PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 13:46:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  2 for u thieving off of Enayla
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2 for u thieving off of Enayla  (Read 60075 times)
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
2 for u thieving off of Enayla
« Reply #90 on: 2007 April 20, 22:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmmm....

well either the site has frizzled and died from the attack from the powers that be

OR

the site owner is back...removing the skintone, or the guestbook entries

Meh hmmm...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 April 20, 23:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the offensive material is being righted. I don't know who's who in there... as far as I gathered it was andymy claiming it as his own, right? The creator I seem to like in there is Chriko and I'm still hoping that s/he is all right.

I know NOTHING about people's personalities as I'm generally more interested in their creations. I get easily turned off if they're not-very-nice, though.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 April 21, 00:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sites working for me, they haven't removed Enayla's skintones yet, or the guestbook entries.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2007 April 21, 02:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not working for me. I get the "timed out connection" message.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2007 April 21, 04:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me with firefox, just added my 2c to the guestbook. I fell in love with Linda's artwork back in my BG2/NWN days, and was really happy to find out she was creating for TS2. Regardless of how her art came to be, I still love it, and what's an artist without some controversy?

Cannot believe 2 for u did this, it just stupid, as if no one would pick it up.

-Missy

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 April 21, 07:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that we're vaguely back on topic I'm going to go off somewhere else entirely...

I read back over the thread because I think I missed entire pages.  I had brought up Poser as a means of creating Sim bodies and I saw this response:

CaptainJojoba - poser skins do not suit sims at all - didn't Exnem use poser skins?

I use Poser a lot to generate skins.  It's great and the figure has pretty much the same shadow pattern as the Sim.  I haven't seen Exnem's skins but my guess would be he doesn't know how to light a Poser figure properly so it doesn't look muddy or gray.  

If anyone is curious this is one that I did using Louis as a base (even though I think all that remains of the original is the feet).

POSER SIM
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 April 21, 16:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rickets: how do you know all this about Enayla? I am very curious..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 April 21, 16:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "rickets"
Now that we're vaguely back on topic I'm going to go off somewhere else entirely...

I read back over the thread because I think I missed entire pages.  I had brought up Poser as a means of creating Sim bodies and I saw this response:

CaptainJojoba - poser skins do not suit sims at all - didn't Exnem use poser skins?

I use Poser a lot to generate skins.  It's great and the figure has pretty much the same shadow pattern as the Sim.  I haven't seen Exnem's skins but my guess would be he doesn't know how to light a Poser figure properly so it doesn't look muddy or gray.  

If anyone is curious this is one that I did using Louis as a base (even though I think all that remains of the original is the feet).

POSER SIM

Those are Poser tits? KEWL! Have them on a sim??

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2007 April 21, 17:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any reason for why Enayla would lie, and personally, don't believe it.  I read all the available evidence, and find it hard to believe that someone who is a teacher of photoshop has been able to fool people for years.

I don't think that someone gets wide acclaim through the internet, if all this was so easy, and just a scam - surely others would do it too.  There would be comparable artists everywhere, and the name Enayla wouldn't mean anything to anyone, because it would just be another digital artist.

If Enayla was trying to avoid all the discussions of her methods in an unfavourable light, why then 'disappear' as you accused her rickets before the whole thing started?

As for the resemblance and matching line for line to the other picture, well, I personally don't think it was intentional, nor do I think it was painted over. The fact that it matches is just good proportions, despite the "splicing" talked about in those threads.  I was looking at one of the skins I did - lilac winter, and thought to myself - well, why the hell did I think snowflakes and lilac went together?  Until I looked down at my typing hands, and noticed my jammies - which are lilac with snowflakes.  Does this mean I scanned them in and copied them? No.  Totally at a subconscious level, I knew it would work. And I wasn't wearing those jammies the week I made that skin - so direct copying was impossible.

As to her sims content - it's free - and always has been - always been given freely and often, and with a free heart.  Just because you have a personal grudge against her and her art, or some obscure tutorial that she may sell doesn't make it therefore laughable that someone would take free stuff and set it up as pay shit.

This is greed and stupidity at its height - and of course not unexpected from paysites - but to say its okay because maybe someone lied about something unrelated elsewhere (or at least some jealous bitter grid drawer somewhere thinks so) is just stupid.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 April 21, 17:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if you're like me in that there are certain internet soap operas that you find strangely fascinating?  A recurring character who always brings wank?  Enayla is one of those for me.

I know a lot of the Poser/Renderosity people and it all started when Enayla entered the art scene around 2000.  There's a lot of "you're using Poser and denying it" back and forth.  Her early stuff is clearly Posery and a lot of people got worked up by her saying that all her stuff was hand drawn.  It's gone on for years.  

One of my favorite things was when two Renderosity vendors made an Enayla Poser figure and there was all this talk of trademark/copyright infringement.  The figure is here:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=22589&

Until recently the really good brawls had disappeared.  Enayla became really profitable for any site she was attached to.  People vanished from lots of forums whenever they spoke out about her methods or description of methods.  It all comes down to the same defenses from her fans of "who cares what she does, she rocks" or "you're so jealous, shut up".
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2007 April 21, 18:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
As for the resemblance and matching line for line to the other picture, well, I personally don't think it was intentional, nor do I think it was painted over. The fact that it matches is just good proportions, despite the "splicing" talked about in those threads.

Look.  The patterns on the dress...the back of the bench...the left arm and shoulder of the figure.  All match up.  What she supposedly drew even has the exact same folds in the cloth.

I've been in a lot of art communities, and that sort of thing isn't a happy accident.  It just doesn't happen.  It only pops up in tracing and/or appropriating an image.  And no one has said it means that everything Enayla's doing is copied, or bad, or she has no skill.  She obviously does have talent, which is what kind of makes the whole thing seem worse to me.  It could just be time-saving laziness on her part.

But saying "oh, she's just that good" makes me wonder about your vision.

And guess what?  Even if she did beat the million to one odds and managed to hand copy half the picture identically into hers, that sort of direct reference copying is frowned upon in the art community.  And the picture still did not pop out of the damn canvas, so she was still lying.

I don't understand why someone with her amount of talent needs to be duplicitous and can't just come out and tell the truth!  But she certainly was lying about that one picture, and I'm sorry you want to be in denial about it, but it's obvious.

Now, I hope that paysite takes her damn skins down, because that sort of thing is just as bad.  Profiting off other people's works is slimy no matter who is doing it, or whose stuff is stolen.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2007 April 21, 18:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed the important part of my quote which was:

I was looking at one of the skins I did - lilac winter, and thought to myself - well, why the hell did I think snowflakes and lilac went together? Until I looked down at my typing hands, and noticed my jammies - which are lilac with snowflakes. Does this mean I scanned them in and copied them? No. Totally at a subconscious level, I knew it would work. And I wasn't wearing those jammies the week I made that skin - so direct copying was impossible.

And I'm sure that if one looks all over the internet it's easy to find something that looks like someone else's  - there are finite ideas in the world.  Can any artist assure themselves that everything they've ever drawn doesn't resemble or even match something else out there? Checked every single image on the internet have you?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 April 21, 19:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, I could accept that the bench looks exactly the same. But when the folds on the skirt match up EXACTLY, too, that's just not possible trough coincidence.
rickets
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 April 21, 19:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because Nouk asked I'm posting this Poserfied Sim.

I have lots of them in my game but all are made from other people's textures.  I wanted to post something in response to CaptainJojoba's comment about using Poser to create Sims but didn't feel entirely comfortable posting up someone else's textures.  

I made this Sim last night using a Merchant Resource by Valae (http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=42568&vendor=178490)  I only spent about 30 minutes on body and face so there's some seaming issues and a few other tweaks I would do before I'd say it was done but for the curious here she is:

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 April 21, 21:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see... thanks for posting. Smiley Mkaes me wonder how many artists use this kind of stuff for their skintones.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: