PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:34:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.  (Read 79757 times)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
The Sims Mod Board is having problems, too.
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 05, 22:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may or may not interest the pirates that I mentioned PMBD to Katy in a PM way back in March, but refrained from expressing an opinion one way or another, other than to congratulate her on keeping SMB free. I fully expected to be banned, as there was NO discussion about the current hot button community topic (paysites) and was not. On the other hand, she never responded.

Smiley

I am curious to see who she has on her blacklist, whether they are pro- or anti-paysites. I'd suspect they are pro, because SMB is a freesite. Or was.

So much drama for a community about pixel people and pixel dollhouses. Holy schnizz.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 05, 22:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't quote the entire message because I had so many sub-quotes my eyes were crossing trying to sort out the tags.

Anyway...

Quote from: "Lorelei"
Quote from: "Aquamarine"
That was my first Sims 2 forum. actually, right before I found an INTJ-encouraging new home at MATY.

I'm normally very good at picking up on sarcasm on the intarwebs, but you lost me on this one. I'd like to know if this was really meant to be tongue-in-cheek before I break down into hysterical laughter.

I'm not sure how you're interpreting my comment, so I can't say if you're on the mark or not! :lol:

I'm fairly well-versed in Myers-Briggs/Jung types because I post on a fuckton of forums study abnormal psychology. However, I'm extremely skeptical of the system because of the high potential for error. To put it simply: people lie.

Now, MATY strikes me as having very few actual INTJs, which is one of the reasons why I found your initial comment hilarious (and because, frankly, it's a bit odd to casually mention in a thread completely unrelated to MB tests). I'm sure you know how common it is for people mis-attribute characteristics they perceive as positive to themselves that they don't actually possess. Bearing the INTJ label has become a mark of e-prestige and "intelligence," much the same as declaring one has Asperger's Syndrome; considering the degree of social pressure on MATY to at least seem more intelligent than the general populace, I call bullshit on a lot of the results.

Also, I've found the Myers-Briggs test to be a bit fickle in my case. I mainly score as either INTJ or INTP depending on my general level of contrariness at the time, and one version gave me ENFP. Which is... not my personality at all.

If you apply these temperaments to MATY, which is strongly INTJ, as is Pescado, you get a forum that doesn't seek out members, is not particularly bothered about welcoming new people, dismissive of illiteracy and 12ness and "hurt feelings" and drama, enjoys thoughtful threads and debates, focuses on clarity of expression (semantics) and grammar, and is bored easily. If you're an INTJ, the lack of fluffy / blinky emoties and e-hugs and long discussions about soppy feeling-based crud and leetspeak is like manna from heaven.

Really? There seems to be quite a bit of that these days. One of the reasons I don't post there is because of the adolescent sniping that's liable to break out in any thread, regardless of the subject matter; most of which seems to derive from conflicts that occurred quite some time ago and the participants are still butthurt.

Though, of course, this mainly applies to Retardoland. I very much appreciate the rest of the forum because I don't have to wade through pages and pages of fluffbunny nonsense for one small piece of information. And, well, I need my hacks.

As far as Pescado's concerned, he's definitely a combination of meeting the general criteria for the INTJ result and a master troll.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 05, 22:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
Some math..

$400 a month x 12 months = $4000 Huh

Now, I may not be a math whiz but I'm pretty sure it would be $4800..

---

Katy's Quality:  At least from the things I've been interested in, I've noticed that she puts things up for download before properly testing it.  I don't think that it is intentional borking up people's games.  I think she just gets so excited by what she's working on that she feels the need to share it asap.  I would typically wait at least a week before downloading it to allow the first wave of testers to help her fix the object.

eta:  oh, her objects are also "not awesome" (MATY) so some refuse to download just based on that. :lol:

I love all Katy's little object mods, they've never borked my game. Never even when they were in the testing phase. All you had to do to find things was just like on Insim, go to the forums. Not the posts. I'm with you I tried not to download them right away, but would wait till the testing phase was over. She's the only one I know of that made new animations for the Sims and actually got them to work and look natural.

I thought we didn't put down freesites here or freesite creators? Is that not part of the FAQ? I'd like for even one person to tell me anything Katy has did to them that put them out, or said in a cruel way to anyone? She has always gone out of her way, even putting her own projects to the side to make things for people so they didn't have to go to paysites to get it. Even if it meant her learning something new. She's always shared her knowledge on how to do something, as well as taking people's objects with no credit to her and fixed them. She's always said I am not a mesher, so my meshes are horrible. She has nothing to do with them saying they need 400 a month to host the site. Sad

It may or may not interest the pirates that I mentioned PMBD to Katy in a PM way back in March, but refrained from expressing an opinion one way or another, other than to congratulate her on keeping SMB free. I fully expected to be banned, as there was NO discussion about the current hot button community topic (paysites) and was not. On the other hand, she never responded.

Smiley

I am curious to see who she has on her blacklist, whether they are pro- or anti-paysites. I'd suspect they are pro, because SMB is a freesite. Or was.

So much drama for a community about pixel people and pixel dollhouses. Holy schnizz.

I talked to Katy a lot in emails, they really screwed with her, and the site, driving up bandwidth. Hacking into the site. Jan would get it fixed and they'd do something else. That's the whole reason they wanted the paysite/freesite discussions stopped. Katy is pro-freesite, as well as several others there including the site founder.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 05, 22:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you apply these temperaments to MATY, which is strongly INTJ, as is Pescado, you get a forum that doesn't seek out members, is not particularly bothered about welcoming new people, dismissive of illiteracy and 12ness and "hurt feelings" and drama, enjoys thoughtful threads and debates, focuses on clarity of expression (semantics) and grammar, and is bored easily.

Really? There seems to be quite a bit of that these days. One of the reasons I don't post there is because of the adolescent sniping that's liable to break out in any thread, regardless of the subject matter; most of which seems to derive from conflicts that occurred quite some time ago and the participants are still butthurt.

I second what Aquamarine said. The drama and petty grudges that permeates just about every nook of that forum recently has been a major turn off. I'd much rather stay here and post with Crazy Jan than have to wade through all the snide crap that pops up in just about every MATY thread now.

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 06, 02:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, MATY strikes me as having very few actual INTJs, which is one of the reasons why I found your initial comment hilarious (and because, frankly, it's a bit odd to casually mention in a thread completely unrelated to MB tests). I'm sure you know how common it is for people mis-attribute characteristics they perceive as positive to themselves that they don't actually possess. Bearing the INTJ label has become a mark of e-prestige and "intelligence," much the same as declaring one has Asperger's Syndrome; considering the degree of social pressure on MATY to at least seem more intelligent than the general populace, I call bullshit on a lot of the results.

I've gotten the opinion there are a lot of posers also, but it's also worth noting that the ones who stir the shit are the ones who aren't. The recent drama, for instance, apparently broke down nearly entirely along the T/F lines. Someone commented how sanity seemed to instantly return the moment those people had been run off, and that this was disturbing. The truth is, according to the polls, INTJs only polled as 20%, rather than the "majority" as Lorelei stated, but it's certainly and visibly a dominantly overrepresented faction. Also, stay out of Retardo Land, the Fs hang out there. If you're seeing the issue as being primarily a visibly Retardo Land issue, this is because Retardo Land is the MATY ghetto where we boot all the Fs.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
capnghetto
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 06, 04:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kinda weirded out with PC-Sims going down... one of my favorite car creators... TreZillah was on there with a couple of sweet rides. Katy had alot of good hacks there... the image quality wasnt the greatest... but I pick and choose on what I will run and what I will just comment about... Damn shame though, with the rate sites are diminishing... what's going to be left??? TSR, MTS2 & InSIM???
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 06, 04:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "capnghetto"
I'm kinda weirded out with PC-Sims going down... one of my favorite car creators... TreZillah was on there with a couple of sweet rides. Katy had alot of good hacks there... the image quality wasnt the greatest... but I pick and choose on what I will run and what I will just comment about... Damn shame though, with the rate sites are diminishing... what's going to be left??? TSR, MTS2 & InSIM???

You realize, of course, that "sites going down" is NOT equivalent to "creators leaving"? Sites come and go with some degree of independence from the creators themselves. As for me, I pledge that as long as I live and breathe, the site will live on as long as we have funding. HAMTARO ADUN!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 06, 05:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad Gee I would just go there get what I need since the site is dying. Then, as far as creators, theres new creators popping up all over. I see new talent all the time! The problem is we have some in the community that are just psychotic and out to ruin the party! Katy this is the second time I know of her getting hurt by a site Sad.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Meganne
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 06, 06:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
The truth is, according to the polls, INTJs only polled as 20%, rather than the "majority" as Lorelei stated, but it's certainly and visibly a dominantly overrepresented faction.

Three years ago my (at the time) boss went in a "team building" frenzy and as consequence we had an external company linked to CAPT testing 56 individuals. Last year 48 of them were re-tested. Somehow 29 had changed type. Curiously enough 5 of them changed all 4 factors. That made me wonder about the reliability of the testing process and I started reading about the MBTI subject. To the best of my knowledge, Ms Briggs and her daughter had no academic or scientific background. In particular I seem to recall that the only degree of Ms Myers was a bachelor on political science, I didn't find any reference about any kind of degree obtained by Ms Briggs. Note that Jung's theory of psychological type, the base for the whole MBTI theory, isn't taken very seriously either by modern psychology. IMHO the MBTI is as good as physiognomy or other types of folk psychology if you just need a conversation subject but I wouldn't use it for any practical purpose. Furthermore I find very interesting that many of the self-declared Is in MATY express themselves quite a lot Smiley and don't seem to follow the "reflect first, act later" pattern associated with the Is.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08. Hiding.

Member of Cala's cult.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 06, 06:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Meganne"

Three years ago my (at the time) boss went in a "team building" frenzy and as consequence we had an external company linked to CAPT testing 56 individuals. Last year 48 of them were re-tested. Somehow 29 had changed type.

It's certainly possible that many people were near borderline to begin with. People don't naturally tend towards the extremes. It's also distinctly the case that a certain amount of test-taker bias exists, in which someone answers what they'd WISH to be instead of what they actually are. These people tend to have distinct self-loathing issues. I would imagine a good system would be for both you and some others who know you to take the test for you, and see how well the results correlate.

And many Is *DO* become more expressive...on the Internets, away from you know, actual people. It's easier to deal with people when you're not thinking of murdering them. And it is difficult to see how long someone has been reflecting when the only indication of life is when they post. If you put all these people together in an actual room, two things would happen: First, there would be this sudden, awkward silence. Then, more than half would proceed to pull out their axes and they would all kill each other until only a few remained.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 06, 08:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I prefer to have a one-man site.  No one can mess it up for me.  And I will never have to leave to get away from someone I have fallen out with Smiley

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 06, 08:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but then when a one-man site dies, it means someone takes their toys and goes home. Tongue

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 06, 10:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more than if they were uploading to a shared site and left the community.

...and I didn't take my toys anyway if that's what you're implying  :|

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 06, 12:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

I've gotten the opinion there are a lot of posers also, but it's also worth noting that the ones who stir the shit are the ones who aren't. The recent drama, for instance, apparently broke down nearly entirely along the T/F lines. Someone commented how sanity seemed to instantly return the moment those people had been run off, and that this was disturbing.

That's actually quite interesting.
The truth is, according to the polls, INTJs only polled as 20%, rather than the "majority" as Lorelei stated, but it's certainly and visibly a dominantly overrepresented faction.

That seems slightly more realistic. I automatically assumed she meant 51% or more, which was just laughable, all things considered. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, stay out of Retardo Land, the Fs hang out there. If you're seeing the issue as being primarily a visibly Retardo Land issue, this is because Retardo Land is the MATY ghetto where we boot all the Fs.

It was a combination of Retardo Land being what it is and the fact that the drama centered around certain posters. I'd feel differently if the in-fighting   involved some fairly amusing personal insults, but catmacros and the harping over a single typo in someone's post gets old a bit fast.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 06, 12:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better not talk to me, I'm an F. I will bite your head of first and THEN MAYBE think about it while chewing  :lol:

Inactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: