PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:16:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592977 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #990 on: 2008 July 12, 04:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*screams with laughter* That was without a doubt, priceless!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 2008 July 12, 08:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red Red Red Red
Green Green Green Green
Blue Blue Blue Blue

Inactive
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2008 July 12, 15:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, apparently I didn't get enough sleep last night. After a moment or two of fairly extreme cognitive dissonance, I finally figured out what was wrong with what you typed, Nouk.  Grin

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
spunkysim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 2008 July 12, 18:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red Red Red Red
Green Green Green Green
Blue Blue Blue Blue

Someone has had too much rum.  It may be me.  Moar please??
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 2008 July 12, 18:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha! I read Nouk's post last night, and didn't notice....I must have been too tired.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2008 July 12, 19:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is fun is to try and read the words with the colour instead of the actual word. Say that red is written in blue and you have to read it as blue instead of red. That really screws with some people's heads.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2008 July 13, 00:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it's an indication of how left vs right brained you are. It's been awhile since someone showed me, but I think they said it's right-brained people who can say the colors without problem and left-brainers who stumble a bit and want to just read the words. Despite the tests I've taken that peg me as exactly middle-brained (or slightly right), I stumble a lot.

How many of you can do it? I'm curious. Seems most people have a hard time with it.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2008 July 13, 00:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it's an indication of how left vs right brained you are. It's been awhile since someone showed me, but I think they said it's right-brained people who can say the colors without problem and left-brainers who stumble a bit and want to just read the words. Despite the tests I've taken that peg me as exactly middle-brained (or slightly right), I stumble a lot.

How many of you can do it? I'm curious. Seems most people have a hard time with it.

I read the text without a problem.  Of course I see the colors are different from the words but it doesn't bother me at all.  XD  Am I weirder?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2008 July 13, 01:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is actually the Stroop effect which causes the stumbling. Most humans are so proficient at reading printed words that they cannot easily ignore them and when they have to choose to ignore the word and instead focus on another aspect of it, such as the color instead, this causes interference. 

The Stroop effect takes advantage of our ability to read words more quickly and automatically than we can name colors. I'm unsure how much, if any, being left or right brained would have upon the effect, but most people do tend to struggle with the task regardless.

I read the text without a problem.  Of course I see the colors are different from the words but it doesn't bother me at all.  XD  Am I weirder?
Not weird, just that you are good at directed attention.

Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2008 July 13, 01:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is actually the Stroop effect which causes the stumbling. Most humans are so proficient at reading printed words that they cannot easily ignore them and when they have to choose to ignore the word and instead focus on another aspect of it, such as the color instead, this causes interference. 

The Stroop effect takes advantage of our ability to read words more quickly and automatically than we can name colors. I'm unsure how much, if any, being left or right brained would have upon the effect, but most people do tend to struggle with the task regardless.
Ah, then the next time I see this person I'll inform him he was wrong. (Gleefully I might add - he's an insufferable know it all. Cheesy)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: 2008 July 13, 03:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to my obsession with my DS, and the Train Your Brain game, I have no problem reading the text first, and then reading the colours second. Smiley

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 2008 July 13, 04:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the words without a problem, but it took me a moment to realize that the text was a different color. Being familiar with this particular trick (thanks to psychology classes from a few years ago), it didn't really trip me up, but it did take half a second to notice what I was seeing.

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2008 July 13, 04:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

speaking of psychology.... a neat little trick  Grin

Get some people into a room and have them sit down of course. At least two people, and have them face each other. Now slowly turn the light on and off, while ringing a bell at the same time. Such as:

*light off and bell*.......*light on*........*light off and bell*........*light on*

Have the people notice how the eyes dilate with the light changes, hence needing a bit of time between the flicks.

And keep doing it for a couple of minutes. Eventually it will get to a point of where you can ring a bell without flicking the light and their eyes will dilate automatically. Now it won't work on everyone, but it does work with a majority of people.

Basically it's subconsciously training their body to react to sounds/sights/smells, and you can literally do it with almost anything   Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2008 July 13, 05:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how very Pavlovian   Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2008 July 13, 05:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink how very clever!

http://www.personalityresearch.org/papers/naik.html

Had to do a whole project for it for my psyche class one year.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: