrong in all forms. It would be a cold day in Hell before I told them anything else though!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Scurvy Wench
ARR!

Now with POTO!

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2008 June 21, 06:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread either needs to be drailed again, or we need some cats. All in favor of cats, say Ay.

Playing in the GIMP is one of my favorite things. - chemestrycourtney
I did it for the Bacon - Hecubus
Thank you for that visual abortion - Paloma
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: 2008 June 21, 07:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "penis-owners" comment, in particular, got me up in arms. How can we sit here and get all high and mighty about how sexism goes both ways, and then just let that comment go relatively unnoticed?

I try to have one fight at a time though.  And I would find it far more offensive if someone were to say that they were the "penis brigade".  I think that the poster was avoiding using "men" as a generic term to avoid associating all males with the "male honour code" so inherently tied up in the word "men".

Slight distinction between "penis on legs" and "penis owner".  I don't know.

Penis on legs would get me riled. Penis owner would not, but owned by penis would.

"Carrier" means basically the same thing as "owner" in a biological sense, and I have a hard time believing that "womb-carrier" wouldn't raise a few eyebrows, if not hackles, in this particular forum. It still pretty much comes across as "womb on legs" (to use your own example) and not in the innocuous sense of lungs, cars, etc. All I meant was that many of us would have been extremely upset to see something like that written, but we were totally willing to ignore "penis-owners," and that seems quite hypocritical to me.

Ah - no - "womb on legs" is reducing a person to a thing while "womb owner" would not raise hackles  - similar to "brunette" or "blonde" it is an identifying feature of a person.  I think that reducing people to their smallest quotient is totally the wrong thing to do. There is a difference in saying one is identified with a group via common traits, and one is that particular organ.

I didn't like it when "housewives with no midol" was used, but I probably wouldn't have bucked up quite as much if "pirates" was used - mainly because through housewives, the poster was seeking to diminish us, while pirates is merely part of the group formation.

What the flying fuck? Why the hell would we even want to know about that? I think this is going too far.

I appreciate the information coconut - but I agree with Nouk here - this is not mockworthy for me - it is rather that this leak shows how much Atwat deserves our scorn - this is horrible information to leak in order to win a war in the sims community.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2008 June 21, 07:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All good points, Cala, some of which I thought of after posting, but I chose not to rehash the issue even more. And like I said, I did not think that the poster was attempting to be offensive in any way. I tested the phrases on a few RL people, and all said that if they heard someone referring to men as "penis-owners" or women as "womb-carriers," they would likely assume that it was in a sexist sense. Again, I did not find it personally offensive, but I can see how some people would. That really wasn't my point; I was just saying that there were several people in the thread who said things that might be considered insensitive. Shey was the king, but he was not entirely alone.

But I digress. I stirred some shit, and I got splattered. I haz sore nose nao.

Scurvy Wench: Aye! Aye! Aye! Aye!

Aye aye?

« Last Edit: 2008 June 21, 07:09:20 by glasscigarette » Logged

Scurvy Wench
ARR!

Now with POTO!

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2008 June 21, 07:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GC: I asked for cats, that is just fucking creepy.

Thank you for that visual abortion - Paloma
strix
ARR!

Pocket Pope

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: 2008 June 21, 08:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about a dramatic lemur? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqqMPPg2VI . It's small and furry, at least.

"You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who screams THEIR head off will be provided for you."
   Grouch cop, "Elmo in Grouchland"
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2008 June 21, 08:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GC: I asked for cats, that is just fucking creepy.

Sad But it's an aye aye! And it, too, is a type of lemur.

Scurvy Wench
ARR!

Now with POTO!

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2008 June 21, 08:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Channels the spirt of Pescado*
NO LEMURS ALLOWED!
Now, how about some kittehs?