PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 01:00:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Pay Items Poll at Parsimonious
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pay Items Poll at Parsimonious  (Read 11588 times)
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
Pay Items Poll at Parsimonious
« on: 2007 May 01, 22:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found this interesting...and I encourage everyone to go vote!

Note: The following includes votes so far...only 34 at the moment...but I think we could stuff the ballot boxes, as it were...make a statement.

Currently our Community Finds features new updates from other community websites. Each find is labelled to say whether the items are free or pay. Do you feel the Finds should be restricted to just free content?

0.0%  -  You should feature more items from pay sites in the    Finds, I frequently purchase Sims downloads and hate to miss previews of good pay content

26.4% - I think it is right that pay items are featured so that people can decide for themselves if they wish to purchase the content shown

17.6% - You should not to feature pay items as it is a disappointment to those who cannot afford to pay for the items shown

14.7% - Pay items should only be included in the finds if the site contributes a support fee to Parsimonious for the advertising of their updates

41.1% - No pay items should be featured as it is inappropriate to charge money for Sims custom content and Parsimonious should not be encouraging the community to support this practice via the Finds

Edited to add link...sorry!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 01, 22:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would but I actually can't find it! Where is it??

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Mattie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 01, 22:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Linky for those that don't know it

http://www.parsimonious.org/
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 01, 23:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted in favor of the advertising fee. They should also put a link to us.

More Awesome Than You will accept paysite advertising for the low, low fee of $14.95 a month!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
frivolous
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 02, 00:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omh i thought this was going to be a poll asking if parsimonious should start charging for their CC. i was about to freak out. :|
also BSR needs a poll like this lol. i sent them an e-mail in my best interpretation of german as possible asking them to stop featuring pay crap but never got a reply hahha. :P

url=http://www.freewebs.com/death-to-raon/index.htm]Recolours of ugly hair!![/url]

raonsims raonjena
Granuaile
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 02, 01:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted, and it looks like we're winning!  Cheesy

(I picked the third choice)

0.0%  - You should feature more items from pay sites in the Finds, I frequently purchase Sims downloads and hate to miss previews of good pay content
14.9% - I think it is right that pay items are featured so that people can decide for themselves if they wish to purchase the content shown
8.7%  - You should not to feature pay items as it is a disappointment to those who cannot afford to pay for the items shown
8.7%  - Pay items should only be included in the finds if the site contributes a support fee to Parsimonious for the advertising of their updates
67.5% - No pay items should be featured as it is inappropriate to charge money for Sims custom content and Parsimonious should not be encouraging the community to support this practice via the Finds

ETA the results.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 02, 01:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, there's really only three choices, if that.

Yes, feature paysites.
No, don't feature paysites.
I am willing to accept the existence of paysites if they pay you to prove their existence.  (And even more so if they pay me.)

I voted for the popular one because I'm a sheepy.  Baaaa.
Rae Kira
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 02, 02:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0.0%  - You should feature more items from pay sites in the Finds, I frequently purchase Sims downloads and hate to miss previews of good pay content
14.1% - I think it is right that pay items are featured so that people can decide for themselves if they wish to purchase the content shown
7.4%  - You should not to feature pay items as it is a disappointment to those who cannot afford to pay for the items shown
8.2%  - Pay items should only be included in the finds if the site contributes a support fee to Parsimonious for the advertising of their updates
70.1% - No pay items should be featured as it is inappropriate to charge money for Sims custom content and Parsimonious should not be encouraging the community to support this practice via the Finds

Thank you for voting. - Total votes: 134

Another little update.
I went for the last.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 02, 07:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, voted.
Eh, took the last one just to give them a clear statement.

I should have taken the first one. Just with the addition "So that we don't miss anything we'll need for the booty"

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 02, 07:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted the last one too.  I hovered over the "disappointed" one, but the last one sums it up better.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 02, 07:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted  Cheesy  (the last one)

0.4%  - You should feature more items from pay sites in the Finds, I frequently purchase Sims downloads and hate to miss previews of good pay content
15.0% - I think it is right that pay items are featured so that people can decide for themselves if they wish to purchase the content shown
6.1%  - You should not to feature pay items as it is a disappointment to those who cannot afford to pay for the items shown
8.0%  - Pay items should only be included in the finds if the site contributes a support fee to Parsimonious for the advertising of their updates
70.2% - No pay items should be featured as it is inappropriate to charge money for Sims custom content and Parsimonious should not be encouraging the community to support this practice via the Finds

Thank you for voting. - Total votes: 212

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 02, 07:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Voted with the last option as it's the one that makes the most correct statement.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 02, 08:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I voted for the last one too. IMHO free sites should not have recolours of pay stuff period. (unless they include the mesh Tongue)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 02, 08:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "JMZ"
I voted for the last one too. IMHO free sites should not have recolours of pay stuff period. (unless they include the mesh Tongue)

They could link to PMBD instead.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 02, 09:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I voted the last one too.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: