PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:40:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 120746 times)
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 16, 15:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angelica she did a lot more than other people did so I respect her for that. Maybe you're too jaded to appreciate her even coming here but I can. For as long as I've been here the creators haven't responded or responded and then went psycho and threatened with lawyers and other crap. She may not have answered all the questions but she did some. So to me she did stick it out.

ETA: Slayer you wins cookies

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 16, 16:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She came here to tell us that we are wrong and that we should apologize--and said so, several times.  She ignored pretty much everything that has been said.  You are giving her far too much credit.  Just because she didn't go "psycho" like the few that has actually came here does not equal win by any stretch of the imagination.

I still want to know how much money she is getting monthly for her "contribution" to this community from TSR.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 16, 16:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 16, 16:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "missangelica"
She came here to tell us that we are wrong and that we should apologize--and said so, several times.  She ignored pretty much everything that has been said.  You are giving her far too much credit.  Just because she didn't go "psycho" like the few that has actually came here does not equal win by any stretch of the imagination.

I still want to know how much money she is getting monthly for her "contribution" to this community from TSR.

MissAngelica it looks like you aren't reading everything I said. If you would take a moment to stop trying to be right about everything you would see that I never mentioned that she won. I said that I, keyword is I, had a new found respect for her. And I'm not going to let you try to tell me that I shouldn't have respect for her because I do. Maybe she did tell us we were wrong but what I said was I respect the way she said it. I'm not giving her far too much credit you're giving her too little by not giving her a chance and automatically stamping her bad because of the price of her CC. Maybe you should slow down and actually READ what I type and realize the difference between my opinion and yours before you reply hmm?  :wink:

Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 16, 16:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, but that doesn't matter because she has a 100% free site also!  :roll:

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 16, 16:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to make a long post about your attitude of being better than everyone here, but i'd just like to know:
if you're really only there because you like tsr and the community there and all that other bs, then why arent you SA and your stuff completely free?
Because you're really in it for the money?

No one is going to take you seriously if all you do is treat them like they are beneath you and that they should praise you for merely speaking to them; and most won't take you seriously for having pay creations at tsr either.

I can't believe you have such an attitude suzy. You were one of my favorite creators but seeing all of your posts recently at s2c and here has been quite disappointing
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 16, 16:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"
I said that I, keyword is I, had a new found respect for her. And I'm not going to let you try to tell me that I shouldn't have respect for her because I do. Maybe she did tell us we were wrong but what I said was I respect the way she said it.

There are so many things wrong with what you said but bottom line is that I disagree with you showing her any respect because I do not think she deserves it.  I can disagree with you.  I was expressing my opinion.  I wasn't "forcing" you to change yours.

Stop with the passive aggressive crap, btw.  It's very unbecoming.

Quote from: "evilredduckie"

Oh, but that doesn't matter because she has a 100% free site also!  :roll:

It wouldn't surprise me that she's doing that as somehow a way to make a compromise with her deity to show she's not all bad.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #52 on: 2007 July 16, 16:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't get why I should pat her back for having a free site while she is one of the "oldest" FA'S at TSR? Get her away from TSR or at least the pay part of it and then let us celebrate the free site.

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #53 on: 2007 July 16, 16:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well. I appreciate the fact she didn't come here and threaten to blow us up. It's not like anything anybody is saying is getting through to her any way so what's the problem with me saying one thing?

I've seen her free site. It's kind of lacking. I have a question about that. Does Windkeeper mind you editing her windows and offering them for free?
 :shock: Isn't that against TSR rules?

ETA: MissAngelica I could take your bait but I'm too nice for that.

SJActress
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #54 on: 2007 July 16, 16:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess, think of an ebook, I could buy a Steven King e-novel, I own the novel but King still owns the copyright. I can't make 100,000 copies and give them away to my neighbors.... if I had 100,000 neighbors! LOL!

Actually, that analogy would work for the game, not custom content.  Obviously, one can't copy the game and give it away to friends.  A book's copyright and the game's copyright is explicit about that.

However, if one so chose (and there was any purpose in doing so), one could take a quote out of their book, change the font, and insert a piece of paper with that replacement quote into the book that the friend bought.  

Yeah, my analogy sucks about as bad as the one I refuted, but whatever.  :x
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #55 on: 2007 July 16, 16:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What in the hell did you just say?  :lol: I had to read that 5 times to actually get it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #56 on: 2007 July 16, 17:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NeptuneSuzy"
Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Suzy, if it was proven by EA that what PMBD was doing was declared illegal, I know that some people have stated that they would abandon the cause and move on.  You may think it's wrong, but most of the people who do partake in it don't think so.

It's not so much about whether I personally think it's wrong, but it's causing alot of friction, and I think alot of folks get caught in the crossfire.
War is serious bizniz.

Eh, I hug more trees than anyone. I send emails to creators on TSR, but I'm nice about it, thank you (ask DOT, I'm still waiting for my cookies and cheerios). As for creating friction with the whole debate and the existence of PMBD, change is needed. Change creates friction. The people who are really getting caught in the crossfire are the KIDS who TSR and other major subscription/pay sites are ripping off because they are too young and too uninformed to know of the alternatives.

Honestly, I don't give a crap about EAxis's right to all the profit of the game (though I think they should). I care about the kiddies, and by extention, the kiddies' parents. They are getting ripped in a bad way...through the pocket.

Seriously, though, where's that email from EA, the one that isn't at Nouk's site, which stated clearly that redistribution of payfiles is ok by EA? I lost it.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #57 on: 2007 July 16, 21:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree that shying away from the topic and refusing to take a stand because it "creates fiction" is a lame excuse.  I refuse to stand by and say "Well, since so many people do charge for pay items, it's ok.  I don't want to cause a fuss."  The bottom line is it's illegal, and it needs to be stopped.  If the paysite owners really want a sense of community and friendship they need to stop making people fork over their cash and start sharing their creations freely.  That would put an end to this once and for all.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #58 on: 2007 July 16, 21:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing with paysite owners is no matter how much they like to underestimate it in their little brains, the pay versus free debate has ruined their happy moneymaking routine. That's why any lame excuse for blaming us is so common on their part, it's all about shifting attention from the real issue --> that they're plain wrong and that it is SO obvious that their struggle to make it look otherwise would be hilarious if money and young people and the spirit of an entire gaming community weren't involved! so, not satisfied with having taken advantadge of people for such a long time, they're now finding convenient to act like the victims of us 'evil bastards'. GAH.

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #59 on: 2007 July 16, 21:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AwwBoo"
"creates fiction"

No mentioned it, actually, but it seems fitting.  :wink:

I admit I'm not that active on fora, but I know that prior to this paysite issue, there was plenty of drama and hate in the Sims 2 community.  People, creator or not, left the community prior to PMBD.  People left hateful messages on guestbooks and in people's inboxes prior to PMBD.

But I guess evil and bad things didn't exist until the paysite issue arose.

It doesn't seem like most people who hate PMBD for whatever reason realise that most of the downloaders, the ones who only sign up when necessary to get things, who rarely, if ever say anything on fora, don't seem to give two shits about any of the debates, moral or not.  They just want stuff for their Sims.  And that's that PMBD is doing--catering to the people who like to grab stuff and run.  My father is that type of person, and to a lesser degree, I am as well.

But whatever.  Yeah, we're a bunch of jackasses and whatnot.  How dare people not be friends with everyone?  Really, it would be a better community if everyone was mindlessly friendly with everything that is capable of posting on the Internet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: