PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:09:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New confirmation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New confirmation  (Read 35193 times)
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #135 on: 2007 July 28, 19:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't say that just because they invite them over, they "absolutely agree" with TSR.

Have you ever thought that the reason EA might invite people who happened to be paysite owners simply because unfortunately, a lot of people visit these sites?

TSR is a "big" site, and a lot of people visit it because they've been doing so since The Sims 1.  They also have some free content, so that's another reason why people go there.

Inviting TSR would only help EA in advertising its new EP - it does not mean that EA "absolutely agrees" with TSR, so don't put words in their mouths.

AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #136 on: 2007 July 28, 19:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
You can't say that just because they invite them over, they "absolutely agree" with TSR.

Have you ever thought that the reason EA might invite people who happened to be paysite owners simply because unfortunately, a lot of people visit these sites?

TSR is a "big" site, and a lot of people visit it because they've been doing so since The Sims 1.  They also have some free content, so that's another reason why people go there.

Inviting TSR would only help EA in advertising its new EP - it does not mean that EA "absolutely agrees" with TSR, so don't put words in their mouths.

Exactly.  I think what we are seeing is mainly some serious advertising of the new expansion pack.  Just by reading the article at the website, it was pretty easy to see what was going on.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #137 on: 2007 July 28, 19:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "AwwBoo"

Oh, and thank you, Ry.  Smiley  I'll be back in bed soon and hopefully feeling better.  Cheesy

You're welcome.
I was sick last month with the tummy flu. I hate it when people are sick..lol.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
FightingRose
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #138 on: 2007 July 28, 19:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I have an example of this! A friend of mine is having her annual Harry Potter party. However, this other girl decided to totally rip off my friend's party (literally every aspect of it) and claim it as her own. My friend still invited this girl, simply to be nice. I'm hoping this girl shows up so I can smash her head in if she mentions ANYTHING about the parties being similar.

Kinda random, but I still saw the connection in my own mind.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New confirmation
« Reply #139 on: 2007 July 28, 19:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it kind of makes sense, in a mainly obscure way.  It took me a bit, but I think the point is that even though your friend did invite the girl over, she did it only to be nice.  Just because she invited her over doesn't mean that she agrees with this girl, who ripped off your friend's party idea thingie, and it doens't even mean she likes her.

Yes? No?  I'm going to say yes, because I can.

FightingRose
Landlubber

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #140 on: 2007 July 28, 20:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it kind of makes sense, in a mainly obscure way.  It took me a bit, but I think the point is that even though your friend did invite the girl over, she did it only to be nice.  Just because she invited her over doesn't mean that she agrees with this girl, who ripped off your friend's party idea thingie, and it doens't even mean she likes her.

Yes? No?  I'm going to say yes, because I can.

Exactly.  Smiley I was so excited to talk about Harry Potter that I forgot to add the fact that my friend definitely didn't approve of the other girl's actions. Silly me.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #141 on: 2007 July 28, 21:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "armywife"
Isn't said place the forums that most sites have where this should be done?  However, when threads/posts are made questioning content or with a complaint, the SOP is to either lock the thread, ignore the complaint, chastise the poster or ban the user.  Would you like a prime example?  Check out Peggy Sims & TSR.  TSR who state in the forum agreement that you can be banned at the discretion of the site for any reason, and no reason has to be given.

I really can't comment on this since i don't know any of the details, but i would agree that if a sincere ask for help gets turned down in the way you describe it's not good at all. Perhaps it would work better to contact them outside the forum?

EA may give their "consent" to paysites, but unless the are going to take the reponsibility of regulating these sites, then there is really no way that they can ban file sharing.  Why?  Very simply, if EA says "You can have a site and charge for content", unless they are going to give a guarantee of quality and workable content compatible to any/all current and future EP's and react on behalf of the EA customer, then it will be business as usual here at the booty.  In the real world of finance, the dollar will always win.  If EA loses customers or has to employ additional personnel to handle or deal with dissatisfied 3rd parties that they have "ok'ed" or endorsed to provide pay content, I would be extremely shocked if it wasn't stopped immediately.  So, in giving any approval, contrary to the current EULA that every customer who purchased the Sims 2 agreed to adhere to, EA would have to absorb partial liability.

I'm not fully with you on this one. Why would EA have to give guarantees for what the paysites do just because they allow them to do their business.
Can't they just say that that paysites are allowed but EA will not take any responsibility for them? (you know this stuff better than me)

You don't have to give up who you are or who you know.  I can respect that and won't ask you to again nor condemn you for your decision.

Thank you, i appreciate that Smiley.
nohead
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #142 on: 2007 July 28, 21:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now we could pick apart whether or not this means anything, but honestly, this is one of several letters I've seen from EA that says that paysites are illegal.  I have not seen one letter where they confirmed paysites are legal and are supported by EA.

How about their reply to HP where they took it all back?
No they don't say anything about the legality of paysites in that reply but it certainly shows that they haven't decided yet.
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
New confirmation
« Reply #143 on: 2007 July 28, 23:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "nohead"
Now we could pick apart whether or not this means anything, but honestly, this is one of several letters I've seen from EA that says that paysites are illegal.  I have not seen one letter where they confirmed paysites are legal and are supported by EA.

How about their reply to HP where they took it all back?
No they don't say anything about the legality of paysites in that reply but it certainly shows that they haven't decided yet.

Did we read the same post?  Yes, I've seen the post by HP.  As I understood it, they needed to work out some legal details, apparently.  They did not give much information, and certainly did not endorse paysites.  Nor did they "take it all back".  You are grasping at straws again.

I will ask one more time, show me one letter from EA that says paysites are legal.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: