PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:38:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Businesses in Britain charge VAT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Businesses in Britain charge VAT  (Read 9318 times)
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
Businesses in Britain charge VAT
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 18, 23:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the very bottom of this very sludgy barrel, is the fact of EA's EULA.

'Non commercial' etc etc.

VAT should not even be entering the equation.

Take Sims away from TSR, = no business.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 19, 00:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very good point which I can't believe didn't even cross my mind.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 19, 00:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. baaaa. Excuse me.
I was having a moment when I thought I might have to think they weren't evil even though I knew they were.
ar... arr...  Arrr!
I feel piratier now.
TSR IS EVIL ARRR!

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 19, 02:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be interesting discover if VAT is handled by PayPal or by the reseller only. VAT (IVA in Italy) is a government tax: the reseller is entitled to collect it, but he can't simply take it by him/herself. When I pay something through PayPal, I have to pay also my 20% VAT, which is property of italian government. He who receives my payment have to forward that 20% to the italian government: usually this can be done rather simply when you have a business: some entry in your books, registering your business taxes, and done.
The problem raise if you aren't a business owner and do not have a business account for taxes: not only you're not paying your own taxes, but you are actively stealing even those of a foreign government.

Funny, in a weird sort of way.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 19, 03:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VAT within the EU is the same principle in all member states, it's up to the individual country what the rate is set at (between 15% and 25%, standard rate), but it all has the same purpose and rules governing it. Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 19, 03:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

us people from other parts of the world don't have to pay that VAT fee, I tested that out right now by clicking the subscribe button lol we only have paypal as an option if we want a 2mo sub but if we want more than that we can choose paypal or credit/debit card.
This can't possibly be the first time someone has noticed the VAT fee...there is no q&a in the database about it and there's no mention of it on the forum...I wonder why there is nothing about whether or not they are a business that pays taxes? They just figured everybody would assume they are a registered business and not question it?
On the "About TSR" page there is nothing about it....but it does say they have 1,240,055 registered members...so lets do a little math (which I suck at but I have a calculator here lol)
if 1/2 of the members buy a 2mo subscription ONCE=$5,549,246.13
if 1/3 of the members buy a 2mo subscription ONCE=$3,699,497.42
if 1/4 of the members buy a 2mo subscription ONCE=$2,774,623.06
if 1/8 of the members buy a 2mo subscription ONCE=$1,387,311.53

there are alot of people that buy the subscription more than once or choose the 6 or 12mo plan....and they have to pay their FA's....and pay for the site itself (I have no idea how much that costs because they don't mention it anywhere on there but i'm guessing it's at least the same as it costs MTS2 if not more)...but even after all that, that is still alot of money they are taking in....
The site itself is owned by another company (which is owned by one of the co-owners/co-founders named Per)...
When I am prompted to install the Installation Wizard, it says "IBIBI AB" as the publisher instead of "TSR" - why?
IBIBI AB is the company responsible for running TSR. Certificates can only be issued to registered company, that's why we canīt have "TSR" there even though we could like to.

So does that mean the company that owns TSR reports the taxes and stuff? or is it not being reported at all because TSR itself isn't a registered company (which means they are pocketing all the VAT fees)?
Caedre
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 19, 09:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"
VAT for foodproducts is 6% and for other services is 19% I think. In Holland.

I thought it was 17,9% ? I had that with economy 1 year ago, but then again, the highest grade I got was a 5  :lol:
mistersassypants
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 19, 17:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
So does that mean the company that owns TSR reports the taxes and stuff? or is it not being reported at all because TSR itself isn't a registered company (which means they are pocketing all the VAT fees)?

No, it means that there is a legitimate business that developed the instalation wizard, and it could also mean that this legitimate company 'owns' TSR and that is the business license they run under.

It's funny how if you google ibibi ab you get a hit, but the page isn't there anymore and the googlecache of it is blank.

vast me harties!  Thar be TREASURE in these waters!
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 19, 17:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "wicked_one"
us people from other parts of the world don't have to pay that VAT fee

That's right: VAT fees are applyed on the buyer, depending by his/her country, and are completely indipendent from the seller: in Europe we have to pay VAT always, on whatever stuff we buy, in whatever country resides the seller, and the % is fixed, depending only by the country the buyer lives in.
So, we buyers are ok with laws and taxes: we have paid our taxes, we have proof (paypal's receipts) of it.
The problem is all on the seller's side: it's he/her that have to figure out how to deliver our taxes fees to the proper country governments, and this can be done only through the seller's tax system. Easy, if you own a business, impossible if you don't.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: