PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:31:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Make custom hair into DNA- Please read the ENTIRE post.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make custom hair into DNA- Please read the ENTIRE post.  (Read 5132 times)
SnugglySim
Landlubber

View Profile
Make custom hair into DNA- Please read the ENTIRE post.
« on: 2006 December 03, 18:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't make me walk the plank for posting a help thread here, just I'm tired of dealing with morons who don't know how to fucking read an entire post before offering advice/help. So here I go again for the 10th time asking this question....

I'm wanting to take the current custom hair on my sim and make it into her genetics, so when she has a baby, that hair will be its dominant gene. This is on a born in game sim.

In a nut shell here's an example:

current genetics
Black hair -dom
red hair -rec

What I want it to be is:
custom hair -dom
red/black/etc (any of 'em) -rec

If this makes better sense (hope it does), my current sim has a maxis generated hair, the color is her DNA. I've gone in and changed her hair using the mirror/change appearance to a custom one I've downloaded. I want the custom hair to be her genetic makeup, not the maxis generated one.

I don't use sim surgery. So don't tell me to export my sim, clone it and do this and this because I'll ignore it. I don't understand simsurgery (used all the tutorials and its just confusing and way to time consuming).

I have SimPE, yes I know that it works for CAS (give a sim custom hair, offspring have the same custom hair cause it's in the mother/father's genetic makeup.) If there is a tutorial on MTS2 then please post the link because I have yet to find it and I've been looking for it for a very long time with no luck, and the assholes over there don't know what respond to a help thread means. ARG! *is frustrated* Someone plese HELP!

Thanks
 Tongue
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 03, 18:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's better for you to ask for help at MATY.

PMBD isn't really about help.
SnugglySim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 03, 18:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
It's better for you to ask for help at MATY.

PMBD isn't really about help.

Hehe sorry had to laugh. This site is all about help Tongue You're helping ppl get payitems for free Tongue

Anyways I'll look into MATY. But can we keep this open in the event somebody here knows?
Dea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 03, 19:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I have read a couple of threads at MATY though about how to do what your asking for...
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 03, 21:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll keep the thread open.

But when I say PMBD is not about help, I mean it's not about game help, stupid SnugglySim.  Putting up files for looting is not helping, it's about destroying the paysite (or at least taking away some of their donations).
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 03, 21:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are viewing this in a browser that does not
properly wrap the text of TXT files, please save it
and view it in Notepad or right-click and select
"View Source."

--------------------------------------------------------------

CONTENTS
Intro & Other Stuff
Eye Color Properties
Skin Color Properties
Hair, Eyebrow, and Facial Hair Binning

INTRO AND OTHER STUFF

When Maxis designed the genetics system of TS2, they designed something very good.

When they made BodyShop, they made something very good.

Unfortunately, they did not give BodyShop the ability to set whether a color should be dominant or recessive.  All custom content is automatically given the highest priority over Maxis-made content.

And this is very, very bad.  For pale blue eyes should never dominate over brown, nor should platinum hair prevail over black.  However, thanks to Maxis' flawed system, it does just that.

This guide will hopefully explain clearly and concisely how to remedy these problems.

Without a lot of research by people brainier than myself, this never would have happened.  Thus special thanks are in order to the good and gentle citizens of the following realms:

http://sims.ambertation.de
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com
http://www.modthesims2.com

You may print, link to, and transfer by floppy disc if necessary this document, but you may not put this document up on your own website without my permission.  I may be contacted in my guestbook at http://www.springhole.net or on my message board at the same site.

SyeraMiktayee
http://www.springhole.net/bogsims
http://www.springhole.net

!!!!!HOLD IT!!!!!!!!

Before you go any farther, please check the following:
-You have SimPe (available from http://sims.ambertation.de)
-You know enough about it that you can use it without hurting your brain.  (Too hard.)
-You're knowledgable enough to make backup files just in case you really mess something up.

If you check out for all of these, feel free to move on.

EYE COLOR PROPERTIES

Open your file in SimPe.

Under Texture Overlay XML, there is a line titled "genetic."  Click this line.  Change the number to anything from 1 to 4, depending on how dominant or recessive you want your color to be.

1 - Dominant.
2 - Recessive
3 - Super Recessive
4 - Hyper Recessive

Once you've changed this number, click Commit and save your file.

I do not recommend that you use 3 or 4.  When testing eye colors with these values, I found that they were so recessive that the game favored even gray eyes above them.  It could work in special cases, however, such albino eyes or eyes that you simply don't want spreading around the neighborhood.

SKIN COLOR PROPERTIES

Open your file in SimPe.

Under Skintone XML, there is a line titled "genetic."  Click this line.  This is slightly more complicated than eye colors, so bear with me.

Maxis' skins are set at the following...

.90 - Dark
.60 - Olive
.30 - Tan
.10 - Light

If you made a skintone that was somewhere between the .90 (dark) and .60 (olive) complexions, then you could class it as .80, and the child of two Sims with the first two colors could have a child with your custom skintone.  This way, you could fairly well fill in any "missing" shades you felt your game needed.

To acheive a skintone the game reads as lighter than .10, a value of .05 would probably be a good choice.

The decimal points are very necessary - make sure you include them before the two-digit numbers!

(On another note, when you enter a number, IE, ".05," SimPe will automatically convert it to "0.05."  This is perfectly fine.)

HAIR, EYEBROW, AND FACIAL HAIR BINNING

At long last, we have a proper hair binning tool available for SimPE, which is available here:
http://theos.chewbakkas.net/ts2/index.html

But for posterity's sake, here is the old fashioned method:

Load your color (the package that contains the skin) into SimPe.  Choose Property Set on the top-left box.  The Property Set files are the ones you'll be altering.  In each Property Set file there are two entries you'll be wanting to change: "family" and "hairtone."

The "hairtone" line controls what bin that particular hair color shows up in.  Change the line according to what color your hair is supposed to be:

BLACK
00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

BROWN
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

BLOND
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

RED
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

GRAY
00000005-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

You'll have to change this value in all six Property Set files.

Once you have changed these entries, the hairstyle will show up in its proper bin.  However, if you put this hairstyle on your Sim and switch haircolors, the hairstyle will default back to an in-game mesh.  To make the hair colors change properly in the game, you must edit the "family" line.

Open one of your hairstyles.  Under one of the Property Set files, copy and paste one of the "family" numbers.  Using this number, replace the family numbers in every other color with this number.

Last Updated: 5/31/06

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 05, 12:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SnugglySim, with all due respect, if you don't want to take the time to do what you're asking properly, then don't bother asking at all. I can help you to do what you want, but you are going to have to use SimPE. The instructions are simple and easy to understand (I've even included pictures in my tutorial that I'm going to link you to).

First of all, PirateBooty has posted some fairly straightforward instructions on how to change the genetics of features (hair, eyes, etc.) in the game as a whole (as in, making the eyes/hair/skins genetically dominant/recessive for everyone and not just your one Sim), so if you want to change the dominincy/receccivity of the hairs in the game in general (and not just for the one Sim), go ahead and do that first.

Secondly, I have written up a tutorial for changing the genetics of NPCs which might help you out (it's found here). However, to simplify things, here's what you can do:

1. Clone the Sim (since you mention this, I assume you know how to do this).
2. Create the Sim in CAS (making certain to give her the custom hair so that it'll be considered dominant when you create her), leave her in the SimBin in the appropriate neighborhood and then exit the game.
3. Start on step 5 in my tutorial that I've linked you to (and end at Step 14). This will allow you to keep everything the same and will give you the means to make her custom hair the genetic property for her.*

The nice part is that in your case, you won't have to use SimSurgery, since she already looks the way you want her to look.

Good luck.

*In fact, I think you'll only need to copy/paste the one line, as the Hair's the only genetic property you want to change, yes?
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 05, 14:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this exact same question asked and answered on MATY, so I am pretty sure SnugglySim has her answer.
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 05, 15:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, please dont delete or lock this topic, I was looking for how to change the family line, thanks Smiley
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 05, 23:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BlueSoup"
I saw this exact same question asked and answered on MATY, so I am pretty sure SnugglySim has her answer.

Well, let that be a lesson to all of us: don't try to help anyone here.  :roll:
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 06, 00:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a help forum here - it's a RetardoLand with a anti-paysite slant.  It would be like posting a help question in Retardo Land.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: