PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 06:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 97538 times)
LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« Reply #150 on: 2007 October 28, 09:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dachshundsbykayandrobin"

This is from Rose herself:
Hi _______,
From your words,I know that you don't know anything about how to make 3D models.No rearch,No talking!You need study more!
And I have enough prove to point that you are one of the sharer,so I don't doubt you can get my hairs from way.I also keep the right to complaint you because you are sharing my 3D models which are copyrighted.
EA games have never and will not say they can have all the 3D models and textures used in the custom content,maybe you should send a email to their legal term group,then you will know the truth!
Good Luck!
Rose

Sounds like it's RobotRose ... And careful what you say, otherwise she'll "complaint you"  :lol:

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 October 28, 12:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LuxCasta"

Sounds like it's RobotRose ... And careful what you say, otherwise she'll "complaint you"  :lol:

Ha Ha. Ooo I am sooo Scared.  :lol:  :lol: I just thought all of you would get a kick out of RobotRose. <<Good one by the way.

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2007 October 28, 14:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol notice how she just avoided the issue of copying Peggy entirely?

I looked at both in Milkshape and I don't doubt that either they got it from the same source, or Rose took Peggy's and "improved" it a bit, with some changes/tweaks here or there.  It wouldn't be too difficult for someone like Rose to do that, but I can't say that the meshes are identical, since they are not.  Still, a LOT of time has passed since Peggy released that hair and Rose released her similar version..

Which ponytail is stupider, on Rose's mesh: the top or the side?  Since they are two separate ponytails, if you remove the side one, the top one is very short.  It's the side one that makes it go over the shoulders like that.

I don't normally do this, especially not for something I am unsure I will ever release, but is this an improvement or does it take away the "spunkyness" effect that's created when the top ponytail is there? (I probably should have used one of the lighter colours, sorry):

This is with the top ponytail removed from the mesh directly - interestingly enough, that reduces the poly-count by about 2000!  The hair mesh by Rose, unaltered, is about...I think it was almost 8000 polys.  I don't remember, but it was definitely over 7000.  Peggy's was at least under 3000 :/

Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 October 28, 15:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hair mesh by Rose, unaltered, is about...I think it was almost 8000 polys. I don't remember, but it was definitely over 7000. Peggy's was at least under 3000 :/

:shock: Good god, no wonder I barely DL anymore.   :roll:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 October 28, 16:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it with the top ponytail removed. It looks much better. Especially without that dumb barette thingy. I am sure it is still there but not sticking up in the air like that. If you fix it like this I will be the first to download the fix.

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2007 October 28, 16:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, there was no need for the poly-count to be so high (especially if Peggy's was under 3000).

I think I'll actually finish working on this one first, since I actually like the textures (which means less work for me! :lol:) Of course, there are neck/ear/forehead gaps with this mesh that are a bit tricky to fix (for me), but I'll try my best.

Yes, the hair clip is still there but only for the sidepony tail, since otherwise it would be magically lifted to the side lol. I removed the entire top ponytail & clip. If I recolour, which I probably will, I'll change the colour of the clip to something closer to the actual hair colour, i.e. black-ish clip for black hair.

In all honesty, I kinda like the overall effect created with the top ponytail, but having two is just stupid, so oh well.

Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 October 28, 16:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I love everything you fix and do and I have everything you have on your site downloaded. I am looking forward to this fix and want to thank you ahead of time for doing this. You are a wonderful pirate and it shows. I am trying to find a mesh that JayUrbans braid textures look good with so that is what I will be working on for a little bit. Trying to make some more ethnic style hairs that can be used for all colors of skin.

kristalrose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 October 28, 18:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade--I think your edit looks much better!  I have the Peggy version in my game, but I don't have Rose's, and don't want it because of the ugly top-ponytail.  But, I think yours is the best of the bunch.  Smiley
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 October 28, 18:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"

The hair mesh by Rose, unaltered, is about...I think it was almost 8000 polys.  I don't remember, but it was definitely over 7000.  Peggy's was at least under 3000 :/

Feck  :shock:

Well I'll be deleting some of her hairs from my game - I have very few Peggy and Rose meshes as it is, because of their scaringly high poly counts (and the fact that most of them are just plain fug), but 7000+?! Ack my poor laptop  :?

I dont suppose you know what Raon poly counts are like? I've heard they are worse..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 October 28, 18:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't mind high polycounts on body shop stuff when it matters.  Like, HP's curly hair mesh or Nouk's curly ponytail or Atlaua's peacock dress mesh.  I don't get how that ponytail benefits from a high poly count.  What's worse is that she doesn't say on her site that the ponytail is high-poly.  Some poor kid with a Dell 240 (or something crappy like that) will be wondering why they can't play their game.

And Renegade, I'm with dachshunds.  I like everything you fix and make.  Cheesy

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2007 October 28, 20:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"

I dont suppose you know what Raon poly counts are like? I've heard they are worse..

They used to be very high, yes.  I just checked for you right now and included pictures so everyone can see what styles I'm talking about without having to visit the site and click stuff, etc:

This pay hair, #52, is 4175 polys - not horrible, but it's too much for a simple style.

THIS pay hair, a simpler and shorter style - is 10576 polys!! That's absolutely insane!

Not to mention - they both have gaps and odd see-thru transparency issues.  Clearly you get your money's worth... :roll:

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, everyone! I'm not having much luck closing the forehead gaps, but I'm working on this pretty randomly and at around 20mins at a time lol.  I'll also try fiddling a bit with the side ponytail and the side of the bangs to even out the look.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 October 29, 07:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, crud. I really like that second Raon hair in pictures. I don't suppose some mesh goddess could fix it?

That Rose edit looks good.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 October 29, 08:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Renegade Smiley

...how is the second hair that big?! Are you sure SimPE didnt add up the different age groups? It seems too big for such a puny hair mesh... :shock:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: 2007 October 29, 09:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CapnJojoba - just for you, I double checked in both SimPE and Milkshape and yes, the mesh itself, for Adults, is 10576.  The teen is 10582, child = 10590, and toddler = 10556.  It's so big because it has so many rounded parts I think - that, and they don't really pay attention to polycounts when they build, it seems.

Sad It's rather unfortunate since I like this style.

Neriana - I don't know if Nouk would fix it but I could give it a whirl Tongue

ETA: Okay, my initial attempt at reducing the polys failed.  I tried bringing it down to 4400, which resulted in pretty severe distortion and a "spotting" effect Sad  That and the fact that I've been told the best way to reduce polys is to not create something that's so high-poly in the first place.  Since I didn't make it and have no clue how to re-make it, I don't know what I can do.  I think I can bring it down to about 6000 or 7000, even though that's still high :/ I might try later, but I think I'd rather work on the Rose hair.

LuxCasta
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 October 29, 14:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "dachshundsbykayandrobin"
Quote from: "LuxCasta"

Ha Ha. Ooo I am sooo Scared.  :lol:  :lol: I just thought all of you would get a kick out of RobotRose. <<Good one by the way.

Heh heh, sorry I am a late replier - nappies don't change themselves these days  :roll: (who knew?) And RobotRose is soooo gunna bee da name 4 Lousieee!!11oneone

(She is Lucasta Rosemary)
(Talking about Peggy/Rose makes me feel excessively tryndee, and I don't know why).

y name is Bonnie - damned me for putting LuxCasta as my username!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: