PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:55:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  The Appreciation Thread (NOT the Thanks Thread, Mind)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Appreciation Thread (NOT the Thanks Thread, Mind)  (Read 8148 times)
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
The Appreciation Thread (NOT the Thanks Thread, Mind)
« on: 2007 July 03, 10:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Gramps feel free to move it wherever you want, I don't give a shit, I just wanted to say this.

This is the appreciation thread. NOT to be confused with the Booty's thanks thread, for this is not about the Booty in as many words.

This is the thread of worship of Gwen, Hecubus and Becky (ETC: Lisa was only around for a short time). Because, after all, they deserve a thread of their own with all the work they do.

Sure, I know what you're thinking; we're the ones who find the stuff, right? We're the ones who give it to them. Why should we be thanking them?!

The fact in the matter, is that they've been dealing with the booty for a few months now. All the time, they're updating it. They wade through the items we give them to post them in appropriate forms in folders. They fix problems that we find out. They only quietly ask for help and they never ask for any thanks. They keep the booty updated as much as they can.

Hecubus especially deserves brownies for all the work she does on TSR alone. It must take ages to put all the files up for that, especially when TSR updates every two seconds! (There's been at least 300 files uploaded since I started this post, Hec, get to it!! Wink *hugs*  :lol: )

I think it's high time we gave them gratitude for all the work they do for us. Without them all we'd have is a collection of files and SFV, and whilst SFV is nice, it's not the same as the Booty.

So have a cake, all of you. You deserve it.

(I will unlink them when I get home; I can't get on PB.com at school to put up a nonlinked version.)

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
wishful
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 03, 11:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:lol: Yep i agree with all the above,  they're  so dedicated, and yes even though lots of certain pirates do help out, :wink:  they are the ones with all the hard yakka to organise file etc, three cheers for them!!
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 03, 11:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Brilliant thread, Tchan!  Cheesy

The booty does not just appear magically, there is lots of hard work associated with it, but sadly, most of it goes unnoticed in the background. So this is a big thank you to the pirates who arrange it, upload it and post pictures and updates for us. And the best thing is, they do it for free!

So, thank you,  Gwen, Becky, Lisa and Hecubus!
Also, I'd like to thank Bluesoup, who dealt with booty for a long time on her own. Smiley

Thank you, guys, you rock!!!

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 03, 11:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's got to be a pain in the ass to deal with all the files even if TSR didn't exist. :shock:  I would run screaming into the night if I had to do it. :lol:
Thank you guys for still being helpful even though some people demand that they must have that new hair and see a penis RIGHT NOW! Tongue

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 03, 12:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, thank you for everything guys!! Its all very appreciated  Cheesy I am glad that I can help out with some of it....

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 03, 12:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoooa, I think we need a new cult.

Thanks guys!

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 03, 12:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Navigator"
Whoooa, I think we need a new cult.

Ahh fuck yeah!

And this cult offers booty, pirate talk and orgies right?  :lol: I am so in!

Quote from: "The person know as Tchan, who needs to rename themselves back to Tchan"
Hecubus especially deserves brownies for all the work she does on TSR alone.

I help her a bit with it actually :wink:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Electricstatic
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 03, 13:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phorum and the booty have been at its best since they started organising it, IMO.

*gives them many cookies and rum*

And, of course, extra appreciation must go to the ones who have to plunder Atwat's, Carla Niven's, Spice Sims', and Glamour Sims' crap. D:
callmeird
ARR!

Janeway: More Awesome Than YOU

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 03, 16:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, I never for even a second take the booty for granted. Every time I go there I marvel at the hard work our diligent Booty Gods have put in to keep things up to date and organized. I do what I can to help with subscriptions and 'donation' sets, so I don't feel like a total moocher!

Thanks so much guys, seriously. You are appreciated!

yarr yarr hump hump!

HystericalParoxysm: Pretty sure the last argument the paysites have to stand on is "Waaah, you're mean!" now.

Pescado: Ah, but I know how to defuse that one easily:

"Yes. Yes, I am."
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 16:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Electricstatic"
And, of course, extra appreciation must go to the ones who have to plunder Atwat's, Carla Niven's, Spice Sims', and Glamour Sims' crap. D:

Yes, you lot deserve Medals of Honour or something like that.  How you can look at those creators' things and keep your relatively firm grasp on reality is fan-freakin-tastic!  Huzzah!

Edit:  Grammar is our friend...

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 03, 17:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, gosh.

::::blush::::

It's such an honor! I'd like to thank the Academy....

But seriously, if it weren't for some special peeps, the work Gwendolyne, Bigtruckgirl and I do wouldn't be possible:

The Buccaneers - Evilredduckie, Ash_Redfern, Captain Jojoba, Karu. These guys have lifted some of the pillaging burden off us...many hands make light work! They're terrific.

Gwen's Little Helpers - Tchan, redlove, and barbwirex. They do a great job finding the missing booty and keeping our paysite list up to date. Arr!

The Suppliers - you know who you are. Without your generosity, we would not be able to kill paysites.

Gwen, Becky, and I do a lot of organizational work (we have lists!), and we do some pillaging, but like any ship, it's a team effort. We can't sail alone! (And I may have TSR, but poor Gwen takes care of Sim Freaks...so who's really got it worse? LOL)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 03, 18:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Gwen's Little Helpers - Tchan

I now want a custom title saying that, LOL!!! Wink I <3 Gwen ^^  :lol:

Quote from: "Hecubus"
(And I may have TSR, but poor Gwen takes care of Sim Freaks...so who's really got it worse? LOL)

Good point. Very, very good point. Gwenny, have another cake. *hands her one* Actually, everyone, take a cake. You all deserve it. Everyone who has worked on the booty, past, present and future, deserves a cake.

CapnJ: Yeah, I know you help, it was plaguing me when I wrote it. But you KNOW I think you're awesome anyway. Wink And about "The person know as Tchan, who needs to rename themselves back to Tchan wrote", LOOOOOL. :lol:

@Bluesoup: Bluey scared me, so I didn't mention her. Plus, BECAUSE she worked on it alone, it was different to this. I don't know, whilst she deserves props, I'm not giving her cake. I maintain the cake belongs with Hec-who-needs-a-REAL-nickname, Becky and Gwen.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 03, 18:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll toss out a baaa to Pescado for stompage at his leisure, but thanks to the entire crew who keep this going and, most importantly, have brought this entire assbackward paying first, crying later issue out into the light, helping out the EA customer base when EA won't, provoking rational discussion, bringing about exposure of nastiness, and generally gettin' people all edjumicated and stuff.

Hats off.   Cheesy

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 03, 19:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A HUGE thank you to all that keep the booty in order.  You all are doing an amazing job.  You never cease to amaze me!  Cheesy

A special mention goes to Hecubus, for her hard work not only on the booty but, on her extra activities to help people by organizing "Money Better Spent"

Pescado may hate all the warm and fuzzies...but...normal people need it once in awhile.   :lol:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 03, 23:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
Pescado may hate all the warm and fuzzies...but...normal people need it once in awhile.   :lol:

You know somewhere down deep in the sub-cockles of his heart, he loves the squishy thanks feeling, too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: