PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:18:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39248 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #60 on: 2007 July 25, 15:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
idtaminger - lovely to see you again!   Cheesy  But I wonder why you're not psychic and can't see that RenegadeSims was going to post after you  :roll:

LMAO!! Yes, my site is one of those that will do Peggy hairs, too Smiley  But I'm a bit slower with things since I don't only recolour, but I try and fix up the meshes, too.  Right now it's only RoseSims' hairs, but I'm going to be working on some Peggy ones this week (assuming I finish the current mesh I'm working on)!

IEliminate - what if they don't use "peggy" or "rose" hairs?  What if they use Renegade fixed hairs - and much nicer-looking ones in my opinion - and don't pay a dime for it? Tongue

P.S. Now I'm confused.  Calalily - was that a kind of crack at me?  Or am I just...really confused?  :oops:

idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #61 on: 2007 July 25, 15:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtaminger - lovely to see you again!

Ah, thanks. Cheesy I just came back a while ago from a semester in Europe. Haven't played Sims in a long time. Good to be back though.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #62 on: 2007 July 25, 17:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, now you made me read everything you guys write as a song...   :lol:

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 25, 17:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
P.S. Now I'm confused.  Calalily - was that a kind of crack at me?  Or am I just...really confused?  :oops:

You're really confused  Cheesy It was sarcasm - and trying to direct idtaminger to your site - as you do recolours  Cheesy Don't worry - if I have a go at you it won't be over something you have no idea about - and I usually do it with pictures.  I'm not usually (must make a caveat here just in case I go batshit at some stage in the future or past) so touchy as I get pissed at people for nothing  Cheesy

Quote from: "idtaminger"
I just came back a while ago from a semester in Europe. Haven't played Sims in a long time. Good to be back though.

Lucky bugger hope you had fun.  At least I get to look at that avi. Gorgeous.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 25, 17:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
IEliminate - what if they don't use "peggy" or "rose" hairs?  What if they use Renegade fixed hairs - and much nicer-looking ones in my opinion - and don't pay a dime for it? Tongue

I'm not quite sure what you were meaning, and if I totally misinterpreted it I apologize, but I like edits and recolors of pay or free hair better than the original colours most of the time. I normally find those at MTS2 or SFV. If your site offers them (I haven't heard of a lot of sites) I'll go look there when it's back up.  :wink:
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 25, 18:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize.  I just don't seem to understand things or make sense anymore!

But Calalily - I assumed it was just sarcasm, but then I started reading it too much and it began to have secret meanings to me lol

And to IEliminate - yes, I do recolours and re-meshes (is that a word) of pre-existing meshes, i.e. if Rose or Peggy meshes have gaps and animation issues/no-animation, I try and fix those issues and upload fixed, animated (usually) meshes of the hairs, along with retextures and recolours.  Hopefully should be back up by July 30th, that's my goal.  If I can just fix the mesh I'm currently working on, things should go as planned.

But my original answer to you was ...confusing, even to myself.  I was just being dumb and trying to make a statement using a previous question and it just didn't make sense, I think.  That's just a guess because I really have no clue where I was going with that.  Don't mind me Tongue

aSIMmetrical
Landlubber

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 26, 01:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"
Step in the right direction, but still, where I am going to get retextures of godawful peggy haircolors now?!?!

I suggest http://rissa-styles.tevalon.de/ (and I'm going to check out RenegadeSims's site, too)
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #67 on: 2007 July 27, 10:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My newest shirt set was up at MTS2 for a couple of days, but just got shot back so I can remove my screen shots that show pay content.

And all the rest of my sets have shots with pay content, so all the work making pretty pictures to show off the sets has gone to waste.  How irritating.  xP

I guess it's the sacrifices we must make for the cause.  ;___;

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #68 on: 2007 July 27, 11:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Delphy deals the smackdown:

lpotter, may I ask why you say "all free" and then say your lots will still be donation only in the same sentence? Are you suggesting that you are somehow entitled to get money becuase of the time you put into making content? May I kindly suggest you put all items for free either on your own site or on a larger site becuase otherwise it's a smack in the face to people who spend days on a lot and give it for free when you think you are some better than them and can charge.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240944&c=0&ht=0&page=9&pp=25#startcomments

Another response by Delphy in the above linked post, (direct link to post):
flyingpigeon, No, we will not be advertising for "anti-paysites". We are taking a stance that people should use free content, not content-that-was-pay-that-somebody-happens-to-host-for-free. By using the latter you still send the message that paysites are ok becuase it has to be bought in the first place.

So, by providing the booty, we're sending the message that paysites are still ok. :|

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
scribble
Landlubber

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #69 on: 2007 July 27, 12:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the meaning with everything was that all custom content should be free and noncomercial. That all stuff in the community should be free to use for everybody. Not a boycott of the stuff, just educating people that itīs wrong to pay for it.
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 27, 13:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"

And all the rest of my sets have shots with pay content, so all the work making pretty pictures to show off the sets has gone to waste.  How irritating.  xP

My understanding is that past uploads that have screenshots of pay content is OK, it's only from here on out that uploads will be rejected for shots with pay...  So your past shots aren't a waste Smiley

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 27, 16:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Duckie"
So, by providing the booty, we're sending the message that paysites are still ok. :|

That's Delphy's stance for MTS2 - and I think it's the right one.  Many people don't or won't use the booty on principle - but they might consider using paysites. So I don't think Delphy's policy is a problem, because it's essentially ruling that paysites are not okay, no matter what.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 27, 20:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised to see recolors of a free Peggy hair mesh by Bruno.  I thought  if a site had pay items that even the free ones couldn't be recolored.  I obviously misunderstood.  I must learn to read more carefully.  :oops:
Is it true that nothing from TSR will be accepted?  If so, that is one of the best rules of the new policy.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 27, 22:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
I was surprised to see recolors of a free Peggy hair mesh by Bruno.  I thought  if a site had pay items that even the free ones couldn't be recolored.  I obviously misunderstood.  I must learn to read more carefully.  :oops:
Is it true that nothing from TSR will be accepted?  If so, that is one of the best rules of the new policy.

Yep, it's true nothing from TSR will be accepted as any creator at the site could be promoted to FA at any time and then their meshes/objects would become pay items. (Of course if the creator from TSR allows redistribution of the meshes/objects with your uploads then they can still be used as people won't have to go to TSR to get the stuff.)
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 27, 23:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Of course if the creator from TSR allows redistribution of the meshes/objects with your uploads then they can still be used as people won't have to go to TSR to get the stuff.)

Ah, but MTS2 doesn't accept meshes included with recolours (unless you made the mesh yourself) so TSR stuff couldn't be snuck in that way either  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: