PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:22:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Take a look at this!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 72423 times)
Flying Dutchman
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 14, 03:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting Josh, safe to assume TSR is getting more information than the rest of us or do you guys really stalk to EULA pages?  Tongue

Either way, regardless of the outcome, I'm glad we're getting some clarification...though I can see things like this happening and then still allowing filesharing...

jfade
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 14, 03:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Flying Dutchman"
Interesting Josh, safe to assume TSR is getting more information than the rest of us or do you guys really stalk to EULA pages?  Tongue

Either way, regardless of the outcome, I'm glad we're getting some clarification...though I can see things like this happening and then still allowing filesharing...

I have no idea how you know my first name, but OK. Tongue (I'm sure I know you from somewhere but the fact that most people have different nicks here makes it hard to tell.) Then again anyone who emails me gets a first name and everyone at N99 knows it so it's not exactly secret.

Someone at the Sims 2 Community thread that recently exploded in a flurry of activity posted that link saying it was the old EULA still this morning and I clicked it and it wasn't, so assuming that person is correct, it's changed. Smiley

I'm also assuming that it changed several hours ago given that it's 8:15 PM in California right now and I don't think that EAxis works that late. Smiley

I'm sure the file sharing will continue, but my assumption is that it will go more underground. Of course maybe that assumption is wrong. I don't really care either way. Smiley I'm just glad to have some bloody clarification.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 14, 03:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shakes head* if they're really going to put that one on everything then the community will be wrecked. Paysites (especially TSR) will find themselves a new position of power and, though I really really HATE it when people cry doom, I can think of a thousand ways they could harrass most free creators to either join their ranks or cease to share.

I'll wait and see for now, though.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 14, 03:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will say that it is interesting when you watch and see who's registering at PMBD to see what the reaction on our forum is.  I have seen some very interesting ones, same as at S2C.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Flying Dutchman
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 14, 03:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I do remember reading over that comment. I can cannot give you any clarification on this though, I was never assed to look at the fansite bits. However, it is a possibility it was changed...but it's also a large possibility that  the said person is an idiot.

Regardless of EA's stance on the paysite situation I really cannot see them ruling out filesharing publicly too...I mean it'll be frowned upon by those in the community but I'm sure this issue won't be touched until another multi-month debate in the community. Smiley

Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 14, 03:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pity; certainly now the whole non-commercial issue has dropped. I don't think this is good, but hey: their stuff, their decision.

I'll not pretend I like this, but I prefer in any case this further clarification instead of the usual fog.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 14, 03:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The word noncommercial was taken out here folks:
hxxx://thesims2.ea.com/community/approval_fansitekit.php

EA TOOLS END USER LICENSE

ELECTRONIC ARTS END USER LICENSE for The Sims™ Custom Content Tools

Electronic Arts Inc. ("EA") grants you a non- transferable non-exclusive license to download and/or install and use one copy of the software tool and related data (the "Software") for the sole purpose of creating content for use in EA's The Sims? family of games, in accordance with the terms below.

EA owns all of the right, title and interest in the Software. You may not alter any of EA's trademarks or logos, or alter or remove any of EA's trademark or copyright notices included in, or with, the Software. Your right to use Software is limited to the license grant above, and you may not otherwise copy, display, distribute, perform, publish, modify, create works from, or use any of the Software. Without limitation, you may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, license, transfer, distribute, or sell the Software. Your License is limited to the intellectual property rights in the Software and does not include any rights to other patents, trademarks, copyrights or other intellectual property owned or licensed by EA.

If you include content created with the Software on your website you must also post the following notice on your site on the same web page(s) where that content is located: "This site is not affiliated with or endorsed by Electronic Arts." You will not represent that your site is approved by or affiliated with EA or that any other content on your site is approved by or affiliated with EA.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. EA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

ANY USE YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS UNDERTAKEN BY YOU ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SOFTWARE WILL NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, NETWORK, OTHER SOFTWARE OR TECHNOLOGY.

EA WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THIS SOFTWARE. CUSTOMER SUPPORT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER INQUIRIES ABOUT THE SOFTWARE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL EA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS LICENSE EVEN IF EA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

EA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE, OR MODIFY THE SOFTWARE, AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT OBLIGATION TO ANYONE.

At EA's request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EA from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from any breach of this License by you and/or your use or misuse of the Software.

EA may make the Software available at its site(s) located in the United States and/or Canada and/or the European Union. You are solely responsible for knowing and complying with all federal, state, and local laws that may apply to your use of Software in your own locale. By downloading any Software, you warrant that you are not located in any country, or exporting the Software to any person or place, to which the United States and/or Canada and/or European Union or its member countries has embargoed goods.

EA may revoke or terminate this license at any time, for any reason or no reason, in its sole discretion. Upon termination, you must destroy the Software. This License is governed by United States Copyright and California law (without regard to conflicts or choice of law provisions), and is the entire agreement between EA and you regarding the Software

Please click "Accept" if you agree to the above terms, or "Decline" to discontinue. If you decline, you may not use the Software.

[ Agree ] - [ Decline ]

Creating Fansites
We love it when fans create personal websites devoted to The Sims 2, but any and all use of our assets is strictly subject to the terms of our Fansite and End User Tool License, without exception.

Im sorry if this was already posted, Im reading the thread at S2C.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Flying Dutchman
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 14, 03:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...yes, that's what the few posts before you have been discussing.  :wink:

MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #23 on: 2007 August 14, 03:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, folks.  I'm feeling much better now and back.  Sorry, I would have posted sooner, but once I saw the hype, I had to go check it all out before I posted.  And then I couldn't get on here.

Well it looks like EA is changing ALL their EULAs one at a time, folks.  Which actually doesn't surprise me.

From all the activity and posting I've been seeing on S2C and MTS2, and such, it looks like the other half of the community is in full denial.  Don't want to accept the truth...Oh well...I predicted as much...

Anyhoo...I don't suppose this means if I ask nicely y'all will take my files down off the booty?

MIKEY!!!
"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader."

IKEY!!!
~~So I don't have to repeat myself; I have issues with the means by which you folks make your point known, as well as try to pressure your wishes into being~~
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Take a look at this!
« Reply #24 on: 2007 August 14, 04:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MIKEY"

Anyhoo...I don't suppose this means if I ask nicely y'all will take my files down off the booty?

Nope, pretty sure it doesn't. Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 August 14, 04:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You will have to ask Pescado, Mikey.  He removes from the booty.  But, don't hold your breath.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #26 on: 2007 August 14, 04:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
You will have to ask Pescado, Mikey.  He removes from the booty.  But, don't hold your breath.

Well, no offense, but you know I have to now ask;

Doesn't that make the folks here not much more than 'thieves'?

MIKEY!!!
"We all have friends that won't let their pasts go. They always tell the same story about their life. 'Remember when I was six and...' And you have to stop them. 'Hey, hey, hey. I want you to know something. We're all really sorry that when you were in Troop 182, the scoutmaster rubbed your butt at the overnight jamboree. But what are you, like thirty now? It's time to climb down off the cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and GET OVER IT!"

IKEY!!!
~~So I don't have to repeat myself; I have issues with the means by which you folks make your point known, as well as try to pressure your wishes into being~~
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #27 on: 2007 August 14, 04:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mikey - I have had a sinus headache for 2 days now.  I don't have the patience for name calling.  PM Pescado.  I am not a thief.  I don't have files from the booty anyway.  I actually come here for the atmosphere.  

If the only reason you are coming here is to insult and to get your files removed, ask the dread pirate himself.  It is his site, and he makes the rules.  Period.

edit: Because I can't fucking spell   sheesh!

Flying Dutchman
Landlubber

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #28 on: 2007 August 14, 04:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mikey, EA spoke out for paysites...not against filesharing. Therefore, no stealing here.

MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
Take a look at this!
« Reply #29 on: 2007 August 14, 04:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Mikey - I have had a sinus headache for 2 days now.  I don't have the patience for name calling.  PM Pescado.  I am not a thief.  I don't have files from the booty anyway.  I actually come here for the atmosphere.  

If the only reason you are coming here is to insult and to get your files removed, ask the dread pirate himself.  It is his site, and he makes the rules.  Period.

edit: Because I can't fucking spell   sheesh!

AW, c'mon.  I thought you knew me better.  You are reading to literal and too personally.  Or maybe I should just post literally...anyway, in the hopes of sparing feelings that need not be affected;

Would that not make the folks running this site, the booty, and the folks downloading off of the booty naught more than thieves?

It's not name calling, it is the next logical question from my viewpoint, in the succession of questions to be asked...

Mikey, EA spoke out for paysites...not against filesharing. Therefore, no stealing here.

Gee, how did I know that was coming...

EDIT:  Because I can't fuckin' spell either!!!

MIKEY!!!

IKEY!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: