PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:56:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 593001 times)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #1950 on: 2008 October 29, 06:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  That pretty much seems to be part of his sad and tragic reality.  The thing is, he says likes negativity.  Says its like a "reactor that breeds its own fuel".  The same could be said of positivity, as positivity also begets positivity.  The vital difference between the two is that one is always going backwards (negativity), the other forward (positivity).  Personally, I prefer to be going forward.  You don't achieve much by going back. In fact, when you think about it, negativity is a rather pointless and irrational state of being.  So I guess that sums up Pescado nicely - Pointless and Irrational.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 2008 October 29, 07:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  That pretty much seems to be part of his sad and tragic reality.  The thing is, he says likes negativity.  Says its like a "reactor that breeds its own fuel".  The same could be said of positivity, as positivity also begets positivity.
Untrue. "Positivity" is an abomination to the natural order. It is therefore extremely unstable and requires extremely high resource expenditure to maintain, and when you run out of fuel, the entire mess collapses on itself in a big flaming heap. This essentially defines every economic crash to date. Had people been more negative from the beginning, this would never have happened.

The vital difference between the two is that one is always going backwards (negativity), the other forward (positivity).
Incorrect: Negativity is the view that things will not work out. You therefore plan ahead based on the expectation that whatever it is will end miserably and badly. Positivity, on the other hand, is the naive belief in magic: That things will somehow work out, despite the fact that this is either only a short-term trend or a violation of the laws of thermodynamics. It is wishful, foolish, idiotic thinking. By acting against universal law, you doom yourself to ultimate failure and collapse.

By taking the negative view, I always win. How is this not rational?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 2008 October 29, 07:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vital difference between the two is that one is always going backwards (negativity), the other forward (positivity).
Incorrect: Negativity is the view that things will not work out. You therefore plan ahead based on the expectation that whatever it is will end miserably and badly. Positivity, on the other hand, is the naive belief in magic: That things will somehow work out, despite the fact that this is either only a short-term trend or a violation of the laws of thermodynamics. It is wishful, foolish, idiotic thinking. By acting against universal law, you doom yourself to ultimate failure and collapse.

But what if you plan to fail, and never try, and had the chance to succeed? For instance, PMBD. If you planned to fail at destroying paysites, then why start PMBD? Not unless somewhere in time, you were hoping to succeed at causing butthurt, and destroying paysites. Which would have meant, at some point and time you felt a positive thought. Even if it is about causing pain and displeasure to others, it was still positive.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 2008 October 29, 07:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, Pescado. Dude, KILLER ROBOTS? How is this rational?
AI is not going to gain any sort of true independent advancement in your lifetime, you will never taste that success story. So why wish for their "wake up call" and the ultimate demise of the human race/planet?
It seems a little bit of an energy waster to me. UNLESS...unless you hold a fragment of positive thinking, that hopes that scientific advancement quickens, so you may see your robots of Doom.

Pescado you are an enigma.

I actually understand your point of view on many issues here, I of course know the pleasures of being positive, and have won many times due to optimism (and won just about the same times being pessimistic) so I don't agree with you. I don't know why the fuck we are on this planet, but I know it's a constant gamble. If you found your cheat card, awesome. I'd rather take my losses with a chin up, it makes the winnings that little bit sweeter.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1954 on: 2008 October 29, 09:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to eventually come to a positive conclusion into order to take action.  Ie.  A Negative person will see clouds in the sky, and say 'there's no point going outside today, it might rain.'  So they stay inside, stare at their television or computer, and start plotting ways of taking over the world - effectively allowing them to become sociopathic.  The positive person, however looks outside, sees those dark and dismal clouds laden with rain, and thinks 'oh look a that, looks like it might rain.  Better take my umbrella incase.  Good for the garden though."  And with that happily grabs their umbrella, heads out and has a wonderful day, doing things and going places with their life.  Positive people see negatives, but will turn those negatives into positives, or will just sort those negatives out.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2008 October 29, 10:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado talking like this is hardly anything new..am a bit surprised that you all seem surprised! Its Pescado so what did you expect?! He has the nick Fat Obstreperous Jerk for a reason Tongue

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 2008 October 29, 10:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ie.  A Negative person will see clouds in the sky, and say 'there's no point going outside today, it might rain.'
Your assumption is erroneous: Rain isn't a problem. Rain is a good thing. It blots out the accursed sun!

So they stay inside, stare at their television or computer, and start plotting ways of taking over the world - effectively allowing them to become sociopathic.
And the problem with that is...?

The positive person, however looks outside, sees those dark and dismal clouds laden with rain, and thinks 'oh look a that, looks like it might rain.  Better take my umbrella incase.
Whereas the negative person knows it WILL rain, UNLESS you take your umbrella.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1957 on: 2008 October 29, 11:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado talking like this is hardly anything new..am a bit surprised that you all seem surprised!

Not surprised - just chatting with him the same I would with others.  I'm amused - the man is such a stereotypical persona, and has such a delightful turn of phrase.  Cheesy

So they stay inside, stare at their television or computer, and start plotting ways of taking over the world - effectively allowing them to become sociopathic.
And the problem with that is...?

They are not logically necessary to society. They are irrelevant and unnecessary detritus. Their function is a total of nothing - except to possibly one day take away value from society.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2008 October 29, 12:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what if you plan to fail, and never try, and had the chance to succeed? For instance, PMBD. If you planned to fail at destroying paysites, then why start PMBD?
To cause pain and butthurt?

Which would have meant, at some point and time you felt a positive thought. Even if it is about causing pain and displeasure to others, it was still positive.
I am pretty certain that causing pain and suffering is, in fact, a negative action, and might even be classified as "evil".

Not surprised - just chatting with him the same I would with others.  I'm amused - the man is such a stereotypical persona, and has such a delightful turn of phrase.  Cheesy
You know, if I'm a stereotype, you'd think it'd be easier to find more of me. But no, being as awesome as me is not as easy as it looks, it seems.

They are not logically necessary to society. They are irrelevant and unnecessary detritus. Their function is a total of nothing - except to possibly one day take away value from society.
Not true. There are plenty of antisocial tasks that society needs doing, except they have a hard time finding people to do it, perhaps because it's dangerous and sociopathic. That's my niche right there.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 2008 October 29, 15:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what if you plan to fail, and never try, and had the chance to succeed? For instance, PMBD. If you planned to fail at destroying paysites, then why start PMBD?
To cause pain and butthurt?

Which would have meant, at some point and time you felt a positive thought. Even if it is about causing pain and displeasure to others, it was still positive.
I am pretty certain that causing pain and suffering is, in fact, a negative action, and might even be classified as "evil".

But would you not agree that causing pain and butthurt gives you enjoyment? And enjoyment is a positive attitude to have. I don't think you really hate yourself for pissing Tom off now do you?  Wink

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1960 on: 2008 October 29, 15:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is not above his own vision on life. Therefor, starting PMBD was a win-win endeavor. If it succeeded, it would cause paysites butthurt. If it failed, he would cause himself butthurt.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 2008 October 29, 15:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is not above his own vision on life. Therefor, starting PMBD was a win-win endeavor. If it succeeded, it would cause paysites butthurt. If it failed, he would cause himself butthurt.

Oh I agree with this. But if what your saying is true, then either way, he somehow would have gotten enjoyment. Whether it was giving butthurt to paysites, or butt hurting himself. And if he was feeling enjoyment, then there was a positive feeling.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1962 on: 2008 October 29, 15:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Causing yourself butthurt is not enjoyable in the least (trust me). This proves that his actions were 100% rational and that he is, in fact, a cyborg sent to us from either a distant dystopian furure and a distant dystopian planet.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1963 on: 2008 October 29, 16:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, if I'm a stereotype, you'd think it'd be easier to find more of me. But no, being as awesome as me is not as easy as it looks, it seems.

No one has the commitment to a stereotype you do - perhaps I should have said rather that you are an archetype. I find you in Bond movie villains, Stewie Griffin, Ming the Merciless, Chingis Khan, Conan the Barbarian.  It is just that rarely are people categorised so easily.

And no, I don't think being as awesome as you is easy.  Tongue

Not true. There are plenty of antisocial tasks that society needs doing, except they have a hard time finding people to do it, perhaps because it's dangerous and sociopathic. That's my niche right there.

I was taking the operative phrase "stare at their television or computer, and start plotting ways of taking over the world" - these people don't do anything.  They stare.

Causing yourself butthurt is not enjoyable in the least (trust me).

Marquis de Sade seemed to enjoy it. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1964 on: 2008 October 29, 16:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Causing yourself butthurt is not enjoyable in the least (trust me).

Marquis de Sade seemed to enjoy it. Cheesy

Referencing de Sade to support an argument = argument phail  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: