PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 18:23:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The people of the sims2 community!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The people of the sims2 community!  (Read 31538 times)
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
The people of the sims2 community!
« Reply #105 on: 2007 January 16, 20:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

remember: free speech also means the freedom of others to tell you that you're being a moron.

*dies laffin*  holy goodness, isn't that the truth! :lol:

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 January 16, 20:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
It has always been my opinion the  more someone cusses in chat/forum posting, the younger they are.  I suspect that it's 8  :roll:

There is no 8. Only 6.

I think....>.>

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2007 January 17, 04:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

get back in your hole!

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2007 January 17, 09:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I could, I'd ban you for failing to convincingly pretend to be 12, as, as Jesse rightly said, you are not acting older than 6.

Unfortunately, I cannot, so instead I will tell how completely ridiculous it is for ANYONE to talk like that and expect to not get banned, or "fucked" as you so nicely put it as. I'm no saint; I have my fair share of swearing. But I usually only do it in certain circumstances in which society says it is allowed. I do not call someone a "mothafucka" or whatever, which is HIGHLY insulting, by the way, and expect they do not KILL ME for it.

You need to understand that there are boundaries, even in society. Even in this community. You are very close to overstepping them.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 January 17, 09:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tchân, give the kid a break, s/he is obviously very young.

Alia, the educational pirate steps in the ring:

ScreamMyName, in case you're still here, I'll tell you this nicely.
It is apparent that you are a young person, and therefore do no always know how to behave in certain situations. Now, I'm not trying to talk down to you, but you are obviously in the wrong place. This is a forum for adults, and   we talk here about subjects you'd probably find boring.  I'd suggest you go back to more child/teen friendly forums, and find there friends who are closer to your own age and topics that interest you.

And when posting in any forum, please, do not use terms like 'mothafucka' or 'ho' as many people find them offensive.

Thank you.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 January 17, 10:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "alia"

And when posting in any forum, please, do not use terms like 'mothafucka' or 'ho' as many people find them offensive.

Thank you.

Given that, the people who I take notice of, and who give valid points, never (or very infrequently) use offensive language, there is no need for it.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2007 January 17, 12:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tchân, give the kid a break, s/he is obviously very young.

I was. I was explaining society to a 6 year-old.  :roll: I have been taught this myself, and it's always best coming from someone with experience. Therefore I thought to explain it the way I learnt it; society says this is acceptable in certain situations--this is not it. I wasn't trying to be bitchy and reading my comment again, well, I don't know if you misunderstood it. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind.

I don't want this kid to get banned any more than you do and I want to help them as much as I can, as much as you do, Alia. (S)he needs to learn that offensive language will not be tolerated. Calling people names, no matter whether you mean it rudely or not, will never be an accepted part of society with people you don't know extremely well. For example, I can call my best friend a slut but she knows I don't mean it and therefore it's not exactly "all right" but she accepts it as part of every day life. However, I would not come on here and call you a slut, because you would not like it; you'd take it the wrong way and assume I was insulting you. There are times you can say such words and people to whom you can say them to. You could call your husband "honey" but I wouldn't advise you to call your teacher that. It's things you learn in life.

Therefore I'm not at all surprised that the child who thinks it okay to call people (s)he doesn't know--or even people (s)he may know; as it has been said before, on private forums you abide by their rules--"mothafuckas" and "hoes" gets banned for the choice of language (s)he picked. (S)he picked the wrong words for that context.

T2, I agree with what you were saying there. You find it much more infrequent with people like that.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2007 January 17, 20:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was directed here from S2C. I did use the booty a little, but I deleted a lot of what I downloaded. I got a little excited. But I am honestly enjoying reading the forum far more than the booty.
It's nice to find a "no holds barred" forum where people are real. It's a little annoying to find that nearly every forum is filled with very young immature people. Grr!

Sarah (^..^)
Noodles
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 January 17, 22:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"
I was directed here from S2C. I did use the booty a little, but I deleted a lot of what I downloaded. I got a little excited. But I am honestly enjoying reading the forum far more than the booty.
It's nice to find a "no holds barred" forum where people are real. It's a little annoying to find that nearly every forum is filled with very young immature people. Grr!

Not quite sure why you're half apologizing for d/l the booty when that's what it's there for not to mention the fact you're not doing a particularly convincing job appearing unlike the "very young immature people" you're speaking of :roll:

Sims Community:  You aren't wrong until it can be proven with screenshots and even then, you're not wrong, it's simply a ginormous conspiracy ...
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2007 January 17, 23:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Noodles"
Quote from: "Chinchillagrl"

Not quite sure why you're half apologizing for d/l the booty when that's what it's there for not to mention the fact you're not doing a particularly convincing job appearing unlike the "very young immature people" you're speaking of :roll:

I was just saying that most of the great creations are free anyways, a good majority of the paysite 'donations' are not very nice.  :roll:
I'm not the best writer, but don't believe I act like a child either. I only meant that a good majority of the people on the forums are under 18.

Sarah (^..^)
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 January 18, 11:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
I wasn't trying to be bitchy and reading my comment again, well, I don't know if you misunderstood it. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind.

It's OK, I guess I just read your comment in a different tone than you meant it. Everything is cool. Hope you didn't take offence! Smiley

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2007 January 18, 14:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Tchân de Bouley"
I wasn't trying to be bitchy and reading my comment again, well, I don't know if you misunderstood it. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind.

It's OK, I guess I just read your comment in a different tone than you meant it. Everything is cool. Hope you didn't take offence! Smiley

lol it's alright, I didn't really. Tongue

Chinchilla, you mean like me then?  :shock: I'm not that immature...not on here anyway! :wink: I'm nearly 18. ^^^

Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2007 January 18, 16:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I didn't offend you. I only meant that often younger members are more easily swayed by well know people in the community. By no means do I mean that all people under 18 are immature. They aren't.

Sarah (^..^)
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 January 18, 16:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

naw she's not offended she's got a thick skin Tongue

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2007 January 18, 19:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:wink: Will's right.  :lol: I'm not offended. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: