PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:32:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  For NeptuneSuzy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For NeptuneSuzy  (Read 121663 times)
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« on: 2007 July 15, 02:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you won't answer my question at S2C I'll also ask you here. Unless you wish to ignore me again. Or do you wish to only answer questions that you can argue?

By Yours Truly
NeptuneSuzy you say that PMBD is holding your creations against your will but I hope that as an FA at TSR that you are aware that TSR does the exact same thing. They're worse than PMBD. When icedMango gave up her FA status Thomas still held her items for pay. It wasn't until people starting having a fit that he finally gave them up for free.

Also people who've been banned or left TSR still had their downloads up on the site. Let's say you decided to leave TSR for whatever reason. I can bet that TSR would still be collecting money for your creations.

I just can't see you supporting a site that does the exact same thing that PMBD does but on a worse scale.

When she responded she only answered part of my question. An insignificant part.

By Neptune Suzy:
TSR 'is not' holding my creations against my will..... "I" made the choice to post them at TSR.
PMBD 'is' holding my creations against my will because "I didn't" chose to post my creations at PMBD.

You may think that you refuted this argument but I specifically asked you how PMBD was worse than TSR.

I replied:
Sue you ignored my question. Let's say that you leave for X reason. TSR will most likely keep your uploads and keep making money off of them. They've done it to icedMango, Ren, SilverArrows and several other creators. How do you know they wouldn't do it to you? You don't. And the chances are they would keep your creations if you left for whatever reason. They would be holding your creations against your will. As PMBD is except they'd be making money off of YOUR work.

PMBD also isn't breaking any laws. It's against the EULA to make money off of TS2 creations. Several people from EA have confirmed it. Look at Nouk's website. There are several other transcripts on SFV and such.

Now let's say paysites aren't illegal. It's still illegal to make money off of other people's work. It's called plagiarism. A form of theft, a form that has led to lawsuits and sometimes jailtime. Who are the real thieves?

After that you completely ignored my question. How is PMBD worse than TSR. And how do you bash PMBD while TSR holds uploads hostage and make money off of their creations? Why do you defend TSR yet not tell me why they hold creations against their will? Or at least negate what I said? Is it because you know it's true? If you wish to shamelessly bash PMBD then you can't defend TSR because they do the exact same thing to artists except they're making money. PMBD is only upholding the law. We are not here for selfish reasons like rat bastard Thomas.

If you're going to ignore people's questions then why are you even in the debate forum? You talk of respect yet you leave people hanging instead of answering a simple question. Maybe it's time for you to show some respect.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 15, 03:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all they cared about was their items being, in their opinion, wrongfully distributed, then I'm sure they realise that once their items are no longer available on a paysite, but instead are available for free, the items would be removed from the booty.  How many paysites have gone free, or how many creators have left paysites and started their own free site, just so that PMBD wouldn't redistribute their items without their permission?

What is the meaning of the quotation marks in Sue's post?  o.O
cookieface
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 15, 04:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To create the illusion of textual "emphasis", of course.

Quote from: "Ensign EO"

What is the meaning of the quotation marks in Sue's post?  o.O
Bliss
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 15, 04:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I" hate it when "people" use "what amounts to" "air quotes" in typing "online."
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 15, 05:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SlayerAngel"
Since you won't answer my question at S2C I'll also ask you here. Unless you wish to ignore me again. Or do you wish to only answer questions that you can argue?

By Yours Truly

Hey!  You guys are a pisser!   * Tosses everyone a beer and wonders who goes under the table first! LOL!

One things for sure, I love a good debate.... And I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong...  Hope you can say the same!  Wink

At S2C you asked:

NeptuneSuzy you say that PMBD is holding your creations against your will but I hope that as an FA at TSR that you are aware that TSR does the exact same thing. They're worse than PMBD. When icedMango gave up her FA status Thomas still held her items for pay. It wasn't until people starting having a fit that he finally gave them up for free.

Also people who've been banned or left TSR still had their downloads up on the site. Let's say you decided to leave TSR for whatever reason. I can bet that TSR would still be collecting money for your creations.

I just can't see you supporting a site that does the exact same thing that PMBD does but on a worse scale.

And now you say:

Quote from: "SlayerAngel"
When she responded she only answered part of my question. An insignificant part.

I'll go slowly to prove this statement of yours is false... you can apologize when I'm done! Wink

This was my response:
TSR 'is not' holding my creations against my will..... "I" made the choice to post them at TSR.
PMBD 'is' holding my creations against my will because "I didn't" chose to post my creations at PMBD.

Looks to me like I answered  your question.....

Let's break it down:

You asked: NeptuneSuzy you say that PMBD is holding your creations against your will but I hope that as an FA at TSR that you are aware that TSR does the exact same thing.

Ok, you pointed out that PMBD and TSR do the same thing... hold my creations against my will. You asked if I knew that they do the same thing...

And I answered.... I actually think this part was pretty clear: I said that TSR asked if they could post my creations forever and I said yes... see not against my will...  But PMBD never asked if they could post my creations.....  I never had a choice... . Thus against my will. See, not the same thing.

Make sense so far?

You're other statements: They're worse than PMBD. When icedMango gave up her FA status Thomas still held her items for pay. It wasn't until people starting having a fit that he finally gave them up for free.

No questions here.... no need for an answer....

Your next statement: Also people who've been banned or left TSR still had their downloads up on the site. Let's say you decided to leave TSR for whatever reason. I can bet that TSR would still be collecting money for your creations.

Again... No questions here.... no need for an answer....  But, hell, I'll address the subject later anyway.... just for fun!

Your next statement: I just can't see you supporting a site that does the exact same thing that PMBD does but on a worse scale.

Again... No questions here.... no need for an answer....

Looks like I answered the only question...

Hmmmm....  You seeing the underside of that table yet! LOL!  Have another Beer!

I'll go on when I have proof that I'm debating someone who's a big enough person to admit when they're wrong!  

Smiley
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 15, 06:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Piratey Geisha"
Suzy, would you answer SlayerAngel's statements if we made them in the form of a question?  I am not attacking you but am only responding to your play on words. Smiley

It's not a play on words. She asked a question and in good faith I answered it twice at S2C..... more than most people would... And I showed up here.... way more than most people would do.....  

If you do not answer these questions, then you can apologize to all of us. Wink

I have nothing to apologize for, people are not required to answer questions in this world.  However, SlayerAngel accused me of not answering her question when I actually did. Hence the apology.  

If I didn't answer her question, I would have explained why. Or told her I wasn't going to etc....  

Smiley
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 15, 06:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's not going to answer the hard questions guys - she's not interested.  She'd rather tell you all to respect her and call you all thieves.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 15, 06:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
She's not going to answer the hard questions guys

Or even respond to statements that have now been rewritten as questions.  Looks like she's going for the opposite of quoting each sentence separately and responding to it.  Respond to one thing and spend the rest of the post talking about respect.  :wink:

Edited because "each each" doesn't really make sense.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 15, 06:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But she said she likes a good debate.  I guess she lied.  :lol:

No - it's just that good debate for her means thinking what she tells you - otherwise you're not debating with yourself - you harassing thief.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 15, 07:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. When icedMango gave up her FA status Thomas still held her items for pay. It wasn't until people starting having a fit that he finally gave them up for free. Do you think TSR is worse than PMBD? Why or why not?

No, I do not think TSR is worse than PMBD because TSR tells you in advance that they want to host your items forever when you upload them, so you have a choice, you can decide not to upload. PMBD uploads without asking the creator so the craetor has no option to not upload.

2. I just can't see you supporting a site that does the exact same thing that PMBD does but on a worse scale. Do you disagree with that?
They don't do the same thing because the creator has a choice to not upload at TSR. The creator has no choice at PMBD. So I'm not supporting a site that does the same thing as PMBD, they do not do the same thing.

3. Also people who've been banned or left TSR still had their downloads up on the site. Let's say you decided to leave TSR for whatever reason. Do you not realize that TSR would still be making money from your creations? Are you fine with them doing that?

I realize they could still be making money on my uploads and I'm OK with that. If I wasn't OK with it for some reason then I'd have no one to blame but myself because I made the choice to upload there.

Questions answers.
Smiley
NeptuneSuzy
Landlubber

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 15, 07:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But she said she likes a good debate.  I guess she lied.  :lol:

See your questions answered above... I guess she didn't lie...
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 15, 08:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suzy, Piraten act all files for everything, free distributing after Eula. TSR is illegaly, your acting on TSR also illegal.

You decided thus against Eula

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 15, 15:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If TSR tells you that they wish to keep your items forever, and you agreed to it when uploading there, why do they buckle when people get PayPal and EA involved in their complaint about TSR not allowing them to remove their items?  Couldn't they just say, "We had an agreement"?

Why does it make sense to you?  Why should TSR be allowed to hold your items forever, even when you want to remove them?  Weren't you talking about creator rights?  Shouldn't it be your right to be able to remove your items if you uploaded them yourself, without having to go through hoops to delete them?
PutanginaMo
ARR!

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 15, 16:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suzy...
Thank you for being a "sport" unlike other creators that we bug.
Anyway, just want to say that we stand for our rights, and whatever happen, PMBD will pirate until all paysites are destroyed....

Uhm.. Suzy? Can you read? If so please read the EULA!

Weve all been saying this "Gazillion" times!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
For NeptuneSuzy
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 15, 18:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Birthday!!!!! .....

Anyway, NeptuneSuzy allready told us plenty of times that the rights of EA aren't important and can be aggravated untill they finally seek legal ways of dealing with it, and that the rights of your fellow creators is more important.

I'd say, let them find legal ways to deal with it too. That's the kind of respect Neptune seems to give a big company, simply because they are a company..., and paysites are companies selling products. Not community members.

Suzy, you just don't seem to understand that a large amount of people cannot respect people who disrespect others (being community, EA, etc.). You might see that differently, but if you do not understand how these people feel, your argument of respect does not apply for them at all. Respect should still go all the way, and if people see that paysites are disrespectfull for someone's wishes, and in return ask for the same kind of respect they don't wish to give to another, it will go nowhere. If you feel it's not important, that's weird but fine, but others do see it as very important.

Inactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: