PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 03:02:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 809747 times)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #510 on: 2007 July 31, 17:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MizzKitty - I hope you didn't mind what I did include in the second house, however, I really think that OMSPs and the Grand Trianon set are very essential things.  XD
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2007 July 31, 17:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hec I actually took that casa and made it into a restaurant, I'll post pics tonight when I get it done.

Tasha I have a couple of legacies going, Memoirs being the most popular right now.  They are on my sim page, but I am a complete coward to even offer my fodder up to the pirates here.  I am just not ready for the comments and sure damage my stories would take from this crowd.  If you want to share your stories I would personally recommend S2C or boolprop.com both are legacy friendly and booprop is home to a couple of popular legacy writers.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: 2007 July 31, 17:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "TashaYarrr"
Question: Are people actually interested in reading other people's sim stories?

I mean, I figure everyone, once they play for a while, probably starts making up stories in their heads about what's going on, but this is the first time I have this whole multigenerational neighborhood with weird shit going down.

If so, what's the preferred format? What's a going posting location?

Alot of people are very interested in the Sim stories. I, for one, am not, but that's just because I don't play, I just build and decorate.
I don't know of a place where you could post them, though, unless you have an LJ or a ite of your own.
But at any rate, I'm sure you'd get alot of readers.
Oh and as for format. I think most of the more interesting stories are just written like stories. There have been a FEW I've enjoyed reading and they were like little short novels or similar to that.
Good luck!

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2007 July 31, 17:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, although I'm not sure what Legacy means. (I'll go and try to figure it out.)

My main problem is that I don't really have many existing screenshots to work with, and S2C at least seems to want them in abundance. I had 'special events camera' enabled or whatever, but I didn't seem to end up with anything.

Edit: Thanks, ry. Yeah, I was thinking about just throwing the neighborhood's story up on an LJ without trying to conform to various forum standards or worrying about my lack of extensive screenshots.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: 2007 July 31, 18:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legacy i think refers too the same family's generations. Like you start out with Bella Goth (just an example) and end up with her great-grandkids or something.

And as for screenies, just take your own. I believe there is a mod here in this thread that is more or less to help out getting sims to do what you want for the purpose of picture taking and story telling. Notice I say think. I read alot of threads and it may not be in this one, but since it IS the look what I made, it makes sense for it to be here.
ANYWAY.
I don't want to sound condescending, i dont know how much you know about the picture taking stuff, but you can just click the little camera icon and take a pic at anytime during gameplay. Plus you can always mess with it in photoshop or something if you want to change it, I guess.
I used to create houses for TS2DU and I had my own little Yahoo group and forum for a while, and when I'd make a house I would just click the  ... to make the squares go away and snap away.
Hope this helps, if not I'm sorry you wated your time reading it. :lol:  Tongue

ETA: TS2DU: The Sims 2 Down Under. And they are not file-sharers or anything like that. Just a free site that makes wonderful stuff. So please, no one reading this assume that simply because I was there at one time that they agree with anything I am doing now. K? Cool

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: 2007 July 31, 18:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add to what Ry said: TAB is your friend Smiley

TashaYarrr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2007 July 31, 18:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how to do the screenshots, it's just that a lot of significant events have occurred already (births, deaths, graduations, weddings) that I have no way (or at least no desire to expend the effort) to re-create.

(TAB? Hmm. Okay....tried it, aha!)

Also, sorry for derailing the thread, and thanks for the infoz. I'm a longtime player and also a noob at the same time, it's just one of those things.
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: 2007 July 31, 18:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay. Sorry then.  Tongue

I don't know what you could do about that, but sometimes I think that too many pics mess up a story anyway.
After all, did any of the classics have pics?  :lol:
I don't know, but good luck, hun.
You could always start over with a new family if not having those pics bothers you.

Knowledge is limited.
~Einstein
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2007 July 31, 18:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Legacy challenge = take one sim (Generation 1) of your own making, straight out of CAS, plop them on a lot, have them breed with any non-playable, choose an heir, heir breeds, repeat as necessary until you reach the 10th generation.  No cheating; heirs must live and die on the same lot.  Sims can move out but not back in.  (there are rules and variations at LegacyChallenge.com but I'm condensing).

I finished one...last year?  Right before NL came out.  Did stories for the whole thing on my simpage.  It was a fun project with long stretches of boring (to play); stories (and nice feedback from other players) helped keep me at it til I finished.

All those generations on one lot usually buggers it at some point and you'll have to move them.  That in itself was quite the challenge, overcoming/solving glitches.

Pics always helped me tell the story (that was always going on in my head).  Use the TAB key to get Cameraman mode for better pics.  The controls are:  W/S, E/Q, Z/X, A/D (maneuvering the camera); SPACEBAR for cycling thru sim selection (you lose your control panel in Cameraman mode); P for pausing and unpausing; and I never remember these right - Home/End and PgUp/PgDn for going up/down floors and/or putting walls up or down.  Easy enough to figure out once you fool with it.

And definitely tell the story the way you want to, it's the only way.   Don't worry about the pics you don't have and just work with the ones you do/will have.  

Sorry for continuing the derailment.   Smiley

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2007 July 31, 19:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I introduce you to your new favorite photo-taking cheats: "plumbbobtoggle" and "showHeadlines off" . These remove the plumbbob and stupid relationship change headlines that never go away until what you want to snap is over  :? .

I have a Gen 11 alphabet challenge family that I'm playing along with two other 'hoods in rotation, and was keeping up on the stories for them quite religiously until about a month ago (check Kari99998 on the official site). I've now stated that I won't be doing stories anymore, but it's a lie. I actually just got really behind writing for the absolute madness that was the H&I generations and am very slow in getting caught up. I mean, the K generation heir is already a kid.

As for challenges...they are meant to be rewritten, IMO. No one cares about some stupid score other than the 12-year-olds on the BBS. So use them as a guide. Mix, match, bastardize to your little heart's content. This Yahoo! Group has a great list of challenges and rules.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2007 July 31, 20:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"
MizzKitty - I hope you didn't mind what I did include in the second house, however, I really think that OMSPs and the Grand Trianon set are very essential things.  XD

I gots the unfurnished one  :oops: It has a very nice price for an empty house, very affordable. Furniture will come as my sims can afford it Wink Passing out on the floor is underrated in my opinion.  :lol:

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
rabbits_rabbits
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2007 August 01, 20:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house I build! I'm proud of it  Cheesy

RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: 2007 August 01, 20:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rabbit I LOVE it! Will you share please? Cheesy

Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: 2007 August 01, 20:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it! Looks very sweet and cozy. Nice detail, with the mixed stone/wood panel exterior.

rabbits_rabbits
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2007 August 01, 21:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not finished I have 5 unfurnished rooms but I will say when It's finished

*edit* I might rebuild it because I have all expansion and stuff packs
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: