PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 15:49:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!  (Read 97731 times)
aingeal
Landlubber

View Profile
OMFG!!!!EINZ!!! RoseSims is being soooo nice!!
« Reply #135 on: 2007 October 15, 07:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Unfortunately Seomi has been gone for a while, as well as Louis/Ren.  Sad  Their stuff really is fantastic though, and I suppose that's mostly because they don't feel compelled to create something new every day since they aren't selling their stuff.

Yeah >< i think that pretty much sums up the good and bad of people who actually create out of passion for the game - when their enthusiasm fades or something else comes along, they don't have much reason to keep producing works, but while they are in the fandom, their love for the game really shows in the things they make.

Pigtails? : o Don't know if i saw the previews. Probably shouldn't go looking though, or i'll want them too XD

Quote from: "pinksmoke"
On an unrelated note, Aikea_Guinea has posted a story at TSR. She didn't actually write it, she just adapted it to Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven.

Tributes are one thing, but i hope she isn't claiming she came up with it herself or anything of the sort. >> She makes some pretty nice outfits and accessories, but i'm not really fond of her Sims or stories at all.

Quote from: "Tiberius"
I NEW IT!!!!! im sure i saw similarities between Ren's hair for Oblivion and Sim Cribbling's hairs, even his avatar in MTS2 looks like its from Oblivion (but the ears are wrong). i love his/her hairs, too bad i cant use them in oblivion...

Yup, 'tis one and the same Smiley i was pleasantly surprised when i found out she made content for Sims 2 as well - i first saw her stuff when looking for Morrowind mods. She made my game so much prettier ;___; <3
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 October 23, 21:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG

It kinda look like peggy's old one. I guess they deserve the crap charging people for their crap and then one goes and takes the other ones crap and charges again for it.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2007 October 23, 22:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually not too surprising as I think their hairs all look the same.  The Rose one looks much better done in the picture, who knows about in game though, why make it right the first time when you can fix it and charge twice?

The rose one does just look silly in the back.  If I saw someone walking down the street like that I would laugh.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 October 23, 23:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rose hair looks better from the front but ridiculous from the back. It should have been just one ponytail.  Last time I wore more than one was back in 3rd grade. I still might dl it because I do like the front minus that white hairclip.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2007 October 24, 00:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL~!  XD

That's like pretty much the same damn hair, except different textures, and Rose's is ridiculous from the back.  Then again, so is Peggy's as I'm pretty sure that the hair starts halfway up the sims head (from the back).

I might end up loading both meshes into milkshape sometime just to see how similar they are, and then laugh.  And then...I have no idea what I'll do :/  Actually, there are slight differences, but that could have been changed by Rose, assuming she just stole it from Peggy (or they both stole it from Poser or another source).  The only "glaring" differences I see are the front two strands and that second ponytail at the back.

But yeah, Rose's version looks much better from the front, hate from the back.  Do I want this?  Meh.

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 October 24, 01:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair further reinforces my conspiracy theory that Rose and Peggy are the same person.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 October 24, 01:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget that Peggy definitely uses Poser.  I forgot if Rose does, but she might.  I'll find pics.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 October 24, 01:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would SimPosing be considered the same as using an animation box?
I use animation boxes for pics sometimes...
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 October 24, 01:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean the animation boxes, just that Peggy uses converted Poser hair meshes (without giving credit, I must add) and Rose may too.  Some Peggy hairs look like XM Sim hairs because it was proven (by pictures too similar to be mere coincidence) that the hairs were converted from Poser.

Why, hello thar!

Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 October 24, 02:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually Rose and Peggy use converted Poser meshes.

There was a big hullabaloo over XMSims, Rose, and Peggy having similar hairs because they converted the same Poser meshes.  (At least XMSims took the time to lower the polycount and adjust the fit of the mesh.  Still, they converted it without credit.)

There's a whole thread on S2C (locked, dammit) and the Poser discussion (with pics of hairs and objects) starts here.

Why, hello thar!

Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 October 24, 03:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "markusrandall"
That hair further reinforces my conspiracy theory that Rose and Peggy are the same person.

I bet you are right. It makes sence. She re-releases the items as Rose once she fixes them up a tad. But not enough to make it to where folks wont complain. Why do that cuz that would be like being nice to someone.

Quote from: "Redikolous"
I didn't mean the animation boxes, just that Peggy uses converted Poser hair meshes (without giving credit, I must add) and Rose may too.  Some Peggy hairs look like XM Sim hairs because it was proven (by pictures too similar to be mere coincidence) that the hairs were converted from Poser.

OK now that is something. It is a shame that they do not make the hairs to look as nice as those on the poser photos. There are some real cute hairstyles there. I do like Xmsims hairs though as they do such a nice job and theirs are free by gosh.

PirateOfMashedPotatoes
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 October 24, 06:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redikolous"
Actually Rose and Peggy use converted Poser meshes.

Actually, I'm not totally convinced the first hair by Peggy is a Poser mesh.  Those 2 hairs are only similar and Peggy shows an Avril Lavigne hair that she used to make it.  They look just alike.
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 October 24, 09:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "pinksmoke"
-waves back-

I really liked the Seomi and Ren stuff, and it's a miracle they weren't pay although Seomi posted some stuff at TSR quite a long time back. Both of their meshes were extremely versatile and Ren's skins were a godsend.

Though I didn't really like the piercings in the bellybuttons for Ren's skins.
I too wanted those pigtails, they were the epitome of cute...at least to me! The reason why Ren and Seomi's stuff are pretty much some of the best is that they don't get payment for it, but as a result have gone AWOL as well.

That really sucks. And they actually bothered to animate their meshes, unlike some people we know (points to Peggy).

On an unrelated note, Aikea_Guinea has posted a story at TSR. She didn't actually write it, she just adapted it to Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven.

Aikea_Guinea taking on the Raven makes me want to do a Sim story adaptation of Pinocchio starring Benjamin Long. I could make it so he's lying about not having a paysite. And so it ties in to this topic, he can use the money to pay for his wedding, and charge six bucks for fixed hairs.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 October 24, 23:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular hair may not be Poser, but there are some that are.  There is a thread around here that hashes the entire thing.  Can't find it, but I remember reading it.

Why, hello thar!

Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 October 28, 08:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cover was blown..anyway, here is a message I wrote to Rose:
That is fine you not being able to sell me hairs any longer. I had already made up my mind to get them from the another source anyway. All you did with this last hair is copy peggysims anyway. Attached you will find a copy of peggys hair photo and a copy of your hair photo and you will see they look exactly the same but yours has one extra ponytail. You also get your ideas from the poser and never give them credit. So they are not really your ideas.

EA games is the one who owns all meshes and items. You are illeagelly selling them anyway. They have never been yours nor will they be considered yours. All I have done is recolored them and made them look more realistic.

This is from Rose herself:
Hi _______,
From your words,I know that you don't know anything about how to make 3D models.No rearch,No talking!You need study more!
And I have enough prove to point that you are one of the sharer,so I don't doubt you can get my hairs from way.I also keep the right to complaint you because you are sharing my 3D models which are copyrighted.
EA games have never and will not say they can have all the 3D models and textures used in the custom content,maybe you should send a email to their legal term group,then you will know the truth!
Good Luck!
Rose

The suck a... b....! Anyway that is what she says. Her meshs are copywritten. Smiley . Just thought all of you would like to read my email...:lol:.  Oh and for anyone lurking this is not my screen name I go by if I am sharing or buying files to share. So there.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: