PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 09:55:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  PIMP MY SIMS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PIMP MY SIMS  (Read 82046 times)
Gwendolyne
ARR!

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #135 on: 2007 July 23, 10:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"
Exactly Gwen Smiley I completely agree!

*passes top notch tin foil* Wink

Thanks.  Cheesy

Umm. could I have some rum, too  Tongue

Filesharing at its friendliest

The Simscave
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #136 on: 2007 July 23, 10:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, I knew the top notch tin foil was not good enough for you Gwen... :lol:

*passes rum*

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #137 on: 2007 July 23, 12:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
http://www.sims2likeithot.de/

She also has crap on her front page:

July 22nd, 2007

I am sorry! No update. And it will take some time...
You do ask yourself why? Well, let me explain it to you all:
Due to the discussions all over the Sims2 Community about destroying paysites I have been thinking alot about it lately. I'm not a big supporter of paysites but they do exist and they won't disappear. EA doesn't make a clear statement, so what are the reasons for some people to force other sites to close because they offer pay content?
Those people are worse than each of the paysite owners. They think they can judge about others, steal the work of them and offer it on so-called "pirate sites".
Congratulations, you all are the world's greatest heroes. Ever.
Did you ever consider that you are going to destroy the existing community as well? That you you are also cause hatred against free sites?
Thanks alot of taking away the fun creating stuff for the Sims2.

I just support Solander's decision to take Pimp My Sims offline for some days.

You know what really cracks me up about this post, look at the model on the front page. What regard did she show in her theivery of that designers clothing? None. Did she bother to write to the designer and ask if she could photskin their clothing? Those designers own copyright/trademark to their designs. So it's ok for these paysites to not only disrespect EA and make money off their back, but it's also ok if they steal from these designers, disrespect their copyrights to their designs and make money off their back. But it's not ok if someone does it to them? Unfreakenbelievable!

I honestly don't know if she is a paysite or not, doesn't matter to me before they go passing judgement out on the morality clause on what is acceptable or not acceptable...they need to take a look in the mirror at what they are doing. If they are stealing from a designer then telling pirates how horrible they are, they really need to get a better mirror.

Let me just add in Object files from these cad websites they distribute for free, to the whole community that many are taking and selling without the designers permission. Hair from poser for free or buying and then reselling without permission. Come to think of it, I don't think they need a better mirror. I think their friggin mirrors are broken.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #138 on: 2007 July 23, 12:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the exception being Solander, I had a thought when I woke up this morning.  Those of us living in the US may remember a few years back when professional baseball players boycotted.  Do you remember what happened?  No fans.  Fans were pissed that they loved the game and came out because they were loyal.  If backfired in many ways.  To include huge drops in ticket sales and being unable to recruit a lot of newer players because of revenue.

Why do I find this applicable?  It is a "real life" situation when people thought they were more important than what they are.  Their motivation was not out of the love of what they were doing, but the greed (or was the perception of the public and media).  Same is true in this situation.  Doing something as ridiculous and childish and closing and removing content only hurts them.  It only causes those who are infrequent downloaders of their stuff to wonder what is the fuss about and seek us out and then be pissed off because they have paid for crappy content in some instances.  It causes those who are more  entrenched to roll their eyes and be disgusted at the pettiness.  I think TSR is egging this on, if you want to know the truth.  I believe they are recruiting those site owners with "we'll protect you from the bad pirates, come to TSR, we'll make you a FA, we'll give you Kudos, we'll babysit your kids and do your laundry"

And Solander, we all understand you, you unfortunately got used by people that you thought were "friends" or at least fellow creators with the same objectives as you.  And, there are those who are going to differ in opinion.  Really that is ok and a good thing.  Sometimes the other perspective makes you think.  You shouldn't take any offense as no one here is going to be anything but honest.  And the great thing, if you don't like what they say - you can respond how you choose.  

(Hey Solander BTW at SFV in the thread about this they were referencing how "hot" you are.  Someone posted a picture.  You are "hot") :wink:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #139 on: 2007 July 23, 12:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided this morning to move my site online again tonight. Not because i think that i was "wrong" with my decision, but because of the fact, that too many people, that did not even hear about anything, we or I am talking about, stumble about a site and do not understand, what's going on.

So it seems at least some people noticed my "message" and that's what i wanted to state with my "measure".

Solander

And BTW: What is SFV? Thanks for the "you are hot" Wink

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #140 on: 2007 July 23, 12:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Solander.  That people misunderstood your message, or twisted it to suit their own agendas really is horrible.  I am glad you are not going to allow them to do that anymore by reinstating your site.  

I am a creator myself, although not as good as you-I also get a bit upset when not properly credited as that is all I also ask.  I don't even expect a thank you, just a credit line when recoloring my meshes or uploading it with a sim.   I don't think that is too much to ask for at all.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #141 on: 2007 July 23, 13:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simsfilevault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=301&t=6522

It seems Solander that you have a fan club of your hottness.   :wink:

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #142 on: 2007 July 23, 13:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. And thanks for informing them about the clarification of my statement

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #143 on: 2007 July 23, 13:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are most welcome.  Could you possibly help with one additional thing?  Being honest, has your perception changed since you have posted here and we have responded?   Does the reputation that PMBD has amongst site owners differ from what you have seen posted here? You can read on multiple threads that we don't bash free sites and we don't support stealing - meaning using someone's meshes, etc. and claiming them as your own or not crediting the creator properly.

I am curious for a couple of reasons.  We are under the impression that there is one or more persons who are claiming to be representing the pirates here and who are actually not affiliated with us at all.  We would like to know who these person(s) are so we can - deal with them.

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #144 on: 2007 July 23, 14:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not heard about pimp my sims before. There are so many sites
around, both free and pay. Imo. people should always thank creators
of free sites, i do that myself of course, also on MTS2.

English is not my native language either, and for that i ended up with
harrashment on this phorum a while ago by some real idiots who did not get into their head i was here to HELP,i am still pissed at the same people.

I was very close to leave the phorum for good. And to Solander, when i read your first message, i was a bit confused too, but i understood you're message.

I usually remain silent cause i do not practise english, other than to
read tutorials for some 3D-programs. I like your site, do not let some
jerks get hold on you, or control you, they are everywhere, and even if
i would punch their faces, it's difficult to get rid of the plague.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #145 on: 2007 July 23, 14:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RAWR! I love handsome men with dark hair Smiley
Thanks fro giving stuff out for free, your presents are beautiful Smiley

Inactive
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #146 on: 2007 July 23, 14:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arr, agree Nouk. By the way, even if you are a female, i am a fan of you Cheesy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #147 on: 2007 July 23, 14:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*passes rum, cookies and a big stick to amazone*

I'm with you Nouk.  I have always had thing for dark hair.  Hmm and uniforms  :lol:

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #148 on: 2007 July 23, 14:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks armywife! I needed that Cheesy *happy*

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
PIMP MY SIMS
« Reply #149 on: 2007 July 23, 15:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your decision makes me very glad, Solander. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: