PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  25 cents Per Print.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 25 cents Per Print.  (Read 23309 times)
idtaminger
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 20, 17:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Information
Products: 32
Categories: 51
Prices: US Dollars
Customers: 7

Bless. They have considerably more categories than 'products'....and VERY few customers...

My question is, who are these 7 idiots?
torque
ARR!

all I wanna do, wanna take your moneys!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 20, 18:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "idtaminger"

My question is, who are these 7 idiots?

See, to download even the free stuff, you need to register. And registering probably counts as being a customer on their site. But I have no idea who would download that stuff, even the free ones.

torque
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 20, 19:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably. And friends. If he/she has friends.

Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 20, 19:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, barf. Before this place existed I was comfortable assuming TSR was the only true vortex of crappy Sims content. Like Carla Niven's stuff, I want to know who pays for this shit.
torque
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 20, 19:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Downloads
Not a lot of things there yet, and the pictures of the ones that are there are of low quality and the models not attractive. May I be completely honest? With such previews, I'm not sure I'd pay to download the outfits (no offense goes to the outfits, just the pics).

That's not completely honest...

http://forums.malesims.us/index.php/topic,11.0.html

Phelim
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 20, 20:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting site at first glance.  Like:

We'll be setting up a plan where you can become a skin artist and receive 10% commission on all downloads from the skins you created.

Well, that's pretty blatant, wouldn't you say?  I have to give them credit *cough* for not trying to hide the part where people would be making money off this, without paying homage to the usual "bandwidth" sob story.

I also found this to be amusing.  Nothing in the category, you say?  Then how come there are two offerings to titillate and delight consumers?
flyonthewall
Landlubber

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 20, 20:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A 10% commission, you say? That sounds great! I'd love to make two and a half cents from each of the three people that are going to buy my work! I hope the system is set up soon so I can sign up right away!

Blue is considered a calming color and that is why I chose that type of theme. However, I have been looking into changing it to a warmer color like red or orange.

Oh, please, no!!

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]peggy sims 2[/url]peggy sims 2peggy sims 2
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 20, 20:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when I was a child, I enjoyed very much to play pretending to be a grocer, or some other shopkeeper. Collecting fake goodies to sell, build up store furniture with cardboards... there are toy cash registers, toy phones, whatever...

Many paysites are just playing the same: build the store, put a toy cash register in it, some goodies, and so on. You can also have your own forum: spend many hour of enjoyement setting it up, creating all the boards, you can also write down the rules, just as the real forums do!
I bet that a big bunch of these "paysite owners" haven't spent even a single brain cell thinking about the sense of their actions. They're simply playing a new game, emulating what the others do.

I have not decided yet if all this is more sad than disgusting, or both.  :?

ETA: Just for not get out of a good habit Tongue I blame the EA! OfB seems to have pushed in everybody the need of drop a crate in the front yard with a sign "LEMONADE 1$" on it. Smiley

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 20, 21:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Phelim"
Interesting site at first glance.  Like:

We'll be setting up a plan where you can become a skin artist and receive 10% commission on all downloads from the skins you created.

Err why would you ever do this?  10% commission off your skins.  That's like a slap in the face.  If you are interested in selling your skins, wouldn't you just go ahead and do it, instead of having someone else make 90% profit off your work?  The idea is crazy to me.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 20, 21:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's a pretty insulting proposal unless your site happens to be like, TSR or something...

As for who'd download those things, I wouldn't, but I can see why some people might go 'OMG MEN'S CLOTHES!!!' and jump on it...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 20, 22:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, if I were to make pay stuff I would charge like $0.25 per item.  Though I also wouldn't make that crap.

Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 20, 22:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Yeah, it's a pretty insulting proposal unless your site happens to be like, TSR or something...

As for who'd download those things, I wouldn't, but I can see why some people might go 'OMG MEN'S CLOTHES!!!' and jump on it...

Well yeah, this is not a well known site where you might get recognition or respected for being a part of it.  The sheer idea that someone would be interested in that type of offer, from that site is hilarious.  

I find it hard to imagine that these people like Carla Niven, MaleSims ect. are even being serious.  I'd almost be more inclined to think they start these sites as a joke just to see how many stupid people they can get to donate.  Why they think anyone would be interested in paying the inane prices for what they offer is purely mindblowing to me, and yet the sites exists.  Truly the sims community is one of a kind.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
emo
Landlubber

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 21, 03:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't know if the joke really is on them. I think it's on us :lol:
Kids are just weird, you know how they gladly spend their entire allowance on utter crap like collecting cards and so on. I have asked my kids about this phenomena and their answer was chrystal;
See, I don't work for my money, mom, you do! Therefore money has no real meaning to me, I don't have to do anything to get it.

I don't know, it must be kids and blissfully dumb people that pay for that kind of stuff, and the paysites are just raking it in. Well, maybe not this one, only 7 poor souls so far :lol:

oral indignation is jealousy with a halo Wink
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 21, 03:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea you do value money more when you have to work for it and learn that you only get what you earn.
I can't believe someone would pay for that stuff though.
Not even loot worthy.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
25 cents Per Print.
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 21, 05:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does it annoy anyone else when people call their clothes "skins"? If I'm searching for new skintones, and I search for "skins", I expect to find skins, not clothing... in sims 1 when the clothes WERE the skin, it was ok, but now it's confusing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: