PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 02:38:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Just a thought. It might be stupid.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Just a thought. It might be stupid.  (Read 6541 times)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Just a thought. It might be stupid.
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 02, 23:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chemistrycourtney"
Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
OK really did not want to get into this, because all the OP was doing is asking for advice on sharing.

That's true.  I was just seeing if anyone had an opinion on the best ways to say Hey, I know where you can get that, in the spirit of sharing and community, and maybe you have something you'd like to share too.  Without starting a sharing is just code for stealing argument places.  I figure starting an argument (accidental as it may be)  about sharing v. stealing, who's right, who's wrong, etc, is probably not the best way to let people know that sharesites are actually a good thing. And no one stole it, it's been purchased to be shared, etc.  As now, I'm having troubles figuring a way to properly word this so that i doesn't sound like I'm asking for people to confront a hidden issue.  

Another poster a little further up, the one that gave me permission to blast about news of PMBD (sorry, i've forgotten your sn  :oops: )  I just wanted to say that I have no concern about being banned from a site for saying what I think.  If I get banned from a place for speaking my mind, while keeping it respectful of my fellow human beings, then it's not a site I want to be at anyways.  

Everyone has their own take on paysites vs. freesites, and what the line is for acceptable, and how far is too far to argue your point.  And anyone that has an opinion on this has a very strong opinion, which I guess is why it can so quickly disintegrate to arguing.  This is what I'm trying to avoid, see?  Not so much here, since all of you already know about things like the booty, but other places.  You know?

Just put in your tag line....

Hey, want some candy?   :lol:  :wink:  :lol:

Yes, feel free to do as Lily said, blast it as much as you want. Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 02, 23:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chemistrycoutrney, you had asked about Helaene earlier. Helaene's site was what I would consider a "gray area site". Almost all of her things were free except for a couple of donation items, and as far as I know (others may know otherwise), she didn't tend to get overly pissy about it if you shared it, as long as you didn't send it to everyone in cyberspace. The prices weren't bad, at least not in US dollars .... it was $2 for a complete Sim.

A few here wouldn't really consider her old site a paysite. But technically, it was, so it was included in the list of paysites. It's a moot point anyway, now, I guess.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 03, 00:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I remember, Delphy eventually told her to take down the pay stuff since he was hosting her. :roll:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 03, 02:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"
Chemistrycoutrney, you had asked about Helaene earlier. Helaene's site was what I would consider a "gray area site". Almost all of her things were free except for a couple of donation items, and as far as I know (others may know otherwise), she didn't tend to get overly pissy about it if you shared it, as long as you didn't send it to everyone in cyberspace. The prices weren't bad, at least not in US dollars .... it was $2 for a complete Sim.

A few here wouldn't really consider her old site a paysite. But technically, it was, so it was included in the list of paysites. It's a moot point anyway, now, I guess.

oh, ok.  I was real confused by that, especially since at her new forum she has a direct link to the anti-paysite petition, so that ea can see in a different way how a lot of their fans really do detest such things.  since she's stated that she's very much against paysites, i was surprised to see her in the list of "vanquished foes" if you will.

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 03, 02:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote="BigtruckgirlJust put in your tag line....

Hey, want some candy?   :lol:  :wink:  :lol:

Yes, feel free to do as Lily said, blast it as much as you want. Cheesy[/quote]

Ok, stupid question of the day.  How the heck did you get it to say the word "candy" instead of "Hey Want some http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/  ?  

Oh, and I'll blast it alright.  There will be much blasting.  Somewhere... soon.

Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 03, 02:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "chemistrycourtney"

Ok, stupid question of the day.  How the heck did you get it to say the word "candy" instead of "Hey Want some http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/  ?  

Oh, and I'll blast it alright.  There will be much blasting.  Somewhere... soon.

It is a code you put in. You would put it in this way (with no spaces)...

[ url = http : / / url of booty ] word you want to use [ / url]

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
The day is mine!
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 03, 02:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHA! Fantastic! let the renaming of links to things i want it to say begin!  now there is no stopping me! (and other over the top responses to your help.)

spaceadventureGO
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 03, 08:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for posting this, Courtney. I was lurking for a few days before I joined just now and was wondering about this also.

By the way, hiiiiiiiiii everyone :} I just recently found out this site existed and threw a party. You guys are like everything I stand for lollll.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: