PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:43:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...  (Read 53584 times)
MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
Well, I don't know how much clearer it can get...
« Reply #90 on: 2007 July 28, 01:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Freed Willy"

I still say your 'claim' that you do it only to keep the kiddies from the adult stuff is horse shit.  If that was so, your pay stuff would be ONLY adult stuff.  But there is plenty of non-adult content in your pay area.  You are simply using this claim as a ruse to justify bilking your subscribers.

And perhaps your claim to have "Freed Willy" is horseshit and you are a eunuch!  LOL.  Sorry. Brain laughed and had to expel it.

Think what you will.  I have been running this gambit for longer than some of you have had internet, and I know that the diehard ones of you will never accept what I can say.  Frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm 'full of shit' or not.  I know the truth.  That is what matters to me

IKEY!!!
~~So I don't have to repeat myself; I have issues with the means by which you folks make your point known, as well as try to pressure your wishes into being~~
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 July 28, 01:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, are you done now?  You have flamed back.  So, my understanding is that you want:

1.  Hosting Paid
2.  Age limiting access

It that all of your concerns or did I miss something?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 July 28, 01:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
OK. I am asking the pirates to knock it off for a moment, k?

Mikey, we have slammed back and forth.  Let's stop.  No good is coming of this whatsoever.  As entertaining as it can get, the end result is that we (freesite/file sharers - pick one) would like to support sites that want to go free.  If you are serious, and I hope you are, then let's discuss it.  Knock off the sarcastic remarks, quite typing so damn fast and posting.

If you read through this board in total, you will see that we do get trolled quite frequently.

Again, I apologize for the "trolling".  I was merely trying to answer every post directed to me.  anyway..I have company. Will be back in a little bit. So fire away.  But I cannot promise to not fire back at sarcasm

IKEY!!!
~~So I don't have to repeat myself; I have issues with the means by which you folks make your point known, as well as try to pressure your wishes into being~~
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 July 28, 01:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough.  I wasn't asking that you not answer back or flame back either, I was asking for an all-around cease fire.  Ok?  If someone goes at you, by all means, have a go at them.  

Are there any issues that I missed that need to be addressed if you are to become a 100% freesite?  I pm'ed Hecubus and hopefully she will be around shortly.  

To the whole trolling bit, I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt.  If I am wrong, it won't be the first time.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 July 28, 01:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MIKEY"

And it's okay for you to attempt to "make fun of me" (in the name of good fun, of course), but I'm not supposed to do it back?

No we love that. Just be funnier doing it. Cheesy  And to clarify I am ambivalent about Larry Flynt, just as I am ambivalent about you. For now...

(armywife, I owe you 1 zen moment. It just ain't in there right now Sad )
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 July 28, 01:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, Snarky, did you read my inspiration in the other thread?  

*I got rum for you, gives Snarky some rum with tequila chasers*

Wrinkly Willy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 July 28, 01:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MIKEY"

I still say your 'claim' that you do it only to keep the kiddies from the adult stuff is horse shit.  If that was so, your pay stuff would be ONLY adult stuff.  But there is plenty of non-adult content in your pay area.  You are simply using this claim as a ruse to justify bilking your subscribers.

And perhaps your claim to have "Freed Willy" is horseshit and you are a eunuch!  LOL.  Sorry. Brain laughed and had to expel it.

Think what you will.  I have been running this gambit for longer than some of you have had internet, and I know that the diehard ones of you will never accept what I can say.  Frankly, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm 'full of shit' or not.  I know the truth.  That is what matters to me

Gambit or racket?
>I have been running this gambit for longer than some of you have had internet<
I highly doubt it, I've been online back in the days of ARPANET.  Hell, I can remember people complaining about being forced to use TCP/IP.

If you have been at it so long, then you will realize that this whole 'pay vs free' debate is almost unique to Sims.  (Maybe with the exception of games designed for sales, like Second Life.)  In other mod-able games, paysites are simply NOT tolerated, either by the 'community' or the publisher.

That is why I am here, not because I beleive that charging for custom content is illegal, but because I beleive it is IMMORAL.

But you still have dodged my question, why isn't your pay content adult only?
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2007 July 28, 01:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm here.

Not sure what I can add, except that there are security systems for adult content sites that don't require charges....and there are MANY sites who will offer free hosting for sims sites. If you look on this page (URL will change when I move my site off freewebs, so get while the gettin's good), you can see those links.

I don't mind adult content, although with the lack of really good animations (we had better ones in TS1 for this sort of thing), I don't enjoy them that much. But I thought your reasoning to me that you were a paysite in order to block kids seemed...well, a crock, to be perfectly honest. But then, I'm such a free-sims-for-all kind of gal, what do you expect?  Cheesy

So...one more thing. Yeah, we poke fun. Mercilessly. It's not meant (most of the time) as a personal thing, but rather poking at the persona you've created as a paysite owner. I giggled at your email addy, as I spent too many years in North Carolina and have met my share of rednecks. So....well...there it is.

We DO have ideas. We are not without the ability and drive to help sites who want to go free. While it SEEMS we're full of hot air, we need that air to fill our sails to get to our destination....free sims for all.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 July 28, 02:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

No we love that. Just be funnier doing it. Cheesy  And to clarify I am ambivalent about Larry Flynt, just as I am ambivalent about you. For now...[/quote]

Deal.  I'll be funnier, if you try to at least approach funny...Work for you?

IKEY!!!
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 July 28, 02:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Hec!  Though, I keep trying to stay on topic and so far, I am failing.

*pours rum over self and lights match*

EDIT:  Breaks over

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2007 July 28, 02:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Armywife if all the "funners" will just cut it out for a minute and go be "funny" at some other thread it will work. Guys really, we are actually trying to get something done so just cut it out for a minute unless you have REAL questions or something intelligent to say because all the funning is fucking with poor Mikey's ability to pay attention(and mine too. Oh the lfuns). I don't so I'll stop talking now.

MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 July 28, 02:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gambit or racket?[/quote]

Forget it.  I see some of you are willing to talk.  And some aren't. And then you have Wee Willy who tries to converse, but keeps tossing in pot shots.  And if I fire back, then I'm a "troll", or full of shit.  There are 2 sides to every story, folks.  Doesn't mean necessarily that one is 100% right either.  I never claimed to be perfect, or an angel either.  <edit> And no one here is going to listen to me with one of theirs being a jackass.

But here you all stand fighting a fight, that doesn't exist, for EA (who seemingly could care less.)  There wallets get fatter and fatter every day. You talk about rights and morality, but as a whole you don't practice them. At least not fully.  It's a twisted, re-interpreted standpoint some of you are reaching from.  And I came here to try to talk.  If you want to talk, then email me so I can at least block or filter out the folks that just want to fight.

And don't get me wrong, if someone wants to hash it out, I'm ready, willing, and able to mette it out.  But I honestly didn't come here for that, and don't think it'll do any good.  Besides, there seem to be a couple of level-headed folk here who honestly think they have helpful answers...Those ones can email me.

But I promise, if anyone tries to start something via email, I'll being it right back to this forum for all their 'friends' to see.  That being said, if everyone here can prove they know how to be civil, I might be apt to come back and talk with everyone at once.

MIKEY!!!

IKEY!!!
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 July 28, 02:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Red, I can't say I didn't try.  Thanks.  I am just not sure what category I fall in?  Am I a jackass or level-headed?  

*drinking Corona and pondering*

MIKEY
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 July 28, 02:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Well, Red, I can't say I didn't try.  Thanks.  I am just not sure what category I fall in?  Am I a jackass or level-headed?  

*drinking Corona and pondering*

It's not you or RedLove.  Trust me, the jack-asses know who they are...LOL...

Talk at ya later, one way or another...

MIKEY!!!

IKEY!!!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 July 28, 02:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AW I believe you are the level-headed one. Hecubus I'll leave the emailing to you because I'll just start rambling and I have horrible grammar. :wink:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: