PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:14:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"  (Read 33966 times)
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Shino&KCR, or "wait.....what?"
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 03, 18:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "shino"
hi i'm the admin of simskitchen.
I just wanted to make a statement on why are now on TSR and why we kept our site on. You pay special attention to the word kept cause if you think that it is unfair to give them out for free we just stop it.
Why we did go to TSR?
After we opened our site (simskitchen) i was stunned by amount of downloads we got. Up until today we have 105959 downloads of sets and 56416 hits. We wanted to make a free site with freewill donation. I thought it whould at least pay for the Server costs which aren't that high. I thought their whould be at least 0.1 % of the people willing to support us, but guess how many donations we got up until now 2!!!!!(and they were both friends of us) out of about 10000 people thought they should support us keeping our site free.
So see it from our perspective we work our ass of to get those sets done and now you think we should pay money on top of that so you can enjoy our work. sry but i don't think so.
TSR has many members and hosts us for free and gives us nice incentives on top of that, why should we not accept that offer?
We wanted to keep our freesite up forever and make even updates for it.
I don't think that is unfair, but since you think it is i will take the site offline today.
And again thx to your post we decided to put the site offline.

Perfect example of the Simbella attitude at work! With that attitude I'm not surprised you got only "2" donations. I do have to say, though, that it's nice to hear you openly say that you're doing it for the "incentives".

Oh, and I don't enjoy your work. It's high poly and badly textured. I dumped it right after seeing it in game. So, take heart - you'll fit right in at TSR.

(Don't mistake this for a flame - I'm sure others will oblige though.)

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 03, 18:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the original poster was bitching about it, either...just was confused.  It's odd to have an item for pay on one site and have it for free on the other.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 03, 18:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no we had an agreement with TSR. About keeping our old sets up on our freesite.
ps: let the flaming begin i want to see something

Don't believe that for a second.

And I couldn't give a shit if you go pay - never heard of your site, not really interested.  You'll have to flame yourself I'm afraid.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 03, 18:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably all a ploy to get PMBD to provide her bandwidth. And the drama is a marketing stunt. Is it in the booty yet?  :lol:

Still watching you guys
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 03, 18:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that Hecubus was very sad that one of her fav creator goes pay now. I think she won't be anymore after that post, Shino. A good way to get rid of your fans, indeed.

I only wait for the moment when those creators that follow the call of the money stop blaming us, but realize they are responsible for their actions alone.

Sometimes I feel like a kindergarten teacher, lots of crying children with broken toys, and of cause NONE of them was responsible himself

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 03, 18:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Hecubus! I am going to get her a card with a fluffy bunny on it!! Why do bad things happen to good people??? Why?!! It just isn't fair!! Let's all give her hugs to make her feel better. The mean people (formerly) at Simskitchen ought to be ashamed of themselves!!

Here, Hecubus!
http://www.hallmark.com/ECardWeb/ECV.jsp?a=5707192531600M212190666Y&product_id=

Still watching you guys
Shotgun Mary
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 03, 18:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did anyone else notice how quickly this got around, that we had taken notice of the situation? shino was johnny on the spot with a registration and *his/her* side of the story. i don't think there was an agreement to keep the freesite up. i think that the TSR spies got wind of the thread, hit Shino up for an explanation as to why their newly acquired content was up for free and he/she/it came running over here to bitch. someone was wanting to eat their cake and have it too.

lways remember: Do not meddle in the business of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup.
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 03, 19:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 will host ya for free and no one has to pay for it.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 August 03, 19:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know shino but do know about KCRose and she is very nice and makes things that peoples request alot.  there is no mean bone in her body but people accusing them of just wanting money could make them not understand or want to see what we are trying to do
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 August 03, 20:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "karu"
I don't know shino but do know about KCRose and she is very nice and makes things that peoples request alot.  there is no mean bone in her body but people accusing them of just wanting money could make them not understand or want to see what we are trying to do

Well, my mama told me that "actions speak louder than words."

Still watching you guys
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2007 August 03, 20:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't heard of your site before.  However, if you would have just let us know that you wanted to stay a free site, we would have helped.  We have on many occassions.  If this is your choice, so be it.  I won't flame you, as I don't care.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 August 03, 20:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi i'm the admin of simskitchen.
I just wanted to make a statement on why are now on TSR and why we kept our site on. You pay special attention to the word kept cause if you think that it is unfair to give them out for free we just stop it.
Why we did go to TSR?
After we opened our site (simskitchen) i was stunned by amount of downloads we got. Up until today we have 105959 downloads of sets and 56416 hits. We wanted to make a free site with freewill donation. I thought it whould at least pay for the Server costs which aren't that high. I thought their whould be at least 0.1 % of the people willing to support us, but guess how many donations we got up until now 2!!!!!(and they were both friends of us) out of about 10000 people thought they should support us keeping our site free.
So see it from our perspective we work our ass of to get those sets done and now you think we should pay money on top of that so you can enjoy our work. sry but i don't think so.
TSR has many members and hosts us for free and gives us nice incentives on top of that, why should we not accept that offer?
We wanted to keep our freesite up forever and make even updates for it.
I don't think that is unfair, but since you think it is i will take the site offline today.

To flame or not to flame, that is the question...

Since I am off on holiday soon and would really not enjoy it if I could not respond anymore for a while, I shall be nice I suppose. I think your reasons for taking you free site down are about the lamest excuses that one could give. You were going to do it anyway. It is a pattern with freesites that go to TSR. The leave the site up for a while, maybe not update as much and either they go down or they just sit. Hecubus was not complaining, she was confused because the same sets evidently were up for free on your site, and for pay on TSR. You however came over here whining, and we don't like whining. If I had more time, I would go further.  Have a great time at T$R.

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 August 03, 20:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will say this before they really got their site going they uploaded a lot of this onto MTS2, and got high visability because of Loverats, and Amthests great recolors.  So they went over to TSR, and this was no surprise that everyone would want their dishes and silverware for their stores and all being that they were free downloads. Aikea Guinea, Shannanigan, KC& Shino, Simtomatic are just a few of the FA that got their start and learned everything from the MTS2 community, then jumped on the TSR bandwagon. nothing new.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 August 03, 20:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to agree with Karu here. KCR is a very sweet person and I hope that we have not hurt her feelings simply by speculating aloud. Also, KCR uploaded many of her sets on MTS2 before, so she was well aware of that option.

I'm glad that you at least admit the reason for moving to TSR, i.e. the money. To my understanding, it is possible to move to TSR and keep your things free if you stay a SA. If your main motivation for moving there had been keeping your creations available to all community members, you would have been content with your SA status.

Also, there are several websites, such as wicked sims that offer free hosting for sims sites that have problems with bandwith/funding.

None of us flamed you, we were only speculating about the logic behind your decision. Now, having your files exclusively on TSR will generate  more downloads for you, and thus, also generate more money. You are entitled to make that decision, but to blame it on us "Oh, we're now exclusively on TSR, because of evil pirates" is just lame and childish.

Having read your post it is obvious you only wanted an excuse and found it here. I'm saddened by your decision, but I cannot say that I am surprised by it. Turning all your files into exclusive pay files does nothing for the community that helped you with free tutorials and help from other creators when you started meshing. But judging by your post, it is obvious that the community doesn't mean anything to you.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 August 03, 20:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sense of entitlement that make everyone decide to go pay is despicable and it makes me sick.

I would personally love to have the talent to make anything for the sims and if I had even 10 downloads I would be exalted and consider it worth it.

And here you are, whining about payment for your time and going to the worst site available.

I loathe you.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: