PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:01:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121644 times)
kagechikara
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #75 on: 2007 July 17, 07:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, since babies are one of the most narcissicistic forms of life, they don't.

..Well, they care about /their/ feelings but that doesn't really count, does it?
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #76 on: 2007 July 17, 07:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"

Users are required to convincingly pretend to be older than 12. It sez so in the registration agreement. Furthermore, harassment is not an activity supported by us, as this isn't really very funny.

Well, that's my only real beef with it all. I wouldn't have been bothered at this point if it wasn't for the harassment issue, that's what brought me back into it. Good to know you don't support such things, I didn't really think you did.

Oh, my. REAL feelings. I do get such a warm, fuzzy sense of satisfaction when I stomp on people's pwecious feewings. Yes, I know, I'm an asshole. Pleading with me cuz I'm hurting someone's pwecious feewings is totally the wrong way to convince me of anything. If anything, that just makes me more determined to do it. Honestly, this entire thing would not have been much fun if it didn't cause butthurt.

Watch out, I may stay here spreading the warm and  fuzzies all over your forum! LOL! Some pretty pink curtains.... maybe fresh flowers... a frilly fringe laden Free Willy wall lamp, in a lovely shade of violet of course........  

Ultimately, I don't really have any beef with TSR creators specifically. After all, they don't run the site, and if they're getting paid money for that? Meh, so what? It's a properly pragmatic and mercenary attitude which I can respect. It's only when they get butthurt and whine about us that I sneer at them.

Luckily my skin's pretty thick at this point, don't have anything to whine about, and my butt's still in tact. Wink

-----------------------

Quote from: "armywife"

The second point I would like to make is that though I disagree with Neptune Suzy, I do appreciate her sense of humor and her willingness to post here on the board.  Most creators wouldn't.  However, I do disagree with some of what she said, but I think it is ok to disagree and be civil and not insulting.  

Thank you for that! And civil disagreement is always welcomed, how boring the world would be if we all had the same opinions. Smiley

-------------------------

Quote from: "calalily"
I wouldn't praise NeptuneSuzy too much for coming here - she's a TSR ambassador and I believe they have the job of spreading the good word about TSR.  She's company relations guys - she's not being nice.

She doesn't really care about how this debate goes, or whether people have more free stuff - she just wants you to think well of her so by extension TSR's reputation will be better.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's being paid to do it.

A TSR ambassador, LOL!    I have my own site to care for, thanks.   And besides I don't think I would be TSR's first pick as an ambassador.  

She hasn't had the guts to really respond to the debate, or to legitimate questions, and seems to have bowed out of the s2c debate since Nouk got an answer to a question about custom meshes and the ability to sell them.

Well, actually three questions were put forth clearly and I answered clearly and was thanked… ...... good enough for me.  Besides, I showed up which is way more than most would.  Smiley  

BTW, don't worry I didn't disappear, Wink
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #77 on: 2007 July 17, 07:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an ambassador - to make hollow laughing - you've even advanced points for ambassador work. Far more than Atwa.

It doesn't matter if you don't disappear - your opinion means nothing - you have an agenda - possibly one you've been paid for.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #78 on: 2007 July 17, 07:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If so, TSR does not appear to be getting their money's worth. And hey, ripping TSR off sounds good to me.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #79 on: 2007 July 17, 08:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an ambassador - to make hollow laughing - you've even advanced points for ambassador work. Far more than Atwa.

It doesn't matter if you don't disappear - your opinion means nothing - you have an agenda - possibly one you've been paid for.

That! Sorry, never made the connection, LOL!  Those little gold boxes appear according to referrals from a rather ugly link on my own site's index page.

And I'm with Pescado.... if TSR would like to pay me for the link I'd be glad to take their money, better in my pocket, but darn, they haven't offered.  
Sad
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #80 on: 2007 July 17, 08:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I don't believe that - otherwise they'd call them referrals - ambassadors go out from the site on behalf of the site.

And TSR do pay you - you admitted such on s2c.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #81 on: 2007 July 17, 08:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I don't believe that - otherwise they'd call them referrals - ambassadors go out from the site on behalf of the site.

And TSR do pay you - you admitted such on s2c.

They don't call them referrals because not everyone gets their little gold boxes from 'referrals', because not everyone has there own website to send the referals from......     I'm being a good sport here but you're getting a little too involved in these little gold boxes.....

Just curious, do you count everyone's little gold boxes?Huh?
 :|
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #82 on: 2007 July 17, 08:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't bother - I just go and look if I think people at TSR are being perceived as doing good work.  

And I'm not involved - I don't believe you and think that you are fake - simple as that.

Visit Calalilysims

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #83 on: 2007 July 17, 10:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NeptuneSuzy, thank you for speaking out here. I agree with practically everything you’ve said since page 3. And it has given me the courage to come out of lurkdom. So for all it’s worth here are my two cents.

Obviously everybody has to make up their own mind as to whether what PMBD is doing is ‘right’ or ‘wrong’. Personally I can’t say that I fully agree with it. Don’t get me wrong. I DO think all custom content should be free and freely shared. I DO think that paysites are bad. I DON’T like creators ripping off the community. And I DO think they should be stopped or at least curtailed.

What PMBD is doing is certainly helping achieve that.  Smiley  I won’t accuse you of being stealing thieves, because you cheat pay creators for their income. To me that is not really the issue. The part I don’t like is hosting a creator’s work somewhere where they don’t want it to be hosted. To me that is wrong. Just as wrong as TSR refusing to take down a creator’s work if they ask for it. I guess it’s a question of respect. At least let us keep a minimum measure of control over what happens to our creations.

But I also have to say that I find it a little bit ridiculous when creators start screaming and whining because TSR doesn’t want to take down their creations. I can’t help thinking ‘you did agree they could do just that, so what are you complaining about. You made a mistake, now learn to live with it”.  :roll:

Finally about the EULA argument. I, too, wish you would stop throwing that around all the time. I don’t completely buy it. There are a multitude of ways to interpret the EULA and just as many ways that the EULA interacts with copyright and intellectual property laws in different countries. I doubt if even the EA legal eagles have a clear-cut definition of whether paysites are illegal or not. In the end it would be up to a court to decide on the issue.

I do buy the argument about the moral wrongness of paysites, though. It isn’t difficult to see why nobody should get rich from a community of gamers, just because they know how to move vertices around and push a few buttons in SimPE. I think that argument would win over a lot more people.  :wink:

Okay, back to lurkdom. Thanks for listening.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #84 on: 2007 July 17, 10:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm.

Interesting.

Now usually we get trolls, and flamed by idiots, so its a nice change that we get someone who wants to talk nicely  Smiley  Well I was going to bombard you with questions, but I'll just stick with the one that I really want an answer to -

As an FA at TSR, how much do you get paid?

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #85 on: 2007 July 17, 11:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

As an FA at TSR, how much do you get paid?

That is a question that I would also love to hear the answer to.  If we get a completely honest answer, I will give Suzy my first born son. (He's 22, so I doubt she will take him.  :lol: )

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #86 on: 2007 July 17, 11:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arr........I say we string up NeptuneSuzy in place of our flag and sail by the TSR harbor........

Sooner or later, Suzy, TSR will crumble.....

Keep in mind this forum uses donation subs to get paid items, so, more or less, you/TSR got their moolah, albeit one time versus money for each person that goes thru the TSR booty section. See that lil pic up in the left hand corner of this site? Yeah.......it's happening. More people are realizing where to go, instead of paying.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #87 on: 2007 July 17, 11:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CaptainJojoba, that question wasn't addressed at me, was it? Because I'm not an FA at TSR. Not affiliated with them in any way. So I couldn't really tell you.  Smiley

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #88 on: 2007 July 17, 11:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Peachfish is an FA.

I do have issues with a couple of things though - and will explain why I disagree.

1. If paysite creators are really so butthurt (Pescado's phrase) and really don't want their creations hosted elsewhere, and have tried to stop Pescado - then the easiest way to do that is to pull their payfiles.

If they don't want to do that they can hardly say they didn't know.  The next thing that NeptuneSuzy posts to TSR - she can hardly say that she didn't know it would be posted somewhere else, can she - and depending on how long she's been a member, she's been giving tacit consent to this for ages.

2.  Creators often assume that they will have control - Enayla, a professional digital artist didn't know - which means that TSR breaks the mould with the usual conditions.  Thank goodness Enayla was warned before she put more than a couple of walls there.

3. Until it goes to court EA's word is law and you can ignore it but that doesn't make you right.

Quote from: "Peachfish"
It isn’t difficult to see why nobody should get rich from a community of gamers, just because they know how to move vertices around and push a few buttons in SimPE. I think that argument would win over a lot more people.  :wink:

And offend every single free creator who meshes by minimising their hard work - that's hardly an effective argument, and that's why it's not used.  Free creators often get buoyed by the thanks they get - and if they think they're undervalued, that's just nasty.

Visit Calalilysims

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #89 on: 2007 July 17, 11:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Peachfish"
CaptainJojoba, that question wasn't addressed at me, was it? Because I'm not an FA at TSR. Not affiliated with them in any way. So I couldn't really tell you.  Smiley

No, lol, it was addressed to NeptuneSuzy Wink Sorry for not making that clear Peachfish! *passes rum about*

LOL at keirra!  :lol:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: