PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:25:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  SFV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SFV  (Read 154475 times)
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
Re: SFV
« Reply #405 on: 2008 March 17, 15:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, you know, we could MAKE a WCIF section, if we really wanted it. And it would have rum and cats.

Hehehe, so you could open a section that was called WCIFs but then there'd be a sticky that would say: "We don't do WCIFs! Read the FAQ, noob!"
And the noobs could post to their heart's content there, but nobody would answer.

*nods* I like it. I like this plan a lot. Smiley

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: 2008 March 17, 15:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah they would - all those people who help noobs already - ignoring the FAQ and rewarding bad behaviour.  They could be consigned to the equivalent of the fifth circle of Hell with all the l33t and IWANTyou to get me stuffs - could you package all the meshes and send them to me, servant?  That'll teach them for helping on a Pescadite phorum.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2008 March 17, 15:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in mortal fear for my soul, I agree with Pescado yet again.  Shocked

We are getting everyone anyway, why not a WCIF section? Or a post-links-to-stuff-not-available-in-the-booty section? Then we get rid of the retarded wcif posts that are so annoying in the rest of the phorum.

I don't think former members should care in the slightest about using the SFV name if they want to start up a forum again. I was never very active there, but there were a few things available there that I wanted. If Sims 1 people want to start a separate forum, they should.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: 2008 March 17, 15:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you can just continue to leave the area unfilled, and if it becomes demanded enough, I'll just open a file exchange block here, thus resolving the debate. I haven't done it because A: You already did, and B: it'd be extra work I don't need, but since if you don't care to do it anymore, I'm sure I can streamline the process quite nicely.

And, you know, we could MAKE a WCIF section, if we really wanted it. And it would have rum and cats.

My 2 cents worth, not that one would care, but I don't like the idea of a file sharing system like SVF here.

1)There is not scan to put the files through if the links are open like they are at SVF, thus more banning by sites like TSR.

2) We get watched more, and more shit happens and not in a good way. We get more stupid ass trolls and paysite owners who are fucking annoying.

3) I just see it becoming a mess and a half, cluster fuck extraordinair.

A WCIF would be Ok though, as long as you made someone a Mod to keep it cleaned out and organized.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Gelbarc
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 March 17, 15:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe, so you could open a section that was called WCIFs but then there'd be a sticky that would say: "We don't do WCIFs! Read the FAQ, noob!"
And the noobs could post to their heart's content there, but nobody would answer.

*giggle* belch Grin

The fish rots from the head down.
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 March 17, 15:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also vote for a WCIF section.  At least it would keep those who don't bother to lurk and read the FAQ before posting a place to put their requests rather than scattering them all over the rest of the forum.  I'd even *raises hand cautiously* volunteer to help organize it.  After all, for three years I dealt with people with the mentality of "Is my modem turned on?" while in an online technical support forum, so I developed the patience necessary to put up with the kind of questions we're likely to get. 

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2008 March 17, 15:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah they would - all those people who help noobs already - ignoring the FAQ and rewarding bad behaviour.  They could be consigned to the equivalent of the fifth circle of Hell with all the l33t and IWANTyou to get me stuffs - could you package all the meshes and send them to me, servant?  That'll teach them for helping on a Pescadite phorum.  Cheesy

I actually like helping with WCIFs on other forums since I have mad searching skillz and excellent memory... Or to be more exact, I did, until the WCIF forum I frequented got swamped by a new member who'd post about 20 WCiFs every day, and it was glaringly obvious s/he didn't bother looking for anything before posting a new WCIF.  Angry

I'm assuming the SFVers miss the community aspect of SFV, not the actual sharing since the PMBD forum is a much harsher place. I don't think starting a new sharing area would be an answer to that. However, I must admit I like the idea of sharing unavailable stuff (such as contest prizes and other exclusive things).

ETA: Headdesk: typos

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 March 17, 15:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the idea of a WCIF here that wouldn't jump on people but extreme patience would be required.  Cheesy We get some of the dumbest asses at SFV, asking for things even BEFORE they're released so......yea....... Roll Eyes The newbies are really hard to deal with sometimes.... Wink

But again, the main thing about SFV was the TS1 files that were available.  Grin

What happened to Sherry and Pas?

I'd love to know this.......and where is Pavs?  Huh

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
dasha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 March 17, 15:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to picture WCIF in regard to pirates, and right now, this is what I'm getting.

Person walks down the dock to the pirate ship, "Pardon me, good sirs and madams, but could you possibly tell me where to find..."

Pirate #1: Dance!

Person: I beg your pardon?

Pirate #2: Yar! Do a little dance, and then we be tellin ya where ta find what ye be lookin fer.

Person: Fine. *does a little dance* Now, where can I find...

Pirate #3: Don't forget the rum!

Pirate #1: Oh, aye! Ya gotta give us rum, too!

And so on...
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: 2008 March 17, 15:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's the format of the possible WCIF, I'll play.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 March 17, 15:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, if you want Sims 1 stuff, I have about four gigs of it burned onto a dvd. I've thought about uploading some stuff to MediaFire for those that want it. I don't know what's all in it, just stuff that I downloaded and used in my game, but probably has disappeared elsewhere. I dunno how much is borked, though, so it would be a "get it if you want it, don't blame me if it doesn't work," because some didn't work when I got it. Hell, I think there is some paystie sims 1 shit in there that my sister paid for before I screamed at her for it....

ETA: If we have a WCIF thing, that takes half the fun out of it... But, if they post it in the wrong place, that could be fun, too...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
euterpe
ARR!

Fresh cookies are always necessary!

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 March 17, 15:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't think we should go into the TS1 business.  But, like Paden, I've got at least 3-4 gigs of stuff on supplemental hard drives and CDs that I could donate to the cause.  But I think TS2 is enough without adding to the mix.

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Pavs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2008 March 17, 16:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the idea of a WCIF here that wouldn't jump on people but extreme patience would be required.  Cheesy We get some of the dumbest asses at SFV, asking for things even BEFORE they're released so......yea....... Roll Eyes The newbies are really hard to deal with sometimes.... Wink

But again, the main thing about SFV was the TS1 files that were available.  Grin

What happened to Sherry and Pas?

I'd love to know this.......and where is Pavs?  Huh

im about hun, still recovering from hospital stuff, but im about as much as i can lol, I miss all my friends to sweets, it so upsetting I think we should organise a chatroom somewhere lol that would be a great idea and i to would love to know if shez and pas are ok, on another note ive noticed this thread is getting out of hand RDS has tried to explain whats happening but some peopl are either heartless or dumb annoying SIH has problems in real life so for gods sake stop chuffing moaning about sfv being down, if it comes back it does if not there is always other solutions, sfv is not a place for grabbing stuff because your impatient, its a place were you make friends, have great chats be loved etc etc, so stop this moaning it wont do no good and for gods sake give RDS and SIH a break, have a chuffing heart enough said.

big hugs everyone

pavs & cheeky monkey
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 16:10:13 by Pavs » Logged
pas
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 March 17, 16:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been here, i've just got nothing to add since i know nothing Sad
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 March 17, 16:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, if you want Sims 1 stuff, I have about four gigs of it burned onto a dvd.
  Shocked Holy Shit, batman. Yea, if you wanna take the time to upload it, I'd love to grab that. I don't play TS1 anymore but there are really a ton of people at SFV who do. I enjoy being able to provide old stuff for them.  Grin

*waving to Pavs and Pas* Miss you guys.  Kiss

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: