PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:02:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 89297 times)
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #195 on: 2007 July 24, 07:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Kalliope"

You do nat understand what you are doing with that pirate thing.
You are taking pay creators work, put it on your server to get downloaded. Is that ok in anyway?
You are insulting those people.

Before Pescado said that -  in order of your questions: yes we do, that's exactly it, hell yeah and that's the plan!  :mrgreen:

(Note that by 'those people' I meant payscum -- in case you slither back and twist my words as if I dissed all CC creators, since you slimy apologists love to employ this tactics)

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #196 on: 2007 July 24, 07:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Gwendolyne, I think it's my decision to choose a nickname. Maybe Magenta was already taken. Darling, make use of your brain...

Oh, Magenta, I DID use my brain. That is why I know who you am.

And I DO feel offended if YOU call me darling!  :evil:

Und Teutonic Twat paßt immer, auch auf Männer, Österreicherinnen und Schweizer und Halbdeutsche Cheesy . Wer sich angesprochen fühlt, wird schon wissen warum!

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #197 on: 2007 July 24, 09:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, so much hatred and flame...

Magenta, I don't understand why you came here in the first place. We don't hurt any free site creator. If you look through all the threads, there is just respect for creators of free sites. Ok, every now and then there's someone who doesn't understand that we want to help free sites, but he will be taught soon...

Yes, PMBD is about sharing the payfiles, and JUST the payfiles. As soon as a site goes free, the former payfiles will be removed. If they are unavailable then, they'll find their way to the graveyard... If the paysite creaturs feel insultet...well, there's no reason, because where's the insult? They should be ashamed that they created pay content in the first place. The creators are always credited, nobody claimes to be the creator here.
If other people are doing the same, sharing a (pay) mesh with their own recolors etc, this is a good thing to do, because everyone can use every creation then (read Nouk's and Hysterical Paroxysm's letters, there you can find that EA just wants that, that every creation is available for everyone).
In my opinion sharing a free mesh could be ok on some occasions. When SAU was down longer than online, it would have been better to include the meshes. If you have to register, for example at Raonsims, but registering does not work for a large number of people. When the item you need is badly named so that you don't have a chance to find it. When you need to download a whole, large set and only need one small item etc. But credit is always needed.

Using items uncredited, claiming items to be their own creations, stealing parts of creations is no way tolerated here, and if you have a look around, you can find see that yourself, even in this thread.
So I cannot understand why you are complaining... We didn't do anything to you nor did we "steal" your work nor do we flame free sites.

When it comes to paysites, we are the bad guys, that's true. But when you are searching for the people who complain about free content, who leave comments like "your creation is shit" or want to force you to update, you have to look somewhere else.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #198 on: 2007 July 24, 10:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are all right: paysites are wrong - but you are handling it the wrong way. There are so many possibilities to act but in my opinion you have chosen the wrong one.

Mkay, could you elaborate on this point please? Smiley What other possible ways do we have to destroy paysites? That is why we are here on this site really....not to bash creators, free or pay. We just want these paysites to go free.  :roll:

And Paden & SlayerAngel, now I am all for MOAR FIGHT, but not between you two! Now drink rum and make up Wink

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #199 on: 2007 July 24, 10:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily and Carissa have already said much of what I wanted to say, but ...

Kalliope, we have a certain amount of things in common. I’m a free creator too. I don’t like paysites at all. And I don’t much care for unauthorized file-sharing either. I’ve already taken a beating over this in another thread. That’s ok with me.  Smiley

But I have to ask what was your purpose in coming here? If you wanted to help the freesite movement or try to change things here then stomping in and throwing an angry flame around isn’t really the way to do it. I assure you – from an experience that is only a few days old – that people here WILL listen to you, even if they don’t agree, as long as you talk sensibly and respectfully to them. And they WILL accept that you have a different point of view, as long as that point of view is not ‘Paysites are good’.  :wink:

And yes, it may be insulting to the paysite creators to host their files here, but I think the paysite creators are also insulting the entire community by trying to make money out an what is an innocent hobby or passion for many gamers – including children.  Sad

About the stealing of freesite creators’ work: That has been going on since the very first Sims 1 sites appeared on the internet and is not inspired by the pirates. It might be that some are now trying to make the connection between ‘general thiefs’ and ‘pirates’, but that is not correct. You’ll see that there is now talk here of how to make sure the pirate message is clear. That it is wrong to steal from freesites, and that even the paysite files that are in the booty are always clearly marked and credited to the creator.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #200 on: 2007 July 24, 12:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what I find ironic?  The fact the we even respond to you at all.  You came her did your "post and run".  Don't be a coward.  If you want to debate with us, instead of insulting us, then debate away.  But, when you come to someone's "house" so to speak, pitch a 2 year old tantrum, and scream and shout at everyone because they judged your behavior accordingly - you act shocked.

I don't think you can be reasoned with or debated with or even have a discussion that is level-headed and results in some good and understanding.  When I engage someone in a conversation, the main objective is the outcome.  How do I want this to end up - what am I wanting from it?  Maybe you need to ask yourself this before you post again anywhere.  But for me I just sit and laugh at the absolutely childish antics of someone who has no business with an internet connection.  

Here's a clue, it's been tame up until now by most of us here.  Don't expect any more courtesy, k?

PS - Gwen she just wants your penis

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #201 on: 2007 July 24, 12:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"

Isn't that where male brains are?  :roll:  I am a girl  Cheesy

The Simscave
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #202 on: 2007 July 24, 13:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Gwendolyne"
Quote from: "armywife"

Isn't that where male brains are?  :roll:  I am a girl  Cheesy

Duh, Gwen.  I was kidding.  I was referring to the thread that says I think it's in "We Get Letters..A Cautionary Tale".

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #203 on: 2007 July 24, 13:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, armywife  :lol:  It was a pm I got from someone who is long forgotten.
I just could not resist, cause she asked me to use my brain and if I was male, I wondered where my brains would be.

The Simscave
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #204 on: 2007 July 24, 13:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Gwendolyne"

And Gwendolyne, I think it's my decision to choose a nickname. Maybe Magenta was already taken. Darling, make use of your brain...

Oh, Magenta, I DID use my brain. That is why I know who you am.

And I DO feel offended if YOU call me darling!  :evil:

Und Teutonic Twat paßt immer, auch auf Männer, Österreicherinnen und Schweizer und Halbdeutsche Cheesy . Wer sich angesprochen fühlt, wird schon wissen warum!

Hee hee hee hee hee!

I just LOVE it when Gwendolyne bitchslaps someone in English AND German. Just so there's NO mistaking her meaning....

Brilliant.

____

On another thought - Magenta suggests our behavior makes it okay for others to steal from free creators, as though our anti-paysite work translates to free piracy for all.

I have two responses to that:

1. Paysite behavior makes it 'okay' for other sites to become pay, which is clearly a breach of contract....something WE are not doing at all.  So we've got a bit of pot calling the kettle black here.

2. Just as Hollywood is not responsible if some idiot copies the violent actions of a film character, we are not responsible for idiots who twist our words/actions and steals meshes and textures or hotlinks. Hollywood is very clear in that their movies are FICTION. We are very clear in that our actions are meant to free all user-created content.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #205 on: 2007 July 24, 15:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a big fear of all creators, that this anti-pay campaign will carry over into a free for all, in which everything a creator makes is up for grabs so to speak.  I think it's clear that the intention is not to share anything that is already shared freely.  To do so, who be extremely redundant, and who has time for that?

Further, as Hecubus noted, the people who take this to the extreme, sending nasty or threating email, do so in their own names, not in the name of filesharing.  I have never seen such behavior endorsed here by any filesharer.  To act as if a few bad seeds in the community reflect upon who we are and what we stand for is also unfair.  There are always going to be idiots out there pissing people off, regardless of if we are filesharing or not.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #206 on: 2007 July 24, 15:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only laugh, because I am so confused right now. But I agree with armywife that some of you needs a time out. I think... :roll:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #207 on: 2007 July 24, 18:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pimp my Sims is open again!!! :mrgreen:

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #208 on: 2007 July 24, 18:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to say a few things, so I'm gonna.  :lol:

I've been around a while. Not since the very beginning of the Sims 1, but damn near.
A long time ago I was a mod at Liquid Stars, where a TON of the creators who have now flocked to Bella's were prominent members.
I watched them make awesome objects to share with a select group of people and enjoyed those objects without once stopping to really think about it all meant that we had to tell others they were 'unavailable'.
I watched some pretty nasty people get a huge kick out of having these objects and flaunting it in everyone elses face that they "couldn't" have them as well.
That got me thinking.
It wasn't until just recently that I re-installed my games and bought the new EP, then started REALLY sorting out how I felt about the past and the controversies over it all that are going on now, and this is my stance, if anyone gives a shit.

I have subbed at 8DS, TSR, WDS and have donated quite a few times to ATS and several other sites over the years.
I did this thinking that my money was actually helping these sites stay online, and in some case, like ATS, i fully believe that it did.
*Sandy at ATS is a wonderful person. I spent some time getting to know her and I do think she honestly uses her donations the way she states she will. I will gladly give her money to help keep her site online and I'm kinda dissapointed that she's one of the 'misguided', although I understand it IS because she does offer objects in exchange for the donations. BUT when it comes down too it, I think it's the greed of the simmers that made it that way. Some people don't want to donate for just that warm fuzzy feeling. Some people demand things in return. Not anyone here, I've read eneough around here to know that, now. But I think she only does it that way because she feels that no one will donate to help her out if she DOESN'T offer these things.*
Back to the subject at hand, sorry.
I am a member at TSR, or atleast I was, I haven't really checked that since I started coming here and admitted to wading in the booty so I'm probably not anymore. But I never read the forums over there or anything, I just liked to look through the crap to find that one thing worth downloading.
It wasn't until I really got to reading the threads here and at SFV that I realized how greedy these people really are.
Greed is a nasty thing. It is infectious and spreads like a disease.
I started playing this game to have fun. I love to build houses, I don't even play the game itself. I spent 50 bucks a pop for each ep and I really don't think i should ahve to pay anymore to enjoy my game.
Legalities aren't my expertise, so all of the EULA TOS etc... make no sense to me unless I read what others write about it in more simple terms. But even I can see that Maxis is saying making money off items for the game is wrong.
Therefore, by offering it for download here, these "pirates" are trying to show the community that it can be better, that we don't have to fight and make scenes that make us look like assholes about the whole situation because when it comes down to it, half of the people who come over here to argue their points make themselves look like rotten, greedy children.
Here they preach "let's all band together and enjoy our games we break our wallets buying. Let's show the world that in order for us to be a real community, we need to stop thinking about money and start thinking about fun."
After all isn't a game supposed to be fun?
How can it BE fun if you have to bend over backwards, hop through hoops and open your wallet for anything you see that you'd like in your game?
It's about respect, too. You may think it's disrespectful for the pay items to be offered here for free, but I think it's disrespectful for someone to tell me that I can't have a pixel or two in my game because I don't have extra money to pay for it. I shouldn't have to pay for it. I payed for it all when I bought the damn games. These people COULDN'T make objects etc... for the game itself if it didn't exsist, so how can they think it's morally okay for them to charge for a cloned item I paid for when I bought the Pets EP or some other EP?
It makes no sense.
It's mind boggling to come over here and see the way some of these so-called respectable creators act.
Banning people simply because they post here or there or another place they themselves wouldn't ever post.
It's childish petty bullshit.
Guilt by association is one of the most closed minded things I've ever heard of.
I have been a member at many forums. I avoid some of them now simply because I don't want people to assume that because I'm there that the whole forum thinks the way I do. These are my friends and I avoid them simply because I have too if I don't want those 'respectable creators' to label them for anything I said.
I don't want them hurt.
I shouldn't have to do that,r ight? Shouldn't everyone be able to say as they feel and not have to worry about it all blowing up on someone innocent simply because they talk to them?

These problems are all caused by the same people that tell me 50 bucks is good enough for the game, but I have to 8.95 to access their shit that is CLONED from something in a game I already bought. Greedy assholes.

I have managed to ramble myself into a wall and I can't remember what my original point was anymore..lol. I tend to do that at times. I guess it could be the rum armywife fed me the other night. :lol:

I guess what it all boils down to for me is this:
This is a game. It's not a chance to make money. If you have a site that people have to pay for and then you use that money to buy a TV or anything else other than bandwidth or site shit, you're a thief.
I paid money to some sites because I thought I was helping them stay around.
I didn't realise I was supposed to feeding their children. Shouldn't people have REAL jobs for that? I have two kids of my own. Trying to scam me out of money for sims shit takes my money away them, too.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #209 on: 2007 July 24, 19:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Liquid Stars … Yeah, that’s where I received my very first PM from anybody. It was from a mod (probably not you, ry) telling me off big time, because I’d tried to help out with a WCIF. She’d said that the requested thing was ‘unavailable’, and all I did was reply that I was sure I’d seen that object on a site somewhere. WHAM! then I got a beating.  :evil:

I think I did manage to make a few friends over there, though.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: