PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 14:35:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims  (Read 128080 times)
Kiriu
Landlubber

View Profile
Looking for Aikea Guinea's Sims
« Reply #135 on: 2007 July 30, 02:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear.  I think I've already managed to make someone angry, and I haven't been here for that long.  I'm a GIANT fan of Aikea_guinea's work, but that doesn't keep me from downloading her stuff from the Booty.  And honestly, if I came across as demanding, I didn't mean it.  I was just wondering if they were available, bootlegged or not.

I really was joking about getting buddy-buddy and asking, I wouldn't ever attempt something like that in my life.  It's not like I'm out there demanding that she share them, either, I'm just asking for the ones she's already shared with other people.  Once again, sorry if I've made you angry.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 July 30, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, it's a bunch of pixels, and it ain't that important. The graphics card/book comparison is not the same. If my neighbor wanted to borrow my graphics card, I'd tell him hell no because I'd have to be without it, and if he screws it up, then I'd be screwed. If I had an unlimited supply of the graphics cards, I'd freely give them out to my neighbor and whoever else wanted it.  She still has her precious sims so who cares who else has them.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 July 30, 02:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think sharing her sims is all that big of a deal.  :? I also don't think they are anything special.  It's really nothing to get upset about.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 July 30, 02:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They really aren't that good looking in my opinion. The only thing I ever wanted was Tristan's hair and not the sims.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 July 30, 03:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiriu - The comment that actually set me off was "she acts like a 4 year old who doesn't like to share her toys with anyone else", which you didn't say, so technically you didn't make me angry. (I'd say I wasn't angry at all, but I'm not a very good liar.) I've also helped myself to her items in the booty, but only because it's stuff she's decided to share with the community (as opposed to a select few personal friends). As for the other stuff, if she wants to say "THEY'RE MINE, you can't have them!", she's perfectly entitled to that.

Feverish - Okay, yes, the graphics card analogy is a little extreme. (I was originally going to say that it's like getting upset because a digital artist you like won't take a commission from you, even though they have from other people, but I didn't want to get into the whole copyright thing because that's really beside the point.) But while it's over-the-top, I think it's still relevant. If you were going to be out of town for a week, nowhere near your computer, random-neighbour-from-down-the-street would still be completely unjustified in being mad at you for not letting him borrow your stuff.

keirra - You may not think sharing her sims is all that big of a deal, but she clearly does. Writing is a deeply personal thing, and writers have a tendency to get attached to tools that they use for creating. Is it completely neurotic? Probably. That doesn't change the fact that those particular clusters of pixels mean a lot more to her than they do to most people, and because of that I think it's disrespectful to continue to share the files she didn't want out there in the first place. (Copies created by other people are a different matter, more along the lines of fan art.)

I'm sure I'm being irrationally over-sensitive about this whole thing, but what can you do? :wink:

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 July 30, 03:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see your point, though I do think you are being a little sensitive.  If you lurk some more on the board you will see that we are a bunch of smart asses.  It goes with the forum.  We freely say things here and you might get tossed overboard a few times, but we are a forgiving lot of rum drinkers as well.  No harm ... no foul.  You really can't take apart everything everyone says or you are going to be very busy typing.  Lighten up a bit.  Everyone here in entitled to express their point of view and you have the right to disagree and even be an asshole if you want.  Seriously though, I understand why you might have been offended and it is ok for you to post that and direct it at whomever.  Just understand that there is always a lot of sarcasm involved in most threads.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 July 30, 03:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What armywife said.

Also, falln_angel, I like you.  Cheesy  I respect your opinion and how you have stated it.  Your arguments are also very good and I completely understand where you are coming from.  

I don't want her sims, but, I do download her stuff from the booty.  I am sure she would prefer that I bought them myself, more money for her. She doesn't care about EA's wishes.  That's why I don't think it's a big deal that people share her sims.

ETA:  Her mistake was sharing them in the first place.  If you don't want your sims out in cyberland, don't give them to anyone.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 July 30, 03:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get what your saying, but I do still think that at least some of the sentiment I was reacting to was definitely not sarcastic. I do have a tendency to go overboard a little bit when something pushes a button (fortunately I don't have many of them... at least, not ones that can be triggered accidentally), but I've had some food between my first and second post, and I'm definitely not as riled up about is as I was. I haven't changed my views on it, I'm just not fuming, you know? Anyway, I've said my bit and I'm not going to keep going on about it.

And I really don't make a habit of the combined-individual-response posts. Believe it or not, I do tend to ramble on some and in that case I decided it was actually more efficient to address the responses individually rather than try to summarize.

Thanks for not making me walk the plank.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 July 30, 03:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think you were being sarcastic at all.  You were stating your opinion with reasons to back it up.  Very nicely, I thought.

Redlove used to be sarcastic...and pretty funny doing it, but she is all nice now and confusing the crap out of me.  I'm in her head, though, so I will figure it out eventually.  :lol:

ETA: Nevermind, I misread your post.  I can be stoopid sometimes.  :lol:

Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 July 30, 04:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wouldn't consider it the same thing. People only share copies of her sims. She still has them in her game. She doesn't really part with them. If someone were to put her sims in their game and make them fat, her sims in her game wouldn't be. If my neighbor broke something of mine, I'd have to pay for it to be replaced or fixed. And like it's been mentioned before, when you share your sims it's out of your hands. You can't really control what people do with them or who they give them to.

~Paden
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2007 July 30, 07:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "falln_angel"
I'd personally love to have a little James clone running around my neighbourhoods, but it would never, ever cross my mind to demand that she make him available to download.

At what point did anyone demand anything of AG - at no point.  Do you see her email address? No. Do you see posters enjoining others to spam AG with requests for the sims? No.

Chat about what you would like doesn't equate demand unless there is someone to demand something from.  This *isn't* AG's forum - I doubt she comes here at all - so how exactly is this a demand?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Simo
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 July 30, 22:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What armywife and Feverish said..

Falln_angel, I'm sorry that my loudmouth of bitchy words have offended you... I guess I should've written  /sarcasm/ after my "we should try to make best buddies with her" sentence, I have never seriously thought about it, it was just a sarcastic sentence like 60% of the other stuff I wrote.. I adore her work, but I really DO think her attitude about sharing her sims is strange, I totally understand she is attached to her sims, doesn't want to share them with anyone else... But I think she could act more mature about this, answering to a "Can I marry Tristan ?" question "Fuck No!"  is not mature in my opinion but it is just my opinion. Maybe there are some hidden sarcasm in her words..  :? And again in my opinion that is one of the biggest reason, made people want her sims more. I know we can't judge people about their personalities.  And I didn't mean to judge her, just expressed my thoughts here like everyone does... You can think they are total bullshit or not, it is not my problem anyway..

Like keirra wrote if she really doesn't want her sims to be shared, she shouldn't have shared them with anyone else,when you share you can't control your stuff.

And I totally agree with Calalily. None of us didn't demand her to share her sims with us or tried to be best buddies with her then get her sims and spread them to world..

DP sims which I gave their links they aren't her sims they are just fan art like you said . (I'm not sure about Tristan though)
And I don't agree with you about "I get her stuff from booty, because she shared them with public" , like Keirra said, she shared most of her stuff with TSR subscribers, and like other paysite creators she doesn't like her stuff is shared here in PMBD. And you are just a content stealer for her. (Please don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a stealer, to me we are all fellow pirates who want Sims CC to be shared without paying. ARRR! )

I hope I'm clear about all this stuff, like you and everyone else here, I don't want to keep going on about it either..  

PS: I'm twenty by the way...
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2007 July 30, 22:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"

Redlove used to be sarcastic...and pretty funny doing it, but she is all nice now and confusing the crap out of me.  I'm in her head, though, so I will figure it out eventually.  :lol:

Liar. I was always nice.

Can somebody answer this: Why do you guys like her sims so much? Like Feverish I don't really think there's anything special about them. Do you just want them because you CAN'T have them?\

Oh yea Keirra: Neener Neener. *sticks out tongue*

Kiriu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 July 30, 23:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 C th3y'r3 S1|\/| |34|3135, 0f C0ur53.  Sorry, sorry I couldn't resist.  I know chatspeak isn't allowed.  >_>  

I really like them, not just because they're part of the story, but because they're really very pretty (to me, at least).  Also, they are very distinctive, you can tell them apart from the others.  I would also like to see what their offspring would look like, if they might come out as pretty as the original, or if all the Custom Content is what makes them look that good.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 July 31, 07:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RedLove"

Can somebody answer this: Why do you guys like her sims so much? Like Feverish I don't really think there's anything special about them. Do you just want them because you CAN'T have them?\

Might be at least partially true -- after all, I downloaded that Tristan thing just because of hype (although no hype in the world would persuade me to have any of Schuldig's androgynous zombies,  so it's not ALL about the hype...). Then I discovered that the make-up of devoted boozer fits him perfectly, and then that his skin disappears when in water so I had much fun woohooing him in bathtub, and eventually I got kind of attached to that poor ugly bastard. :mrgreen: (Not enough to get any other of AK's sims, though - one of a distinctive creator's works is enough for breeding purposes)

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: