PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:39:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 596361 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #675 on: 2008 June 18, 21:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

missangelica, then you are one of the better people in this world, but even I have trouble fighting fire with sugar, sunshine, kisses and butterflies. Sometimes I like to use a mace, land mines, super glue and a pit of snakes.  Smiley

Reading your entire post the first thought that came to my mind was, "He doesn't know who he is talking to, does he?"  Before you roll your eyes and think I just have a big head, hear me out.  It's hard to hold a conversation beyond chit-chat with someone you know nothing about.  We at least knew about you beforehand but, as far as I can tell, you know nothing about us as individuals.  You certainly wouldn't of said that (what I quoted) to me if you were familiar with me. 

You misinterpreted what I said.  Let me try to explain it a different way.  When you feel something negative has been done to you or said about you, you have two initial choices.  You can think about it or react.  Atwa reacts before thinking.  She doesn't take the time to find out if it is even true before lashing out.  Since you can't take back what you do, no matter how much you may regret it later, it makes sense to think about it and approach it as diplomatically as possible.  If you do it that way then you won't look like an ass if you find out that you are wrong about the situation.  Even better, if it is true then you will come out the better person because you're not stooping down to that person's level.  It's not about sugar, sunshine, kisses, and butterflies.  It's about civility and maturity.

ETA:  As for the "let me find out for myself how horrible Atwa is", you're really showing your age.  I'm not really surprised though.  My youngest sister is your age and she has the same attitude.  Warning her does no good either.  When Atwa does turn on you, don't come here and expect us to kiss your boo-boo's.

Also, how does she feel about you talking to pirates?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 18, 21:31:42 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: 2008 June 18, 22:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure she's fine about it as long as she can dictate to him what he can say and what he can't say  Roll Eyes

We've talked on msn like maybe 4 times...  and most of it hasn't even been about any of this.  Huh

Hmmm, I'm having trouble with this, as she's incapable of talking about anything else.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2008 June 19, 07:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm sorry if I just don't worry about silly things like this. It's not worth my time. This is really just about a video game to me. And I don't need anyone to kiss my boo boos... if she turns on me, then oh well... there are plenty of other people in the world. You get what I mean?  Undecided

Anita is not dictating what I say. I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself... and frankly, I don't need a person to tell me what I can think, do or say. I have my own brian for a reason, so I can make my own choices. If anyone tried to control me like that, I would definately drop them in a heartbeat... and if she starts doing that, I'll drop her too.

She knows I wrote in here. Though I don't know why her getting mad and turning on me is such a big deal. Isn't that my problem? If she turns on me, then it's something I have to deal with, not anyone else. It's not like she could do that much damage to me anyway. She knows nothing of my personal life aside from me having some parrots. If what you guys say is true, she's losing her power anyway, so... yeah. That's why I just don't worry about these things. It's too much to stress over. Besides, it's just a video game... I have a real life that needs more of my attention. That is really what I should be stressing over.

It's late here, so I won't be back until tommorow night if you still want to discuss anything. Later.
celligirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2008 June 19, 15:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me for butting in. Smiley I don't know Atwa, have never had contact with her, have never been burned by her, etc. But it seems to me that a lot of people have been burned, and some of what she has said, behind their backs, has been vicious. And what people here are trying to do is simply to warn you. Yes, you're a big boy and can take care of yourself, but I tend to see these people's advice and warnings as the same as, say, advising someone against experimenting with drugs. As in that situation, one can see the disaster looming on the horizon if you keep going along the path you're following. Yes, if what they're saying might happen does happen, then it will be your problem to deal with. But wouldn't you rather head trouble off at the pass? It is a fact that she is claiming to be your partner in this site. If this is not true, as you say, then at the very least you'd probably do well to address her about this now.

And yes, this is a video game. Partly. The other part is that it's a community. One made up of people. People who, by your own admission, can be nasty. Now, maybe you can keep yourself and your feelings separate from what members of the community say and do and continue to do what you do regardless of what's going on in said community. If so, that's great. From what I've seen of what Atwa has said about people she's decided she doesn't like...Well, I'd say I really hope that truly is what you can do, should you choose to continue to associate with her.

A string quartet: A good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and a person who hates violins.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2008 June 19, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm sorry if I just don't worry about silly things like this. It's not worth my time. This is really just about a video game to me. And I don't need anyone to kiss my boo boos... if she turns on me, then oh well... there are plenty of other people in the world. You get what I mean?  Undecided

Anita is not dictating what I say. I am perfectly capable of speaking for myself... and frankly, I don't need a person to tell me what I can think, do or say. I have my own brian for a reason, so I can make my own choices. If anyone tried to control me like that, I would definately drop them in a heartbeat... and if she starts doing that, I'll drop her too.

She knows I wrote in here. Though I don't know why her getting mad and turning on me is such a big deal. Isn't that my problem? If she turns on me, then it's something I have to deal with, not anyone else. It's not like she could do that much damage to me anyway. She knows nothing of my personal life aside from me having some parrots. If what you guys say is true, she's losing her power anyway, so... yeah. That's why I just don't worry about these things. It's too much to stress over. Besides, it's just a video game... I have a real life that needs more of my attention. That is really what I should be stressing over.

It's late here, so I won't be back until tommorow night if you still want to discuss anything. Later.

So, basically you're asking her to use you and if she does and turns on you, who cares, right?  It's disappointing that you have such a laissez-faire attitude to what Atwa is capable of doing to your reputation in this community.  Although really you didn't have the best one to begin with, it doesn't help to have your name and hers in the same sentence and yes, even if what people are saying that she is saying turns out to be untrue.  (We have yet to see screenshots of her saying this stuff.)  It may just be a gaming community but I doubt very much you joined with the intention to become someone's pawn.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2008 June 19, 21:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

missangelica, then you are one of the better people in this world, but even I have trouble fighting fire with sugar, sunshine, kisses and butterflies. Sometimes I like to use a mace, land mines, super glue and a pit of snakes.  Smiley
I usually step out of the situation. There are very few things that matter enough to get all worked up about them. If it is worth it, I'm all about the blunt objects.

I do appreciate the warnings about her, but let me find out for myself. I'm stubborn, so if it's true, then naturally I will have to learn this the hard way. If she turns on me, I guess I'll just join the crowd over here eh? Buy myself a pirate hat, say Arr! and drink imaginary rum until I'm green in the face. If I catch scurvy, then aparently I did something wrong. lol
See ya in a bit, then. Just remember to eat an orange every once in awhile, and you'll be fine.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2008 June 19, 21:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish you'd all get what I am really trying to say here. Anita and I are not 'close'. That's why I don't worry about something like this. As I've said, we've only talked sparingly. It's not to the extent that you all are seeing it to be. We have much the same relationship as we did at TSR... meaning SA + Artist Manager. It's a very non-personal relationship. Most of it is just sharing new things we've made, sharing textures, and that sort of thing. That's the reason why I'm not worried about it, because I do not 'bond' with people from the internet for the most part. I know the dangers that can become of it, much to the tune of what you're saying.

Is that a slight better explaination? It's not so much that I 'don't care'... it's more like what celligirl said. I keep my online life and personal life very separate. I only tell things to online people that I wouldn't care if anyone knew... For example, one of my birds was killed about 6 days ago. I told Anita about that. Just for the record, it was a baby Eclectus parrot we'd been hand-feeding for months, and our dog broke out of it's gate and attacked it  Cry . That's information I would tell anyone. I'm not even afriad to say that I'm adopted and have a different last name than my parents. (I have my birth mother's last name.)

I make it a point to tell only very trusted individuals about my actual life. A few community members know what I do for a living, and two even know my address and phone number. Those individuals I trust, and so far my trust has been very well placed. Also, if I do indeed give out that information, I always make it a trade. They have to tell me theirs too. It keeps them from leaking personal things when they know you have something personal of theirs to tell. It's really a good tip for any internet user to remember. If a person asks for your address but isn't willing to give you theirs in return, you should not give them that information.

One more detail I would like to add is that even if someone slanders me over the internet or elsewhere, I'm not likely to do the same back to them. I try to respect everyone, despite what they've said / done to me.

I know my reputation here is aweful, but I'm not going to destroy others' reputations out of spite. If I may so inlclude that by what has been discussed here, if true, that is the pattern Anita follows. Get hurt and be hurt. I would rather take on the pain myself without distributing it onto others. I can agree on some bad things that were said about me around here actually. I can't say that I blame anyone for saying I look like a girl... because I do have long hair (very long hair now), and I do dye it. I wear black makeup sometimes, and paint my nails black... not to mention my eyelashes are quite pretty... *insert girly giggle here* Now that I've gotten away from the red hair, it's not so bad. My hair is black again now. I look like a mix between Ozzy and an emo boy.  Huh

I agree also that I did a bad thing with Delphy, and am sorry for letting the pedophile shock get ahold of me. When anyone hears that word, its not going to exactly make them happy. I just didn't think... not until after I heard Delphy's side, which by then it was too late to save. Just one of the many things I regret doing in my life.

With the poetry, well, that's just a way I vent without taking it out on someone else. If I hold it in rather than writting it, I become an entirely different person. I get really pissy and unbearable to be around.  Undecided

Just to reassure everyone that Anita isn't involved with my website, I'm changing it's name and layout, and I'm not telling it to anyone. You'll just have to guess at which site is mine when it opens.  Smiley

A tip... don't always believe everything. Not even screenshots. Those can be edited quite easily. Unless you have the conversation, or otherwise open yourself... it's probably not true. Even logs and transcripts can be edited... just be selective.

Essay ended.  Grin

BobbinRobbin
Landlubber

I yam wots I yam, an' dats all wot I yam.

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2008 June 19, 22:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...well, I'm going to divulge a interesting conversation I had with Riverwillows. After her last post, I pm'd her and we talked a bit. She also keeps her online life, and personal life separate. Didn't matter. As near as she can tell, the real reason Atwa hates her, is when they were in the TC last year, Atwa was very friendly towards her, but there was one or two times she didn't agree with somthing Atwa said, and nicely posted so. Atwa responded nicely back, and they agreed to disagree, then it seemed they were still friendly. And that apparently lasted throughout the whole resulting hoopla with the TC and the mods, with Atwa being oh so friendly and supportive to her and all the others.

What River didn't know, was the whole time Atwa was bad mouthing her specifically to all the FA's and some SA's, saying she was a pirate, and other bad things, etc. And as near as River can figure, she didn't really do anything to Atwa....except disagree with her on a few very minor unrelated points. Apparently, it was enough, and next she knew, she was being talked about in forums. It still kinda puzzles her, as the disagreements were private, and personal, and seemed to be resolved friendly like. And they weren't even major issues, just small things. River only found out about Anita badmouthing her, because she actually stated to get emails from other people (Anita supporters) that weren't nice. Was a shock to her.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say, is it doesn't matter whether you keep things separate, it's your online/sims community rep that will get trashed and bad mouthed. And since you plan to be a regular contibutor to the sims community, you might want to just be a bit cautious, as sadly, there are tons of sheeple out there who don't know Atwa the way we do, and WILL believe any bad things she says as gospel. And cause you uneeded hassle.

It's just that we do actually care, Shey, in our own way.

I be colage edjamacated.
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2008 June 19, 22:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, and I'm being careful. I may not be religious, but I believe that everything happens for a good reason. If something goes really whack... I'll know it was to teach me a good life lesson in the end.  Smiley

I am still a teen, so I've got alot to learn yet. Thanks for listening to me and trying to help.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2008 June 19, 22:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I picked up one of the small local papers to read on the bus ride home this afternoon, and ran across this little blurb.

Here's something you don't hear every day. A 41-year-old woman in Stockholm has been accused of raping a 30-year-old man after she took him home from the pub and, according to the story in Aftonbladet newspaper, "performed oral sex on him against his will."

Does the fact that Atwat sprang immediately to my mind make me a bad person?

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2008 June 19, 22:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends. Were you mugging someone at the time?
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2008 June 19, 22:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's older than that though...

And a woman raping a man? Oral against his will? Not to be perverted, but what guy would turn that down??? lol
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2008 June 19, 22:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheyza:  Eh, I've said my piece.  Just try thinking about it before fully discarding what we've said, ok?  Like Roundrobin said, it's not coming from a bad place.

And yes, I have said previously that you do look like a girl from the one picture I've seen of you that you used on mts2.  It wasn't meant as a diss but rather just my observation and it sticks out in my mind when your name is brought up.  Androgyny seems all the rage these days.. you have a leg up on other guys when it comes to the laydeez.  Wink

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2008 June 19, 22:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a woman raping a man? Oral against his will? Not to be perverted, but what guy would turn that down??? lol

Richard Simmons?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2008 June 19, 23:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richard Simmons???

He's gay, that's different. Gay with the most hideous afro puffy brown dead chia rat thing on his head. lmao

I'm not being homophobic... just incase I offended someone. Wasn't a gay joke.  Lips sealed
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: