PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:29:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"  (Read 33934 times)
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
« Reply #60 on: 2007 August 04, 17:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this my last post
@yaardarm enough. is that ok for you how much do you? (i am not really interested) and what does this to do with subject anyway?
You all just dodge the questions i ask and keep on bashing cause you want it that way. I think  "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you." says it all. That's all this community is destroying another community namely TSR.
If you put the time and effort you put in destroying something into creating something this world would be a better place. Thats just my opinion.
And if you can't get the logic behind nobody force me to give you something and nobody force you give me something. I can't help.
I never made a big deal about why i am now on tsr nor did hide it behind something like the greater good.
kitkat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 August 04, 17:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why MTS2 never holds sets hostage?
The question on it's own is hilarious. You can't take something hostage that belongs to you. If i make a set i think i am entitle to choose which persons i want to share it with.

Shino mentions that MTS2 never hold sets hostage because you can't take hostage something that belongs to you.  Well, no of course they don't.  MTS2 recognizes that the sets posted at their site belong to the creators and the community they were created for.  That's the whole point - not only does TSR hold sets "hostage" but asking for money before you can access what they consider to be the "best" downloads, but they're well known for refusing to take down items when a creator leaves.  They are under the impression that once an object is uploaded, it now belongs to TSR.    You can't even begin to compare the attitudes of the two sites when it comes to custom content - they are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  And, I've got a feeling you understand this perfectly despite your arguments.

As for being entitled to share your creations with just the persons you wish to share it with - you've got a point.  You do have the right to share with who you wish.  When I bake a batch of cookies, I pass them out to my friends, family, or students.  I CHOOSE who to give them too - in real life.  When I write a fanfiction story on the other hand, and post it on the internet, I understand that I am choosing to share this with ANYONE in the world who has access to it.  And I'm well aware that I may run across it somewhere other than where I posted it - whether I want it there or not.  Because when you post something online, you've just shared it with everyone  - regardless of whatever obstacles you put in place to prevent that.  That's the nature of the online communitites that have developed thanks to the internet.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2007 August 04, 17:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shino"
ok this my last post
@yaardarm enough. is that ok for you how much do you? (i am not really interested) and what does this to do with subject anyway?
You all just dodge the questions i ask and keep on bashing cause you want it that way. I think  "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you." says it all. That's all this community is destroying another community namely TSR.
If you put the time and effort you put in destroying something into creating something this world would be a better place. Thats just my opinion.
And if you can't get the logic behind nobody force me to give you something and nobody force you give me something. I can't help.
I never made a big deal about why i am now on tsr nor did hide it behind something like the greater good.

I wasn't going to post on this thread but I have to now. NOBODY has bashed you. Nobody. You have come here expecting to be bashed and trying to make us flame you. You should be ashamed because you have hurt one of the nicest (although she won't admit it) people I have met on the internet. She loved your things and instead of appreciating it you slap her in the face by going pay. On top of that you try to make us feel bad by saying "But you guys didn't donate to me!!!" WELL YOU DIDN'T ASK. If you would have asked for donations to cover your site we would have all probably pitched in. And for your info, we are trying to make a better community. It's people like you that make this community worse. You are trying to blame us because you realize now that you fucked up. Don't blame us do like you just said don't hide behind anything. Don't blame us for your fuck up.

Note: That is AW signature. Her signature is meant to be funny not our motto.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 August 04, 18:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I advise that you sit back, munch some popcorn and relax, because now my blood is hot.

Greed. You arrogant little bint. WE are not the one selling a product that we have no right to sell. You would have a right to sell it if you had inked an employment contract with EA Games to create content for sale on the net. Have you? No. If anyone had, it would be spread all over the community like manure on a farm field. You are so full of shit that it's not hard to see that there will be no talking sense to a person like yourself.

You accuse of us of greed when you are the one trying to make money from a product that you do not own any rights to.
You have gone to a site that sucks the wallets of the unwary and offers nothing for the most part but unadulterated shit. Grow the fuck up. Clean the shit out of the cavity between your ears and just think for once with the brains that the Good gave you.

Don't even drag puberty into this, most of us here have more maturity in our little fingernails than you in your entire body. We know what it is to actually give back to those who want it. If you want something from the booty, it's there for you to take. You don't have to even register. We trust the downloaders and don't want to try and put a leash on who has what. How dare you?! Such stupidity as your normally suggests heavy drug usage sapping at what remain of your brain cells.

Many of us here give to free sites to help them support their bandwidth and server upgrades. Look at what happened with MTS 2 last week. Or are you bright enough to make sense of that? I'm having some trouble reconciling your attitude. You are becoming a pixel whore and you get angry with us because we believe that you are wrong? Damn. Someone needs to take an ethics/morals course, and it ain't us.

You accuse us of greed, which is one of the seven deadly sins. Hmmmm, I can think of some others of those that apply to you.
Greed applies to you because you wish to be paid for something you aren't entitled to because you don't work for EA Games. You want to rip off the community you claim to defend.

Pride is another, because you think you are worthy of being paid and that your pixels are top notch. News for ya, kid, they're not. Tried something of yours and my game barfed, and I have a powerful game computer.

Wrath is yet another because you seem pissed as hell that we called you on it. You don't like being scolded for doing something wrong because it makes you feel as if you were a child again, which again brings in that sin of pride.

Sloth is yet another because if you had any ambition at all, you'd be out doing something with your life instead of sitting at the computer making a set of pixels to sell and wondering just how much money you can bilk the public out of to get it.

You've got a good start on them but I have no clue as to lust, envy, or gluttony because I don't know your habits. Nor do I wish to. You speak from both sides of your mouth. You claim that you're part of the community but somehow I see you as a diary farmer overlooking a herd of cows. You want to see just how much you can milk out of them before they are disposed of. Sad. That you see your fellows as nothing more than a means to line your pockets. There's nothing wrong with doing commerce with your fellow humans, not at all. So long as you have the proper permits, tax forms and contracts. Got any of those? No? Then may I cordially invite you to go and fornicate with yourself? In plain words, go fuck yourself even sillier than you are.

Goddamn little teenybopper gum-chewing childish bitch, try to get all condescending to me... I'm not gonna sit still while someone who probably ought to still be in Junior High gets all snotty and haughty insults me and my friends, I don't think so. Little bitch signed a contract when she installed that game and now she's trying to default on it and make money for herself that she's not entitled to... someone needs to slap her and I would but shit splatters and I've just had a shower... grumble grumble grumble...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
FightingRose
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 August 04, 18:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok this my last post

TSR is largely destroying themselves. They do things that are seriously wrong, we merely point them out and go, wtf?

Since you seem to think that we've avoided all your questions, which if you go back and read most of the posts you can get the answers, I shall repost your actual questions and answer them for you or tell you where they were answered so you can go review said answers.

And you didn't answer the question we need to pay for the game to you know. The point is not that you have to give me money, it's why am i evil if i don't give you something?

You aren't evil. No one said that you were evil. It's 'evil' of you to assume that we must pay you for fan creations for a video game. It's a stupid idea really.

I want to know if there is more reason to your actions then just greed, jealousy and the i hate everything attitude that comes naturally with the puberty.

This was answered by myself and a few others on page three and four.

Those are the only questions that I can seem to find. Everything else was mostly assumptions and statements made by you. But if you have anything else you wish to ask, I'm sure someone will be happy to answer very quickly.

We're aren't hiding anything. We're doing exactly what was meant to be done with custom content: sharing it with the entire community. Not holding some hostage until someone pays for it. All of the items on the booty were paid for, so there was no stealing involved. And the idea of a 'greater good' is very idealogical. In a situation like this, there is a right and there is a wrong. The wrong is making people pay for content. The right is sharing it with everyone. There are no shades of gray in this situation, at least none that I can see. And now that I think about it, I fail to see how we're being greedy when many pay for these items, only to share them with everyone. Isn't that the complete opposite of being greedy?
shino
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 August 04, 18:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok sry i can't help it paden, but you so much effort in that i think you should get an reaction.
Finally you show your true face ^^ and i get what you think i wanted in the first place. Enteraining post way to go.
macfusty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 August 04, 18:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
I advise that you sit back, munch some popcorn and relax, because now my blood is hot.

Popcorn? Man, I went and grabbed a bag of chips and an ice tea. Paden, your posts are way beyond entertaining when your blood is hot. They're brilliant.  Cheesy
Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 August 04, 18:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shino,
I don't think you understand the way some of us feel.  I believe it is WRONG to charge for custom content for ANY game, be it Sims or any other game.  The only people that have a right to charge for game content are the game publishers themselves.  Almost no other 'community' that I know of tolerates this.
Many of those here feel the same.  There are several ways to 'deal' with people selling custom content.  One is simple peer pressure, or even shaming, in many 'communities' those work.  Here people PURCHASE the custom content, and then share it.  Granted, it may be in a legal 'grey area', but everyone here feels 'once I buy it, since it is not legal, I can share it'.
Another issue has been the quality of what has been paid for.  Simply put, if somethingis paid for, it should be higher quality then what is free.  Now I am NOT calling your stuff inferior quality, I don't have,  it is not the category of things I am interested in.  My point is, by going to a pay site, you are by association, condoning the practices of that particular site.  Such things as NOT supporting 'borked', or non-functioning, broken or even DANGEROUS items that people are PAYING for.  On many free stes, if an item is not working properly, the 'community' there will help get it working.  On TSR, the attitude is 'oh well, thanks for the $$$'.  On most free sites, the creators get feed back, suggestions and help, which leads to better quality items.  Complain on most paid sites, and you'll get ignored, or banned WITHOUT REFUND OF UNUSED SUBSCRIPTION!
As for the 'hostage' complaint, TSR is VERY guilty of this.  Let me put it to you this way.  Say a few months from now, you decide you want to leave TSR.  Guess what- everything you created while there, and maybe some of the stuff you created earlier but hosted there, will STAY there.  TSR will continue to make $$$ from YOUR work.  When peole leave other sites, usualy, if they want their stuff removed, it is.  Not at TSR.
TSR defends this with 'We paid them for it, it is ours to continue to sell, give away, whatever".  You see, it will no longer be yours.  Someone else will make money from YOUR work, YOUR creations, even if you don't want them to.  Don't tell me this is the same as creating something for a job.  The 'rule of thumb' used in many countries is:  if you use an employers tools, materials, a 'space' to create an item, they own it.  If you create using your OWN tools, equipment, ect, it is yours.  SO why won't TSR give it back?  Why, if you try to post it elsewhere do they try to have it removed?  That has happened on the Exchange several times.

From what I have read, the stuff on your site was well liked and respected.  You had many fans.  Fans who were puzzled by why you were going pay (and to some extent, why some stuff was both pay and free).  If you had responded differently, you simply would have had some puzzled and possibly dissapointed fans.  Now you have people who, because of your attitude, don't want your stuff EVEN IF IT WERE FREE.

Let me ask you this.  Why did you start creating and SHARING in the first place?  To make money?  Was your thoughts as worked and struggled with the first item 'I can get rich doing this'?  Or was it for a sense of accomplishment, the joy of 'I did it' when you were done?  The thrill that others actualy LIKED whay you were doing?  That is why most people do this, to create and SHARE.

To put it in a nushell, many around here feel betrayed.  Someone whose work they liked and RESPECTED has SOLD OUT[/b].
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2007 August 04, 18:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how is this a selfish and evil move from our side?

Because you said it yourself that it's selfish.

Yes we did go to TSR for selfish reasons

I mean you speak so low of the people the sims community is build on

No, we speak low of businesses - which are different from community.

The way i understand you everyone that donates something or subscribes to TSR is an idiot cause he could get it for free. I mean without people donating there would be no MTS2 for example.

Don't even put them in the same category - they're not.  Cause if you didn't notice, you can go there right now and download featured creations for free.

If you put the time and effort you put in destroying something into creating something this world would be a better place.

And if you put some more time into sharing and community, they'd actually stand behind you.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 August 04, 18:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My true face? You've got no idea of what my true face is. You wouldn't be able to handle what has made me who and what I am, so shut the hell up. I care about my fellow humans and don't like to see them hurt or ripped off. Especially Hecubus! She is one of the sweetest, most honest and honourable people I know. The same goes for armywife, HideTheRum, RedLove, HP, Captain Jojoba, kierra and many others on this forum! I've met people here that make me daily glad that I didn't die when I had the fucking chance, that I stepped back from what I was doing. Fuck you. Stupid little snot. I've known people who get ripped off from the various paysites, and their shit broke games and all the creators would say was. "ooops, not my fault. You can't have a refund." What kind of shit is that? I feel sorry for you, I really do. I respect the good creators. You are not one of them. If I had a way to donate to keep those free sites going, I would. I won't get a credit card because of what can be done with them. The debts that can be incurred. I do my donating by money order and snail mail. And it is to free sites. So, feck off. You have no clue as to what I do with my time, the people I help or the life I lead. Don't even presume to think that you've seen my true face. My father's first wife taught him to show one face to the world, one face to family, one to friends, and one for himself alone. He taught me the same, but for the most part, I show who I am with every breath I take, unless someone as yourself comes around and then you will never know who I am. I stand up for my friends and what is right against someone like you, who only sees the gleam of profits to be made and to hell with the morality. Why don't you just stand on a street corner and sell yourself like any other whore, be it virtual reality or life-time reality. No one has the right to profit from this game except for EA Games. Which part of this do you refuse to get through your head? Do you think that just because you buy the EPs that you have to try to get the cost back from the public? We aren't tearing apart this community. We are giving back in the best way possible. We buy the sets, we then post them for free. That is charity, which I see that you will never understand. Until it sinks into your head that what people like you are doing is wrong, we'll be here. No other gaming community stands for selling mods for the games they play. Why should this one? Why should we put up with something that encourages elitism and one-ups-manship? If I want that game, I'll go to a fucking class reunion and I've avoided those for 24 years. I don't need them. I know who I am as a person and those people don't fit into it. Nor do you. But attack me, saying that now I should true colours, and you are gonna get your ass ripped so bad you're gonna be shitting in tandem with yourself. You want to make the world a better place? Then try giving something back instead of taking. We PAY for every set. Then WE, not you, GIVE it away. We paid for it, it's ours, we do as we will with it. Once you've been paid, you lose any say over what happens to it because you lose that right once the deal has been transacted and the money forked over. Stupid little twerp. Twerp, not twat. Although, if you become obnoxious enough, you could be made into a different catagory than Tuetonic, I suppose... Grow up. And I didn't start out my replies to you with flaming, you didn't merit it. But when you come back and try to hide under a bridge like the troll you seem to be becoming, then I'm gonna play billy goat gruff with your silly ass and knock you into the deepest ditch I can find! You've made your position clear and that you won't see sense and back down. We've got the high ground on this one and we're not giving up. Not until people like you are taken down or EA give a clear and non-bullshit statement coming down on the side of you people. Maybe, not even then... At least their content comes with an assurance that your game won't crash from using it. Does yours? More like yours should come with one saying that it will fuck you over from here to damnation.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2007 August 04, 19:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bravo, Paden.
Shino, I have to comment.

The only example other than the Sims I can come up with is with movies.

Let's say that I go out and buy 300. *which I did last night. good movie, btw.*
Now let's say I allow my mother to borrow and watch it.
That's okay. It's legal.
BUT, let's say I decide to show the movie in my home, but CHARGE people to come and watch it.
That's ILLEGAL, because I am making money off it.

Same with Sims.
You make something and allow it to be freely shared. It's gets passed down from person to person to enjoy.
That's legal.
You make something that you decide must be paid for. You create a set and say...charge even $1.
That's illegal, because you are making money off of it.

It's the same thing. Just different formats of entertainment.

Okay, another scenario.

I paint. So let's say I paint a beautiful picture. *ego boost..lol*
I show this picture in my home. Lots of people love the painting and like to come see it and others.
I get fans of my work.
BUT, if I start charging people for the pleasure of viewing it, I will lose fans.
Not only because I have changed it from free to pay, but ALSO because of the simple fact that I would dissapoint them.
And when you dissapoint a fan, you tend to lose them forever.
Morally, what I did would have been wrong, because it was greedy and selfish.
Morally what YOU did was wrong because it's the same thing and you just threw away admiration from tons of people, so you could have your TSR 'incentives".

So either way you look at it, you're wrong. Plain and simple.
You were never supposed to have started making money off these items in the first place because it's illegal.
And even if it wasn't, you were wrong for forgetting that without your fans, who the hell is going to want your crap anyways??

I hope you can see the sense in what I am saying here. Sometimes what sounds right to me makes no sense to others. But I really want you to get something out of this.
It's sad that the world has come down to money and fame. When all that is really important, freindship, sharing and love...is trampled down into nothing and called piracy.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2007 August 04, 19:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone ever looked up the "About me" at TSR?
And looked at the nationality of "Shino" ?

He is German  :shock:

You know that qualifies him for a well known club  :lol:

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 August 04, 19:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say we call him and Teko the "Pissy Peenors" cause they don't have vaginas.  Cheesy <I'm smart huh?  :? Please say yes.

Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 August 04, 19:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
I say we call him and Teko the "Pissy Peenors" cause they don't have vaginas.  Cheesy <I'm smart huh?  :? Please say yes.

I guess you could still technicaly use 'twat'- here, according to what I found online...

"The noun twat has 2 meanings:

Meaning #1: a man who is a stupid fool
  Synonyms: fathead, goof, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany

Meaning #2: obscene terms for female genitals"

OR

"Although it can also refer to the female genitalia, the word is used as a more general term in various ways:

>A fool, synonymous with the word twit - 'You are a real twat and a half'
>One who behaves in a childish, extroverted manner to the annoyance of others - 'He can be an annoying twat sometimes'
>To hit something (or someone) really hard or violently - 'I twatted him one'
>To become drunk or otherwise intoxicated - 'Let's get twatted'
>Also used in reference to annoyances - 'I hate going to work, it's a twat'

(Sorry, but the above 'I twatted him one' just  souds SO wrong...)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2007 August 04, 19:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol:

Somebody needs to twat the twats because they seem too twatted to realize that they are real twit twats.  :shock: Wow.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: