PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:37:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Save the Sims Community Forum
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save the Sims Community Forum  (Read 74748 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Save the Sims Community Forum
« Reply #45 on: 2007 August 24, 15:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that cracks me up the most is this insistence that we have "stolen" merchandise - how then do you explain the THOUSANDS* of dollars our donators have spent filling it up? Blood money? "Espenses"?

We SHARE files. We don't steal 'em.

*SimFreaks alone, we figured, costs close to $3000 to get everything...which we have, btw.

Isn't Greg the one who did that graphic accsing us of taking food out of the mouths of the poor chilluns? Crackpots, one and all.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 August 24, 15:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thank you for reminding me how much I really, really like Tarox. Smiley

This is what puzzles me.

A relative of mine had a problem with a contractor not performing according to contract. You could SEE that the contractor did not perform according to contract. You could see that certain terms in the contract were violated. This was in black and white ... no grayness whatsoever. The work was not only shoddy ... it made the building dangerous to operate a business in. (The work was performed on a business property.)

Yes, the relative filed a complaint with the BBB. That was easy. But to get her complaint resolved, she had to spend years and years of litigation and a WHOLE lot of money, even in 70's dollars (this happened back in the 70's) to get this done. Oh, and out of her own pocket. She wound up losing money, anyway. She did get enough back to hire another contractor to fix the problem, but couldn't touch the building for years.

This issue caused her family to live under the poverty limit for years as the costs drained their budget severely. The contractor counter-sued and threatened them with not only legal action, but with actual harm. In the meantime, she had no privacy. The papers recorded the court dates. She had to reveal sensitive financial data to prove her case. The business, of course, suffered. The family suffered.

Maybe that's why telling paysite owners "well, just file a complaint, and all will be well" business irks me. Filing a legal claim is not that easy at all. It is costly and will drain your emotional resources ... and that's even if the ICCC will act on their behalf, which it looks like it may not. And my relative actually HAD a solid case. This paysite case is not at all solid.

But what do I know, I guess?
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Re: Save the Sims Community Forum
« Reply #47 on: 2007 August 24, 15:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We know of at least one theft ring which by far exceeds the minimum amount to be guilty of felony crime, trafficking in stolen property that exceeds a million dollars.

OH I have never been a criminal before! I'm so excited! Can I get a pink or black prison uniform? Orange just does not suit my coloring.

Quote from: "calalily"
Looking at all the "Calalily fangirl" sigs - I will have a harem of prison bitches.  :lol: I will be lesbi-king of the prison. Calalily FTW!

I am afraid you are right. We shall all be lined up waiting for your affection.

Quote from: "Not-Apsalar"
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the sudden inexplicable urge to have a rum orgy?  Cheesy

RUM ORGY!

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
You are so right. I does sound an awful lot like Inge.

I'm not surprised at all. Inge was heading that way. She likes attention and we gave her none, so she flipped over to the other side.

Really though all of this just makes me shake my head and wonder about the sanity of people.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 August 24, 16:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nnah.......SEE...............Yeah, copp-ah.......you'll never take me alive, SEE

*Think James Cagney playing a gangster*

Well, mafia wise.........um....I MIGHT have Sicillian Mafia blood on my fathers side.......No shit.........and I do have IRA blood on my mothers side.......

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE SIM-FRIEND!

Lordy, those fuckers are past grasping at straws........

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 August 24, 16:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody thought to contact EA about that horseshit site? Whether to get thir opinion, or what have you?

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 August 24, 16:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

This is what puzzles me.

A relative of mine had a problem with a contractor not performing according to contract.

<snippety snip>

Maybe that's why telling paysite owners "well, just file a complaint, and all will be well" business irks me. Filing a legal claim is not that easy at all. It is costly and will drain your emotional resources ... and that's even if the ICCC will act on their behalf, which it looks like it may not. And my relative actually HAD a solid case. This paysite case is not at all solid.

But what do I know, I guess?

My thoughts exactly! And there were only 2 parties your this case, your relative and the contractor.

Even if the paysites had a solid case (which they don't), the problem would be where to sue Pes & co. In the US? Is Pescado even a US citizen? The server is in Malaysia. Which legislation system would be used in this case? Malaysian, US, or whichever country Pescado is residing?

Let's take TSR as an example: Even though TSR is based in Sweden, they cannot sue Pes under the Swedish juridical system, since the alleged crime did not happen in Sweden but in Malaysia. If Pes is an US citizen, they'd have to sue him in the US and probably in Malaysia too, to get the CC off the server.

I just do not see that happening.

And if they'd want to sue all the people who had downloaded from the booty or just those who have shared files... Well, good luck with that. :roll:

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 August 24, 16:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's Inge.  She's punctilious about her grammar and spelling, and there are mistakes in that first post, which is all I've read so far.  (Unless she's deliberately trying to throw people off). :wink:

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 August 24, 17:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read through all the posts and I must say I am not impressed.  
1) I mean, how anyone can take a site seriously when you post this as the first (and only as I didn’t see any others) rule:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/SaveTheSimsCommunity/index.php?showtopic=4

I really don’t care if this is supposed by funny or not.  “We are not amused.”

2) The fact that this is called a forum is laughable.  By definition a forum is a public meeting or assembly for open discussion.  I saw no open discussion, only one-sided rants, half-truths, misinterpretations.

3) Aside from all the misrepresentations I saw on the site, they should at least get their basic information straight concerning the IC3.  I saw comments like “I didn’t know this site existed,”  “it’s only been around a few months,” etc.  Well, if these pay site owners were all so gung-ho about their intellectual copyrights and had done any kind of research on the matter, they would have known that the Internet Fraud Complaint Center changed its name and scope to the Internet Crime Complaint Center in 2003.  It’s been around for years.

4) They had no problem with posting some financial information for MTS2, but how many of them would put their own information up for public display?  Oh, wait—see point 2 above.

Just my two cents.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 August 24, 17:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, you know no one.  Lol, that's right.  I went there and read that crazy crazy rant, and then went into the one forum http://z11.invisionfree.com/SaveTheSimsCommunity/index.php?showtopic=15 to look around that was all talking about what to do if you are approached by the "other side" or some equally ridiculous title.  

It had one of the offer letters, to help someone go free, and then underneath it their advice on how to handle it:

"I think it is important to politely respond to this type of "approach" but be more than careful about what information you give them. For it would be to easy for them, given enough information, to figure out what we are making." Shades of Silver

Heh.  How dare MTS2 not give them full and complete access to all of their finances!!  DONT GIVE THE PIRATES ANY ANSWERS ABOUT OUR CASH MONEYS!!!

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Rabbit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 August 24, 18:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pisses me off about this bunch of morons is how they claim they want to "Save the Sims Community" and then post a load of crap about Delphy being a pervert. Surely closing down MTS2 wouldn't help at all to save the community? :?
EDIT: Sory if someone already mentioned this, I'm really tired and only skimmed through the thread. :roll:
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 August 24, 18:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they think MTS2 is one of the free sites with a god complex?

Quote from: "MIKEY!!!"
And I don't want to get rid of all the free sites. There are lots of them who don't care what we, or even 100% pay sites do. It's just the ones who have a god-complex we need to put a halt to.

If anyone understand what he's talking about, please explain, since I sure as hell don't.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 August 24, 18:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge Jones wanted famous. It created FFSS. It only showed URL from free sides. No own work Cool . Now she hopes for still more admittingness with the Payfreaks
 :twisted:  Cheesy

Rabbit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 August 24, 18:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't realised anyone at MTS2 had a God complex. :shock: I think MIKEY (why is his name all in capitals?!) needs a lobotomy, quickly. Tongue
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 August 24, 18:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CapnJojoba"
Heh. So thats where you have been Inge...

In case any one is wondering, the Admin there who calls herself GreyGoose I strongly think is dear Inge...stuff she says in this thread http://z11.invisionfree.com/SaveTheSimsCommunity/index.php?showtopic=2 is also the same that she said at S2C.

:roll:

It doesn't sound like Inge to me. It's too blatant and confrontational. Also, I'm pretty sure she's made, or come close to making, some of the arguments that post attempts (and fails miserably) to refute. Also, "It's funny that those who complain about paysites have yet to pick up some modding tools and try to create items themselves" -- Inge's not that stupid. In fact, Inge's not stupid at all, whatever else she may be, and the poster is stupid with a level of stupidity only a greedy, rabid, whorish paysite owner could possibly reach.

The posting style does, however, seem familiar, like I've read it somewhere before but never bothered trying to communicate with the poster...

Hm. HChangeri?

Someone on there is definitely LyricLee, of course. The weird obsession with Delphy's purported sexual proclivities shows that much.

SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 August 24, 18:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roxelane, you are absolutely correct. Inge wants to be famous. The FFFSS was all about her, but when people weren't buying it, she wandered over to the Dark Side. When she was running the FFFSS she was full of animosity and bitterness toward NeptuneSuzy. Now they are BFFs. Go figure.

MIKEY!! is a moron. Simple as that.  (I picture him in his mom's basement, fat, greasy hair, eating pork rinds and drinking Dr. Pepper, typing away and looking at naked sims and beating off, late into the night.)

What all of them fail to realize is that if this site closed tomorrow, it would be no skin off of anyone's nose. We would go someplace else to talk, and the files would still be shared. On the other hand, if THEY had to close their sites tomorrow, they might be losing a source of tax-free income they have come to enjoy. Their threats have no weight behind them. Doofuses.

Still watching you guys
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: