PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:14:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 80830 times)
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« on: 2007 July 22, 16:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A MESSAGE FROM:

Pimp my Sims.com is gone (for a while)
Hi everyone,

as some of you may know, there is a controvers discussion in the Sims 2 community, wether EA does tolerate pay content (or donation, as it is called most times) or not. Some pirate pages have been active for some time, distributing pay site content for free.

Pimp my Sims.com did not take part in this discussion, as I (to be true) do not care a shit (sorry for this language, but it's the only word, that fits to it) about it. I still think, nobody is forced to buy pay content and if you do not like to buy it, just browse to a free site and get tons of content, that is at least at good as the pay sets of some donation sites. But i do also understand people, that are annoyed by 3rd class content, which is sold for lots of bucks.

So why do we close Pimp my Sims.com, if we do not offer pay content and if everything is free to download for everyone? As I get more and more pissed about the attitude of some people, which do not fight against pay sites anymore, but tend to broaden their fight against all creators, that DARE to DEMAND something.

If some of you guys (a really small minority, as I really like our visitors and the positive feedback is really great!) think, that I am a egomaniac asshole, which has nothing in his life which is worth a damn shit, and therefore has to push his ego and sick brain by running this site, asking for credits or enjoying positive feedback, there has something gone damned wrong.

THIS does destroy a community, NOT a pay content site which nobody needs. This attitude of "F*ck you, I do not care, if you would like to have anything back, I just do, whatever I like to", that you should really consider, if The Sims 2 and our FREE content is right for you.

I do not expect you guys to worship any creator, I do not expect anybody to adore our creations, I do not expect to be a god or hero, but I DO EXPECT SOME RESPECT! It takes lots and lots of time to create content, run a site like Pimp my Sims.com, answer mails etc. etc. AND IT COSTS MONEY!

And i do REALLY hate, if those guys tell me, EA owns everything and therefore, they (those people, not EA) can do with our content, whatever they would like to. I am NOT a LAWYER, but I am a human being, that ASKS FOR RESPECT! So if you do think, that EA owns everything, this does not mean, that you have to kick my ass at every opportunity! We do grant you guys lots of rights to work with our content, so YOU should RESPECT this!

So why do I do this? As I ENJOY, if YOU ENJOY our content. And I enjoy, if 10k visitors per day browse Pimp my Sims.com. YES, that is some kind of satisfaction for me, but I do not think, anybody has the right to condemn me for that!.

Here is a short summary of our Terms of use:

You are allowed to use all of our content for your houses
You are allowed to use all of our content for sims
We ask for credits, if you use our content (no money, no worshipping, just "content by PmS used, check them out here).
Is this really that exorbitant? Do we ask for impossible things? Is anybody really forced to sell his soul to use our stuff? I do not think so, but if I do read the postings of some people, it seems to be so.

To repeat this:

ALL OFF OUR STUFF IS FREE!
MOST Of OUR STUFF IS HIGH QUALITY!
LOTS OF PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE PIMP MY SIMS.COM
So I do just ASK FOR SOME RESPECT! If you would like to use our content, give credits. And do not tell me to be sick in mind or an egomaniac asshole creator, which is forcing poor users to worship him like a god. I DID NEVER and WILL NEVER do so, so if you think, i am, just leave and never come back.

I wish you all the best and if you got the time, please think about it.

AND AGAIN: I think, 99.5% of you guys are really great people. But I am not willing anymore to accept "I take what I want, no matter, what someone is asking for" mentality.

Please excuse any misspellings etc., as I am no native speaker and I am not in the mood to double check every word in this text.

Kind regards

Solander
Webmaster Pimp my Sims.com

Pimp my Sims.com will be back on Wednesday, the 25th of July.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 22, 16:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:/  I know none of us would demand something from him, since he's a free site, but I know there are others out there that just demand stuff....and his views on paysites and whatnot are irrelevant to me as he's free but this is what we don't want.  We don't want free sites to eventually close (I know he's taking a break and whatnot)

But I must say drama in this community is neverending, it's better than any soup ever made.

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 22, 16:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch, I think my brain died :? Anyone else going 'wha?' after reading this?

So...she/he hates people having a go at paysites, she/he doesn't run a paysite but has costs, but is still taking her/his toys and running?

Or is my brain now so mushy after reading that I'm all confused? :?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 22, 16:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's running but coming back.  He just wants some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  I just have this feeling that he was planning on doing a redesign of the site and it was gonna go offline for a while anyways and used this as an opportunity to spout.

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 22, 16:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry. Didn't Kate at Parsimonious address this WITHOUT taking her toys and going home?

I'm not sure why he lumped the anti-paysite movement into the whiners movement...we clearly don't support that sort of thing.

Alas.

At least he'll be back.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 22, 16:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my opinion, for what it is worth:

Paysites - Destroy them all - don't harrass, pirates are too cool and smooth for that, we plunder and take the goods

Freesites - In order for these sites to feel more comfortable or accepting of paysite destruction, we need to leave them be.  No nasty remarks or cutting down, no posting shit in their guestbooks other than "thanks".  If you don't like something - hey - don't download it or use it.  Simple.  I also think we need to make sure to thank the freesites we visit frequently and download their items.  Thanking a creator is a matter of courtesy and is much better than exchanging money.  I now sign guestbooks with Armywife, PMBD Member so that I am not hiding and also that they see we are "the good kind of evil".  You are not required to thank anyone, but you are also not required to be a shithead and be insulting.  

There are a select few in the community at large who just like stirring up drama because they lack having a life.  Just my thoughts/opinion for what it is worth.

EDIT: I only posted this because it did reference paysite/anti-paysite

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 22, 16:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever been there before - too realistic for my tastes.

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
I just have this feeling that he was planning on doing a redesign of the site and it was gonna go offline for a while anyways and used this as an opportunity to spout.

Yeah, cause I don't know what the hell this has to do with paysites - but you know, we're all behind the all the evil in the world somewhere.  :wink:  Just today I made sure to rip out the last 20 pages of every mystery including Harry Potter - just to cause mischief for my master - Pescado AKA Satan.

The real question is - what have you done for evil today?  Paysites are our acclaimed target, but we all know the evil plans hatched here - for everything.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 22, 16:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
A MESSAGE FROM:

Pimp my Sims.com is gone (for a while)
Hi everyone,

as some of you may know, there is a controvers discussion in the Sims 2 community, wether EA does tolerate pay content (or donation, as it is called most times) or not. Some pirate pages have been active for some time, distributing pay site content for free.

Pimp my Sims.com did not take part in this discussion, as I (to be true) do not care a shit (sorry for this language, but it's the only word, that fits to it) about it. I still think, nobody is forced to buy pay content and if you do not like to buy it, just browse to a free site and get tons of content, that is at least at good as the pay sets of some donation sites. But i do also understand people, that are annoyed by 3rd class content, which is sold for lots of bucks.

So why do we close Pimp my Sims.com, if we do not offer pay content and if everything is free to download for everyone? As I get more and more pissed about the attitude of some people, which do not fight against pay sites anymore, but tend to broaden their fight against all creators, that DARE to DEMAND something.

If some of you guys (a really small minority, as I really like our visitors and the positive feedback is really great!) think, that I am a egomaniac asshole, which has nothing in his life which is worth a damn shit, and therefore has to push his ego and sick brain by running this site, asking for credits or enjoying positive feedback, there has something gone damned wrong.

THIS does destroy a community, NOT a pay content site which nobody needs. This attitude of "F*ck you, I do not care, if you would like to have anything back, I just do, whatever I like to", that you should really consider, if The Sims 2 and our FREE content is right for you.

I do not expect you guys to worship any creator, I do not expect anybody to adore our creations, I do not expect to be a god or hero, but I DO EXPECT SOME RESPECT! It takes lots and lots of time to create content, run a site like Pimp my Sims.com, answer mails etc. etc. AND IT COSTS MONEY!

And i do REALLY hate, if those guys tell me, EA owns everything and therefore, they (those people, not EA) can do with our content, whatever they would like to. I am NOT a LAWYER, but I am a human being, that ASKS FOR RESPECT! So if you do think, that EA owns everything, this does not mean, that you have to kick my ass at every opportunity! We do grant you guys lots of rights to work with our content, so YOU should RESPECT this!

So why do I do this? As I ENJOY, if YOU ENJOY our content. And I enjoy, if 10k visitors per day browse Pimp my Sims.com. YES, that is some kind of satisfaction for me, but I do not think, anybody has the right to condemn me for that!.

Here is a short summary of our Terms of use:

You are allowed to use all of our content for your houses
You are allowed to use all of our content for sims
We ask for credits, if you use our content (no money, no worshipping, just "content by PmS used, check them out here).
Is this really that exorbitant? Do we ask for impossible things? Is anybody really forced to sell his soul to use our stuff? I do not think so, but if I do read the postings of some people, it seems to be so.

To repeat this:

ALL OFF OUR STUFF IS FREE!
MOST Of OUR STUFF IS HIGH QUALITY!
LOTS OF PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE PIMP MY SIMS.COM
So I do just ASK FOR SOME RESPECT! If you would like to use our content, give credits. And do not tell me to be sick in mind or an egomaniac asshole creator, which is forcing poor users to worship him like a god. I DID NEVER and WILL NEVER do so, so if you think, i am, just leave and never come back.

I wish you all the best and if you got the time, please think about it.

AND AGAIN: I think, 99.5% of you guys are really great people. But I am not willing anymore to accept "I take what I want, no matter, what someone is asking for" mentality.

Please excuse any misspellings etc., as I am no native speaker and I am not in the mood to double check every word in this text.

Kind regards

Solander
Webmaster Pimp my Sims.com

Pimp my Sims.com will be back on Wednesday, the 25th of July.

it is psychological war guidance against the Piraten and against people, which accept the rights EAs.

AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 22, 16:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anyerfillag"
Ouch, I think my brain died :? Anyone else going 'wha?' after reading this?

So...she/he hates people having a go at paysites, she/he doesn't run a paysite but has costs, but is still taking her/his toys and running?

Or is my brain now so mushy after reading that I'm all confused? :?

You're not the only one.  My brain hurts now.

I agree that we should let the free sites alone, and even thank them for their content.  I am very grateful to them for sharing their creations 100% free.  However, I find it annoying that someone else is crying "OMG I put so much work into this - I should get to decide where it goes dammit!  Respect meeeeee!"  It's a fucking hobby, for crying out loud.  If you don't enjoy doing it, ffs, then simply stop.  Yes, it may take time, patience and a whole lot of talent, but that does not take away from the fact that EA does in fact govern what can and cannot be done with what ultimately becomes their property.

Also I can't speak for anyone else, but I've personally never harrassed anyone.. not a paysite.. not a free site.  I simply do not support paysites, and I am all for collecting their creations and distributing them for free.

*Goes off to find some rum*

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 22, 17:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he just wants some attention. Or maybe he was planning to go pay sometime in the future. Who knows. I honestly don't care.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 22, 17:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to be clear - since several people are now talking about this pirating of free sites issue.

WE DO NOT PIRATE FREE SITES. We ONLY have pay items in the booty. If there's a free item in there, it is in error OR it is on a pay rotation (see TSR).

It makes me wonder if someone else...DLMuslow, perhaps...has done some freesite stealing in the name of 'piracy'...and has given the rest of us a bad name.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 22, 17:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is only the attempt to rush the user against the Piraten. there is transparent lies, it is war

AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 22, 17:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I just want to be clear - since several people are now talking about this pirating of free sites issue.

WE DO NOT PIRATE FREE SITES. We ONLY have pay items in the booty. If there's a free item in there, it is in error OR it is on a pay rotation (see TSR).

It makes me wonder if someone else...DLMuslow, perhaps...has done some freesite stealing in the name of 'piracy'...and has given the rest of us a bad name.

*Nods*  That is very clear to me and has been from day one, and I'm new here. Smiley  Some of the people complaining about pirates should seriously take the time to come here and do some reading.

I was, more or less, referring to people who leave nasty messages in guestbooks, etc.  I know that kind of activity is not encouraged or condoned here, which is one of the reasons I chose to be a part of this site.  You all do it the right way.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Clementyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 22, 17:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont get much of what Solander said.  I'm assuming someone didn't credit them or something similar, because I don't really see what else could have happened.  Their TOS allows uploading with lots, etc.  So that can't be the problem.  And if he doesn't "care a shit", then why is he getting involved?  And if it is such a "real minority", and he is so pissed about the community being destroyed, then why is he adding to the destruction and closing his very popular site for awhile.  I lose respect for people who feel the need to take the toys away and sit us in a corner for awhile.  Ugh.  It's sad that free creators are being tormented, but they shouldn't let a few 12 year olds get to them so much.  
I wish he would have given more details.

url=http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/index.php?pid=Exchange]EA's Official Stance on Sharing Pay Files![/url]
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
A Sim In Time: Purtiful Sims For You
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 22, 17:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Clementyne"

I wish he would have given more details.

Same here. Like most others, I'm still unsure what the hell he's ranting about. He typed alot but didn't say much.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: