PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!  (Read 36268 times)
Alice and the Pirates
ARR!

View Profile
Reduce Demand! Download from Free Sites Instead!
« Reply #45 on: 2008 January 09, 11:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"
To a certain degree, all paysite stuff is all about exclusivity. Not all can afford it, thus if you have it, your game is better than others.

Or you know how (or where) to bend the rules.

i]Proud to be the "Southern Austrian Belle" Pirate Girl (according to calalily)[/i]
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 January 09, 15:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Maybe it's just because i don't get around much, but i've never actually met anyone who used their possession of pay CC as a bragging point  And i'm quite grateful for that.)

Lucky, lucky you! :lol:
It's not quite so bad as it used to be, IMO. When places like Liquid Stars and then Simbella's first opened it was terrible!
I think that *most* people are realising now that sharing is best. Even if they don't say so out loud. I've gotten several requests for things from people who aren't usually asking forstuff. For some reason people like to PM me at other forums and ask where to get so and so's objects.
*shrugs*
I know it's because I'm open about things. I only have one other username and I have my usual in my sig at tat place, too.
Babbling, sorry. :oops:
Not enough coffee yet.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
LadyPearly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 January 09, 16:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "aingeal"
(Maybe it's just because i don't get around much, but i've never actually met anyone who used their possession of pay CC as a bragging point :shock: And i'm quite grateful for that.)

I see you were not a member of Simbella, then.  Simbella was notorious for that. And they had exclusive content that you could have if you asked and did not share with anyone outside the forum. But of course they also had super exclusive stuff that the inner circle shared among themselves.

Also, take Aikea_Guinea. People are obsessed with her sims because they cannot have them. Also, she has some things she refuses to share with anyone, thus everyone tries to kiss her ass as best they can, because if you become one of her chosen ones, she shares her stuff with you.

To a certain degree, all paysite stuff is all about exclusivity. Not all can afford it, thus if you have it, your game is better than others.

Some people are on a big ego trip!
Steerpike
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 January 09, 17:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, take Aikea_Guinea. People are obsessed with her sims because they cannot have them. Also, she has some things she refuses to share with anyone, thus everyone tries to kiss her ass as best they can, because if you become one of her chosen ones, she shares her stuff with you.

*nudge nudge*HIM666 at Wicked Sims has recreated some unreleased Aikea Guinea stuff. It's super fantastic.

Dballx
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 January 09, 19:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know most people willing to pay for Exnem stuff because how his objects look all shiny. If only I or some one else had the talent and know how to create objects and use coding like him for free!!! it would be a major turn around. I agree on Plaldin objects because his objects is so Damn Good and don't even mess up your game.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2008 January 09, 21:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requip wrote:
There's a thread going on at N99 right now about TSR? And there are so many people posting about subbing there!  It originally started off with one person complaining she couldn't get in and she has a sub but it's turned into "I luv TSR" and it's making me ill.  

http://starlightsims.yuku.com/topic/23747

Plum wrote:
I've never seen anything like it. How odd. o.O

I know and now they're pointing this new person to all the "top" creators at TSR who are pay!  :shock: WTF?Huh

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 January 09, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*puts on tinfoil hat* They've been infiltrated! That's how it looks, though. Like they've got their little goons over there and are pointing the fools over to TSR cause the people don't know any better.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 January 09, 22:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anna X"

*nudge nudge*HIM666 at Wicked Sims has recreated some unreleased Aikea Guinea stuff. It's super fantastic.

Shocked *dies of happiness*

I had no idea! Thank you so much!

Here, have all my rum! You deserve it! Cheesy

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 January 10, 02:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HIM666 is awesomenes.

Yeah, I never joined Simbella (lucky me again XD) Only heard about it when I started lurking the Phorum, actually. Then again, I only got TS2 last March, and haven't been an active member in anything other than a couple of small forums. So I've been spared all the drama, which is fine by me :lol: Drama's only fun from a distance and in stories. I suppose it's natural, if ugly behaviour, since humans are competitive creatures.

Aikea's stuff is very nice, but I wouldn't degrade myself for the sake of some pixels. A few someones tried to act all friendly to me on Gaia to get art before, and it annoyed the crap out of me. Am not that stupid, thx.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 January 10, 04:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone there stole my super-original name that I totally did not copy from a fruit. *narrowy eyes*

WonderRik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 January 10, 07:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "ws-jessica"

I think the main problem with paysites being in-demand is that they make realistic popular hairstyles (like certain celebs wear) and most free creators have unique styles that dont fit everyone. I love nouk, but her hair isnt for everyone (it is for me though, i have pretty much all of them lol). And there are a few great hair meshers on mts2 and stuff but they only seem to make Anime hair styles and only for boys :|

I think this really is the heart of the problem.  I make sims of characters from stories I write and I usually have a very specific style in mind.  Quite a few times I've found that the pay hairs were closer to what I was looking for than a lot of the free hairs (though if there's a "duplication", I go with the free).
WonderRik
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 January 10, 15:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this exist or not, but there should be someplace where you take the pay hairs and then show free hairs of a similar style.  I've always thought that something like that would be helpful along with links and a quality report (e.g.  mentioning any gappiness, animation problems, etc.).
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 January 10, 16:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
Alrighties, so are we doing a general list, with focus on some specific popular items?

I found this site through Google but it looks like it may be dead or hasn't really gotten off the ground.

There is a disclaimer on the "Mission" page:

Our mission here is simple. We wish to link the community of Sims 2 sites together.

Our primary goal is to group all free sites together. Yes you'll see a section for donation as well as paysites. We will catergorize accordingly. We will add each link based on criteria and submit to the appropiate category link.

I hope you will join us in making this site into a great directory for all Sims 2 sites.

I have no idea who "Webmist" (the Administrator) is.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 January 10, 19:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that might help bring awareness to the awesomeness of free creators:

Become active in WCIF areas of other sites and send people to free sites for the stuff they want, especially when someone else has sent them to look at a pay item.

The important thing is that you have to take your idea outside of here and other forums like this you're really just preaching to the choir if you don't.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 January 10, 19:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I suggest to those of you who have not yet done so, that you check out http://freesims2simming.wetpaint.com

This is a wiki, so anyone can join and  make pages and entries on existing pages. You can even display your  hair comparison charts.  Smiley

Still watching you guys
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: