PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:17:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154470 times)
boldenbeau
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #435 on: 2008 March 17, 18:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree with CJojoba. If a notice was posted on main site, would also provide the reassurance that’s needed as there is this uncertainty present. There’s Rds word and then there’s the opposition’s point of view which causes the confliction. Making it official would balance and elevate that confusion.     
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 18:24:16 by boldenbeau » Logged
Pavs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2008 March 17, 18:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not want to sound abrupt or offensive, maybe I got the post wrong, so im sorry for that, it seems this thread is getting out of hand, i miss sfv although there is an altenate site at the moment, maybe sfv will return maybe not, we will have to wait out and see, like I said if ive said anything untowards or offensive to anyone im sorry, I come on here when i can health permitting and sometimes miss the threads, lame excuse I know but its the truth,

hugs

pavs
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2008 March 17, 19:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, no-one here is angry or even irritated with SIH. If you're telling people to leave SIH allone, well, they're not bothering her in the first place. She obviously has better things to do. If SIH wants to keep her forum, even if it costs 100 bucks a month, then she should do that, no matter how inefficient and expensive it is. There's always willing members to help contribute, no matter if it can be run cheaper. However, people will have questions about it, have opinions about it, have reservations about it, and will have suggestions, will want to talk about it, and the way RDS has gone about things and waves any suggestions away with "will you stop whining about the forum! well we don't want that PERIOD, we don't like it here, the ONLY ones who need to know are the ones to contact me, you don't understand, etc" is what annoys people and makes them distrust what's happening here. It's kinda sad that by what RDS is doing, people don't want to donate. SIH herself is not the problem and I think people understand that.
If people say they don't want to donate because things can be handled alot better in their opinion, well tough. Just don't tell them they are stupid and heartless. That's all.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 19:54:44 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2008 March 17, 19:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to dig out the disk(s) and upload the content in lots of about 90Mb at a time to MediaFire sometime in this coming week and when it's done, I'll let you all know. So I don't clog the board here with it, send me a PM for the links and I'll be happy to oblige. I dn't think PMBD should get into the business of Sims 1, either, but I am aware that much of the content that was uploaded to the net is no longer available, so I'm glad to help folks get what they want. I got a lot of content from my sister, who downloaded some pay stuff like I said and she got some of it from secret file sharers, so I have no clue what is exclusive and what isn't. Also, once this project is loaded to Media Fire, feel free to share the links with others! Share nicely, kids!

As to the whole SFV thing, if RDS has any access to the page/sever what have you, she ought to put up a page stating briefly what is going on and asking for help so their users can get a sense of what is going on and not be left in the dark. It bites when your home forum goes down and you don't know why or even how you can help. I know that many people got irritated with the "you don't need to know, talking down to you," attitude that seemed to be displayed. I can understand not wanting your personal details splashed about but being as RDS seems to have been deputized to deal with the questions and such, she also should have been authorized to set up a back-up forum so the members didn't lose hope of it ever coming back.

Real life has the worst, absolute fucking worst habit of smacking you in the face and making you go around the block backwards at the worst of time, that's for sure. I empathize with SIH for what she's going through, I really do. Been there twice and the second was worse than the first, but that's not the issue. Thing is, if they want to get their site up and rolling again, things are going to have to be done and ways are going to have to be found. It's up to them to find them and also to let their people in on what in the hell is going on! If people are willing to be so loyal, they ought to be treated better. You don't leave friends in the dark.

You also shouldn't poke someone with a stick when they pluck up the balls to help keep your community together with a simple forum until you're able to get yours going again. Ferris did a very sweet thing, he/she set it up so all of the friends made at SFV wouldn't lose track of each other. That is loyalty to both SFV and the friends made, because without those people, SFV is nothing but a ghost. It's the users that make up a site, more than you realize. They are the ones that post, share and contribute to the success of what the site owner has. To receive you have to give, and when you give you will receive. I hope that makes sense.

Just be glad that there was someone willing to step into the gap and provide a place for the users of SFV to post and share thoughts and wait for you until this thing is resolved. They aren't trying to usurp anything, they're trying to keep touch with each other and nourish the friendships made at SFV. They're waiting for you, maybe a bit impatiently, but they're waiting. Please don't do anything that would cost you their loyalty. Ok, that's enough out of me and feel free to flame me if you want, it doesn't matter to me. I just spoke from my heart, like always. And I had the balls to post it, too.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 March 17, 19:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what happened to the new temporary board Ferris had up?

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 March 17, 20:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://sfvsmf.freesmfhosting.com/
I just noticed, it's gone again. Angry

Inactive
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 March 17, 20:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to dig out the disk(s) and upload the content in lots of about 90Mb at a time to MediaFire sometime in this coming week and when it's done, I'll let you all know. So I don't clog the board here with it, send me a PM for the links and I'll be happy to oblige. I dn't think PMBD should get into the business of Sims 1, either, but I am aware that much of the content that was uploaded to the net is no longer available, so I'm glad to help folks get what they want.

Is it possible to worship Paden more?  Grin Thank you for taking the time do to that! I think the temp board is down for service or something?  Tongue

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 March 17, 20:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to dig out the disk(s) and upload the content in lots of about 90Mb at a time to MediaFire sometime in this coming week and when it's done, I'll let you all know. So I don't clog the board here with it, send me a PM for the links and I'll be happy to oblige. I dn't think PMBD should get into the business of Sims 1, either, but I am aware that much of the content that was uploaded to the net is no longer available, so I'm glad to help folks get what they want.

Is it possible to worship Paden more?  Grin Thank you for taking the time do to that! I think the temp board is down for service or something?  Tongue

Yes, please fill in this form to sell your soul to the Paden Club and get a life time membership! ... For as long as it lasts.. Tongue

Inactive
boldenbeau
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 March 17, 20:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://sfvsmf.freesmfhosting.com/
I just noticed, it's gone again. Angry

Was gonna ask bout that too, thought maybe it was being updated.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 March 17, 20:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://freesmfhosting.com/ is down as well, so it might have to do with the hosting/service. I don't think we need to worry that this temporary site will stay down.

Ferris
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 March 17, 20:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't take it offline.
Since it's a completely free board and not my own server and software, I can't do anything about that.
There are more users having the same problem with their boards hosted by freesmf, seems as if they don't even know exactly what's going on themselves:

http://www.smfsupport.com/support/general_support/service_unavailable-t11679.0.html
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 March 17, 20:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, please fill in this form to sell your soul to the Paden Club and get a life time membership!

*waits patiently for form to fill out*

My first thought was that TomASS or Atwat had attacked the new forum.  Angry Cheesy (yea, paranoid much?) We should put that rumor out there though....
MOAR FIGHT.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Charlotte
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2008 March 17, 20:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope so, I was hoping that Ferris hadn't felt bad about putting it up and took it down.  I thought that everyone would be glad that Ferris had put something up, because, you know, I thought everyone just wanted to get the community back together.  But instead it seems to be frowned upon like no one wants it to be associated with SFV.  I'm sorry if what I'm saying is rather confusing but I'm trying to put this in a nice way ...

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: 2008 March 17, 20:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been here, i've just got nothing to add since i know nothing Sad

Ditto.  I only came to the SFV to step down really as a mod, since I can't seem to find the time anymore, and surprise it's gone again!  Pas hun, if you are around I like to get in contact with you!

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 March 17, 20:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Paden,I couldnt have said it better myself...now get out of my head and give me my thoughts back :)send that form my way I'll gladly fill it out Grin
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: