PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:21:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Peggy and XMsims mesh..too close for comfort?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Peggy and XMsims mesh..too close for comfort?  (Read 12814 times)
xfetishgirl
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy and XMsims mesh..too close for comfort?
« on: 2007 July 03, 20:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was browsing the booty last night, and was looking through the Peggy hair, and when i saw this little...erm..gem..-

and i thought to myself, "Gee self, that looks familliar..." and i rememberd, i saw a mesh that looked inherently similar to it on XM sims last week, this one-

now, i KNOW they arent the SAME, but they are remarkably similar...mabye the peggy hair was there first, but when you look at alot of Peggys meshes, alotof them look like slightly tweaked meshes that are found elswhere, to my eyes atleast..I'd just like to know what other peoples opinions are on this, and if this is an old drawn out topic, im sorry, i dont post here much  :oops: i just thought it would be an interesting comparison :wink:
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 03, 20:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XM tends to make meshes similar to Peggy's stuff.  It's been that way for a long time.  I don't really see a lot of similarity between the two.  If the XM hair was braided, then maybe.

Besides, hair meshes are bound to look similar.  There's only so much you can do with it before you have to break out the tubs of hair gel.
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 03, 20:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't see a great enough similarity between the two to suggest copying, other people's MMV.

What did excite me though is that XMsims have heard my prayers and started binning their Fawn recolor as a blonde and not a brown. Hallelujah!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 03, 20:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how others feel about it, but, I like to see free hair meshers do similar styles to the paysites.  The free ones are better quality and have better textures.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 03, 21:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two styles don't look that similar especially as there are other examples that are much worse. I have a feeling that most of Peggy's hairs come straight from Poser and likely it's the same for XM Sims. However, since XM Sims isn't trying to make a profit off of (most of) her hairs I have somewhat less of a problem with it.
Ieliminate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 03, 22:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't that similar, I think it's just that the hair is going over the shoulder that is causing the similarity.

I personally like XM better than Peggy mainly because XM hairs are named better. I can rebin them if the need arises (the binning tool is the only thing I can do with SimPE). I find it almost impossible with Peggy's shitty way of organizing and naming.

XM's hairs are better especially if you find retextures and edits on MTS2 or something. I do not like XM's idea of red, it is the same with Peggy. After looking at Peggy's reds I feel like stabbing the Kitty Fairy Santa through the heart and selling her blood to feed my chilluns(very violent).
Rabbit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 03, 23:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first thought when I saw XM's new mesh was how similar it looks to this Rose one...
giraffeonskates
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 04, 00:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Wren"
My first thought when I saw XM's new mesh was how similar it looks to this Rose one...

I still don't understand the weird little ponytail thing in the back.
lucy_fell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 04, 05:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Wren"
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/BrainStaple/Rosedonate_0067.jpg

That was my first thought as well. I don't really like either of them.

Before I discovered the booty, I was always happy whenever XM Sims released free hair that looks similar to Peggy's pay hair. XM usually has better textures. And no gaps.  :wink:
Jaida
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 04, 16:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like XM Sims, compared to Peggy they're free and don't have nasty gaps or other shit.

Formerly known as SlayerAngel)
Please ask about Monroe's Asylum-it needs your help!!

i can haz witchcraft?
tinkrfreakenbell
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 04, 21:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm concerned, XMSims can make hair exactly like the paysites and offer it for free.  In their own way they are doing their part in bringing down paysites.  I don't see a large similarity in the styles shown but then again, I don't care.
Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 05, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like others have said, I wouldn't care if they were exactly the same.  XM stuff is better and always free.

And I don't see much similarity anyway.

DeeDee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 05, 09:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair is just one of the similarities, i noticed that long time ago. Basically almost every XMsims hair looks like peggy.

And i loved that because it looks better IMO and it's free. But yeah there are a lot of hairs that are not the same, but still VERY similar.

harmari, where the sharmy keepsh itsh weaponsh.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 05, 10:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be exceptionally delighted if all free talented creators would produce free replicas of paysites' stuff.

Therefore, even if those hair were identical, that would be a A+ on my list for Flora; Peggy can go suck all the rocks she can find around.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Diamond_bollocks
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 05, 11:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I know, people request (on the "Message" part of the XM Sims site) for Sue/Flora to create hairs that they have seen and liked but are pay. I don't know if they still do the requests but I've read people requesting hairs and then a similar hair is in the next update.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: