PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:32:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121661 times)
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 16, 05:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Suzy, I'll leave the rest of the discussion to the others, but I want to address the Numenor piece:

Our policy is that ALL Sims content should be freely shared, as explicitly stated in the EULA. Therefore, if any money is required in exchange for any sims content, it's considered 'pay'. About a month ago, I was made aware of that file on Numenor's site; while I agree 100% that he has done an incredible amount for the community (not the least of which is the CEP), if the line is 'money for package file', then his file must stay in the booty.

It is unfortunate - so many good designers who have one or two pay sets must be represented in the booty. I'd be much happier to see Holy Simoly, for example, release their three sets and ask for free-will donations. And i[m certain that the income from those sets support their site and not pay creators. But if we let sites like that 'get by', where do we draw the line? Therefore, we have made the policy simple.

Hope this explains it for you.

I understand the mission and all. But maybe more people would be on board again if it all wasn't so strict, so black or white sort of. I think the harshness turns people off.

Quote from: "Hecubus"
ETA: Okay, I have to comment on one other thing. You stated above that we should "stop hiding behind the EULA and admit what we're doing is wrong". The thing is, we do not believe what we are doing IS wrong. We firmly believe that user created game content should NOT cost any money. The only game I know of that allows for pay content is Second Life, and I find that disturbing. The fact that the EULA and recent statements from EA indicate taht user created game content should be freely available for all is simply that 'documentation' that supports our belief that what we do is Right.

I actually agree with you (bold), but not because of EA's license. I would feel the same way if EA has a different license blessing paysites. I agree because I think a community based on sharing is what the game should be about.

And, let's hope Sims3 doesn't go down the same road as second life....
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 16, 05:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that happens, I will never, ever play it! I will stick to all of my Sims 2 stuff, thank you very much. And it's nice to see that someone has the courage to stick their heads into the lion's den, as I believe you called it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 16, 05:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "NeptuneSuzy"
Just for the record, let me say a few things....
I've been in this community since the beginning and I hate to see it fractured. Maybe I'm idealistic, but I would hope that we could capture the community spirit that we had a couple of years ago when we were all trying to figure out the files and learning to mesh etc. Or at least maybe we can all be a little more tolerant of each other.

I was an observer back at MTS2 when the community was coming together in order to advance the cause of custom game content. And yes, it was a good feeling watching as all you creative folks worked together. However, as I assume your aware, there where more than a few instances of paysite people who, having received the information and tools they needed, pulled their files and headed back home to cash in (thanks, BYEEE).

Also, it was TSR, the site which benefited the most (financially) from all the FREE tools and information provided by the community, which then turned around and refused links to the very site they were learning almost everything from. That was just  inexcusable behavior, plain and simple.

Aside from all that, one of the main reasons I personally support file sharing (as does EA the games creators), is that I‘m very disturbed that a game which has such a huge female following is also one of the few where the games community allows paysites to even exist. That's just unbalanced, unfair and wrong.

And thank you for having a 100% free site.
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 16, 05:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Suzy, if it was proven by EA that what PMBD was doing was declared illegal, I know that some people have stated that they would abandon the cause and move on.  You may think it's wrong, but most of the people who do partake in it don't think so.

It's not so much about whether I personally think it's wrong, but it's causing alot of friction, and I think alot of folks get caught in the crossfire.

I'm still not sure what you mean by copying.  I don't think copying is a synonym for redistribution.

I guess, think of an  ebook, I could buy a Steven King e-novel, I own the novel but King still owns the copyright. I can't make 100,000 copies and give them away to my neighbors.... if I had 100,000 neighbors! LOL!

It also is not the "meanest" thing that could be done.  There are many "meaner" things that PMBD could be doing instead.

Well, that's certainly true!  Smiley

And many people agree that not all paysite owners are greedy and/or evil.

I'm sure that's true, but from the outside looking in so-to-speak, which is where I am, it looks very different. And I have a tough skin! LOL! I can't even imagine what it looks like to some meek individuals,  :lol:
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 16, 05:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Paden"
If that happens, I will never, ever play it! I will stick to all of my Sims 2 stuff, thank you very much. And it's nice to see that someone has the courage to stick their heads into the lion's den, as I believe you called it.

Thank You!  Cheesy

And I still have all my limbs... so far.. :lol:

Oh and I won't be buying Sims3 in that case either!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 16, 05:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You!  Cheesy

And I still have all my limbs... so far.. :lol:

Oh and I won't be buying Sims3 in that case either!

I'm snickering my ass off about not losing your limbs, cause I just changed my avatar from a panther the last week gone by... And yeah, I like your free site, you've got some stuff that rocks. I had all of the hairs you had and when my old computer took a dump on me, I lost it all, cause I didn't have those burned onto a CD yet. I do that now in case of meltdown, btw. I was heartbroken and couldn't for the life of me remember where in the hell I had gotten them. Then I found a link to your site and bingo! I gots mah hairs bek, dangit! It's good that you're willing to come and discuss this with us, and I for one appreciate it. Yeah, I can be a rude little bitch but when someone makes an effort to understand what we're trying to do, it helps. Free is good. Free is what EA said in the beginning. The legal thingie says "thou shalt not profit from the sweat of OUR balls" and lo, some of the unenlightened are doing just that. THAT is what I for one have the most problem with. That and I love all of the shiny, pretty, wonderful, cool, heheheheheheheeh *rubs hands together like Igor* downloads of custom content! The methods could be considered harsh, but that's the line we have to take because in the past we've sent in polite and kind emails asking about it, we get told to sod off and screw ourselves, we don't know squat. I wish it were otherwise, but I'm part of this. I believe in the sharing. And I will help the PMBD however I can. I don't send nasty emails, though. I'd rather say it to them on a forum and watch them race to clean it up, to be honest. If you're gonna say it, say it where it can be heard....

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 16, 06:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
I was an observer back at MTS2 when the community was coming together in order to advance the cause of custom game content. And yes, it was a good feeling watching as all you creative folks worked together. However, as I assume your aware, there where more than a few instances of paysite people who, having received the information and tools they needed, pulled their files and headed back home to cash in (thanks, BYEEE).

I sure do, I remeber this one gal (can't remember who) that used to show up when she needed something and then she'd just split without even a thank-you. She kept coming back and always got the help she needed,  :roll:  
Oh and there was a fair share of in-fighting then too! But it was damned exciting!

Also, it was TSR, the site which benefited the most (financially) from all the FREE tools and information provided by the community, which then turned around and refused links to the very site they were learning almost everything from. That was just  inexcusable behavior, plain and simple.

No Comment......  :roll:

Aside from all that, one of the main reasons I personally support file sharing (as does EA the games creators), is that I‘m very disturbed that a game which has such a huge female following is also one of the few where the games community allows paysites to even exist. That's just unbalanced, unfair and wrong.

FEMALES!  Are you blaming the females!? LOL! Or protecting them!?  :lol:

And thank you for having a 100% free site.

*Does the happy dance!   You're quite welcome!  Smiley

ETA:

I don't send nasty emails, though.

That's great, all I'd like to see is a friendly community.  :wink:

Oh and thanks for the compliment on the hair!  Cheesy
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 16, 06:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's tewtally the chix fault.  Hells yes.

Further proof that vaginae are made of hate and greed.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 16, 06:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Plum"

You kill me Plum!  :lol:

And Suzy...I love your work.  You create some amazing stuff.  I have a bunch of it in my game.  Thank you for sharing it.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 16, 07:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FEMALES!  Are you blaming the females!? LOL! Or protecting them!?  :lol:

Neither. First off,  Maxis could be blamed for originally allowing paysites to gain a foothold in the community. Then TSR, though not the first paysite, set an example for many of those that followed. And TSR, as we all know, is owned by a man (unless you've got some REALLY good dirt on Thomas).

As for the women on this site (and this board and MATY are the only two I frequent anymore) needing my protection....HA! :lol:
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 16, 12:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote NeptuneSuzy:
One of the issues I have with PMBD is that I think you should be more upfront. Rather than hide behind the EULA, just admit that what you're doing is wrong but that you're doing it regardless.

It is exactly what we are saying, at least I have said it on S2C, except for the wrong part. You just don't listen. Although, wrong is a relative term, and I would never use that term to describe something that I think is entirely right. You're splitting hairs again, NeptuneSuzy, and you should stop. We're the most upfront group in the entire community. I don't understand how you can think otherwise, other than because you don't listen. Ever. It is getting tiring.

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 16, 12:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
Quote from: "Plum"

You kill me Plum!  :lol:

And Suzy...I love your work.  You create some amazing stuff.  I have a bunch of it in my game.  Thank you for sharing it.  Cheesy

Thanks, You're quite welcome. And I should say credit goes to Grizzelda and Chrissy6930 over at my site, they make great stuff!  Smiley

And BTW... this board is nothing if not entertaining! LOL!  :lol:
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 16, 14:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Suzy,  I have new found respect for you for sticking it out and not going all psycho on us and threatening to hack us. *does a little salute thingy my dad taught me*

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 16, 14:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redlove, she didn't "stick it out".  She hasn't responded to the least the last page of questions at all.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 16, 15:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She didn't respond to my post at all. So that means I win! :mrgreen:

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: