PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:06:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR nukes GoS >=(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR nukes GoS >=(  (Read 20537 times)
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
TSR nukes GoS >=(
« on: 2010 April 29, 17:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd link to the letter sent to Liegenschonheit by GoDaddy however the site is down. Cry Basically they tried to say that GoS was hosting copyrighted files and that they should be removed. (Ha! Whatever!) Liegen made a counter claim and now the site in down.

How far will TSR go? They attack MTS, BlackPearlSims, GSC, and now GoS. This is an outright atrocity.

PS: Anyone who has a Facebook, there's an anti-TSR group here. I encourage if you have a Facebook you all join this group, for obvious reasons. Tongue But yeah, GRRRRR!! TSR must die.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR nukes GoS >=(
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 29, 18:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really puzzles me is that Thomas & Co don't understand how counterproductive this kind of behaviour is. You'd have thought they would have learned after the Reflex/BPS debacle which turned loads of people against TSR who had previously been either pro-TSR or on the fence.

And the thing is, GoS might have to close down now,  but it will pop back into existence somewhere else and so will whatever files were hosted there. The only difference will be that a lot of people will hate TSR a lot more.

But apparantly they don't think that far at TSR headquarters. Dumb, dumb, extremely dumb.   Roll Eyes

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 29, 20:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understood that there were no files actually hosted there, only links to files hosted elsewhere. If that is in fact the case ( I can't actually say positively) it means that TSR is now apparently attacking sites that even so much as provide a link to their little things. Nice huh? Lock your doors people!

I'm sure it's only temporary but still.  Why isn't she on the cheese server anyway?

Oh ya, Johan in 3....2....1

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 29, 20:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the cheese server, anyone else having a problem getting Coconut's site to load?

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 29, 20:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only files actually hosted at GOS are files containing content created by Liegenschonheit, Aikea Guinea, Gelydh, Nymphy, Nixy and Bosie,(not sure who else has the right to have files permanently hosted on site) most other creators and File Shared (friendly or not) content is hosted off site. Technically if it is not hosted on GOS their server host can do nothing to them, and Go Daddy is looking at a whole different lawsuit by Liegenschonheit  since they only copyrighted content GOS is hosting is created by GOS creators who have the seniority to have their content hosted on site (since TSR's  lawyers are claiming they have a copyright over EA's package format and Sims 2 and 3 pack formats -intellectual property rights are debatable since most CC creators get their ideas direct from fashion, home decor and hair style mads therefore all intellectual property belongs the the original fashion designers, hair stylists, furniture designers and architects not any CC creator pay or free we just convert it to Simreality)
« Last Edit: 2010 April 29, 20:33:55 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 29, 20:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only files actually hosted at GOS is content created by Liegenschonheit, Aikea Guinea, Gelydh, Nymphy, Nixy and Bosie, all other creators and File Shared (friendly or not) content is hosted off site. Therefore it is not on GOS's server and they are not responsible any content not created by GOS creators who have the seniority to have their files hosted on site.

Actually almost no files are hosted on GOS. The ONLY thing that could even be considered to be hosted on there would be thumbnails for their download threads. Otherwise it states not to attach files to your posts. Not even download links.

I understood that there were no files actually hosted there, only links to files hosted elsewhere. If that is in fact the case ( I can't actually say positively) it means that TSR is now apparently attacking sites that even so much as provide a link to their little things. Nice huh? Lock your doors people!

I'm sure it's only temporary but still.  Why isn't she on the cheese server anyway?

Oh ya, Johan in 3....2....1

Yep, no files hosted on GOS whatsoever. About the cheese sever, I thought it was because GOS took up to much space or something? I think I remember reading about Pescado calling Liegen stupid for some of the things the forum does/stores that aren't necessary.

Apparently what entirely happened was Thomas complain to GoDaddy and Liegen filed a counter suit against it. Well to file a counter suit, she had to take down their "TSR Sharing" thread, but she made a new one. From what some people on my reading list says is that GoDaddy pulled GOS while this whole thing gets sorted out, and when Liegen can she will try to get it back up as quickly as possible.

What really puzzles me is that Thomas & Co don't understand how counterproductive this kind of behaviour is. You'd have thought they would have learned after the Reflex/BPS debacle which turned loads of people against TSR who had previously been either pro-TSR or on the fence.

And the thing is, GoS might have to close down now,  but it will pop back into existence somewhere else and so will whatever files were hosted there. The only difference will be that a lot of people will hate TSR a lot more.

But apparantly they don't think that far at TSR headquarters. Dumb, dumb, extremely dumb.   Roll Eyes

EXACTLY. What TSR has done also is disabled direct linking to item pages. Meaning if I WCIF'd the shiny floors, I would be told to search TSR. I can somewhat see WHY they did it. If someone has to search the site, they might want to browse longer and be more susceptible to "staying," BUT they basically fucked themselves. Whatever free publicity they got from WCIF and requests threads, is gone. Who's going to want to bother with it if it's going to be more hassle than what it is?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 29, 21:03:13 by Missbonbon » Logged

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Ocean Bacon
Landlubber

TSR IS TOEST.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 29, 22:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was in that thread, and I was kind of expecting something like this to happen. It's fucking stupid of GoDaddy to even do that, considering they had ZERO evidence of them hosting ANYTHING 'illegal' on their forum.

EA GAMES: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THIIIIIIIIINGS
I am a delusional miscreant and Shakeshaft is a theif.
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 30, 00:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was in that thread, and I was kind of expecting something like this to happen. It's fucking stupid of GoDaddy to even do that, considering they had ZERO evidence of them hosting ANYTHING 'illegal' on their forum.

They're fucking pussies on GoDaddy, that's why they shut the site down. We need to go on a new server. idk which one though, that's up to Liegen and perhaps Pescado.

I did talk to Nymphy, (a GoS mod) and she said that she's discussing with Liegen what other things they can do and what server is best. But Liegen is fucking livid, I can't blame her though. I'd be pissed if someone nuked my site. But fortunately there are backups and I think they'll get back to us in a week.

But still, T$R, this is war now. WAR. >=(
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 30, 00:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But still, T$R, this is war now. WAR. >=(

On that note...  Grin

« Last Edit: 2010 April 30, 00:30:38 by Witchboy » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 30, 00:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg witchboy that pic is full of win XD
pinketamine
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 30, 00:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, my first post here..
Well, there are some server problems by now. TSR people complained about GOS hosting "illegal copyrighted files" a.k.a their content. Firstly, GOS does not host files but links to different sites (box, mediafire, etc). Liegen firstly remover the TSR sharing threads, to create a new one instead of the two olds. But today GOS is down. I don't have information, but as far as I know there are server problems.

I got this comment from a GOS moderator in my DW, my DW is public an everyone can read it, so this is the only reason why I feel free to post it here.

"GoS is estimated to be down for 10-14 business days as GoDaddy did not take kindly to Liegen counter claiming against TSR's email. As it stands, we are resolving moving to another host. Unfortunately I can not say how long this is going to take but we are going to be back up and TSR are bastards."

The worst part, is that GoDaddy apparently considers that GOS is doing something "somehow illegal", when TSR are the ones doing crappy stuff.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 30, 01:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every fucking time I think TSR can't go any lower, they sink another foot! Damn it! I have really gotten to like GOS. They were the first to really start the Sims 3 custom content ball rolling. I've even posted lots of things there (jmtmom). I really hope everything gets sorted out soon.

I think Thomass is getting desperate. Revenue must be dropping. Stupid overpriced EA store is surely killing his profit margin.
Veles
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 30, 01:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what to say, it's very sad and sounds so untrue. Can Thomass get any lower than this? I can't believe how far he can go to get his filthy money.

I hope things sort out really soon.

Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 30, 01:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus-just when the best contest was going on, TSR decides to pull this fucking desperate shit.
Why can't they just get it through their head that they are no longer "Masters of the Sims Universe" and have done with it?

Their creators for the most part are asswipes, they host shit, and that's being polite.
Someone, anyone take down TSR, and fast. Nuke the bastards out of the universe, ok? Any way you want, whatever it takes.

I'm tired of them telling us that we're "stealing" free content. EA owns every single pixel ever made, ok, Thomas? You do not. You don't even belong on the block.

And GOS wasn't even hosting "illegal stuff". Go Daddy is so prissy about the whole thing-they should have just said, "prove it in court" and have done with TSR. I don't blame Liegen for being pissed-all of GOS's fans are too.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 30, 01:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, if I had known she was hosting on GoDaddy, I would made the suggestion to leave ASAP anyway.  They have a bad track record with this sort of thing, they've even gone beyond the bounds of what they're allowed to do as domain name registrars and have pulled the DNS for sites merely accused of hosting any sort of content they don't like.  There isn't anything good to be said of them in terms of price or service, all they have going for them is name recognition.  :/
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: