PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:33:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Email from Wood for Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Email from Wood for Sims  (Read 28242 times)
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 10, 18:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I normally make fun of/hate conspiracy theories. Although some are much more believable, then not. Unless of course it is something stupid I did, then it is a a real conspiracy. Honest!

However, knowing the players in this one. I believe it could be happening just like you say. Thomas drives up bandwidth, then runs in like a knight in shining armor. Come join us, and I'll pay you to create for us. Are you feeling mistreated, not appreciated in your community? I need you, my community will appreciate you, and I'll pay you. Of course most will just appreciate you so they can earn a free download day. But you'll feel like a king/queen. Yep, sounds about right.

ive every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.

This above all: to thine own self be true.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 12, 08:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know - I've been wondering about this - did a test.  Sublime sims gets more business than wood for sims.  I don't think their bills are that high.

http://tinyurl.com/2p5xeg

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 13, 12:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
You know - I've been wondering about this - did a test.  Sublime sims gets more business than wood for sims.  I don't think their bills are that high.

http://www.alexa.com

I keep asking about that site. I wonder how accurate they are. Take a look at Holy Simoly and MTS2. According to that thing Holy Simoly although lower ranked than MTS2, because they haven't been around as long as MTS2, and they take that into consideration. Shouldn't they be using a ton more bandwidth, then MTS2 does. And MTS 2 should be using a lot more bandwidth than TSR. The booty should be using more than both sites. According to it, the average amount of people that visit MTS2 averages between 3,000 and 10,000 a day. With an average of 4 pages for each visit. Holy Simoly has 110,000 to 150,000 visitors per day with an average page view of 6. TSR only averages between 800 and 1,500 a day with an average page view of 4 as well. Which to me would mean if Delphy said I believe, I could be wrong...but I thought he said it's 1,500 a month for all his servers and things? And if he has an average of 3,000 to 10,000 visitors a day, then how big is Holy Simoly's bill if she/they have over 100,000 people visiting everyday? Or maybe I'm just not reading it right. Understanding it?

ETA Sorry about that the booty gets an average of 45,000 visitors. But I didn't find anything on page views, which I wouldn't expect since I don't think there are any pages there? Oh and PS some of these number might have changed since I was there last, so not sure how the numbers thing works. I think they do a three month thing, daily, etc...

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 13, 13:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The number of visitors per day as recorded by Alexa is merely a sampling of those who have managed to get Alexa trackingware embedded on their computers somehow, and number of hits or pages has only a loose correlation to the amount of bandwidth a site actually consumes, as the amount of crap pulled from your page influences how much bandwidth is consumed per hit. A bare page like the kind I'd produce consumes practically no bandwidth even with thousands of hits. A crappy page like Peggy's likely chews up a meg or more anytime someone hits it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Randomness
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 13, 21:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily and HawkGirl, could you please edit that link? It's causing the table to stretch. Thanks.
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 13, 21:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pescado"
The number of visitors per day as recorded by Alexa is merely a sampling of those who have managed to get Alexa trackingware embedded on their computers somehow, and number of hits or pages has only a loose correlation to the amount of bandwidth a site actually consumes, as the amount of crap pulled from your page influences how much bandwidth is consumed per hit. A bare page like the kind I'd produce consumes practically no bandwidth even with thousands of hits. A crappy page like Peggy's likely chews up a meg or more anytime someone hits it.

Thank you for explaining that. I was wondering how they would know how many hits a day a site took, ranking, etc...Like I told you before I really am HTML illiterate. So I wasn't understanding how one site could get more hits/page views, yet the other site was using more bandwidth. I think I understand now. Blinkies, graphic intense bad/Bare minimum fantastic. Wink

Quote from: "Randomness"
Calalily and HawkGirl, could you please edit that link? It's causing the table to stretch. Thanks.

I'm not sure how to do that. But maybe this will help:
http://www.alexa.com

Then you just type in the name of the website you'd like to look at.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 13, 22:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Randomness is saying that because of the huge assed links in the posts, the thread is getting stretched.  It makes people have to scroll back and forth to read it.  She is requesting that you guys edit the links so that it doesn't do this anymore.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 13, 22:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soon as we get to the next page, it will be back to normal.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 14, 06:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it even though I didn't think it was a big deal - it didn't stretch the table for me - but I use IE.

HawkGirl, if you ever want to shorten a link (for example, the ones to the BBS) then use http://tinyurl.com/ It will take those big links and transform them small in a heartbeat, without having to worry about html.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 14, 19:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it even though I didn't think it was a big deal - it didn't stretch the table for me - but I use IE.

HawkGirl, if you ever want to shorten a link (for example, the ones to the BBS) then use http://tinyurl.com/ It will take those big links and transform them small in a heartbeat, without having to worry about html.  Cheesy

Ok, thank you! I just shortened it the main page, where all you have to do is enter the site you want to check. I'm gaining all kinds of knowledge from you all. Learning all sorts of new tricks...Wink

PS: Now what is stretching the table? I clicked on your link in firefox and it worked just fine.

JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 14, 19:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The long link got quoted, I think that's what's stretching everthang.

Is it the next page yet?!   :lol:

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 14, 20:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - not yet - everyone pitch in and keep writing  :lol:

When they talk about stretching the table, see how there is a scroll bar up the side, but none along the bottom of your page?  That's because the table is not stretched.  Sometimes, if someone posts something huge, it doesn't wrap the text (and particularly with photos) and the scroll bar has to be used to read the text all the way to the edge, rather than just scrolling down.  That's what stretching the table is.  It can be aggravating - but usually in forums, dealable.  Like everyone said - you get to the next page soon anyway.

Visit Calalilysims

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 14, 20:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet. I'll post, maybe it's the next page now...lol

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 14, 20:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's this topic about again?  Side to side scrolling, Whys and Wherefores?

Thanks for the tinyurl link, btw, Cala.  Today I have learned.   Smiley

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
HawkGirl
ARR!

View Profile
Email from Wood for Sims
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 14, 20:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - not yet - everyone pitch in and keep writing  :lol:

When they talk about stretching the table, see how there is a scroll bar up the side, but none along the bottom of your page?  That's because the table is not stretched.  Sometimes, if someone posts something huge, it doesn't wrap the text (and particularly with photos) and the scroll bar has to be used to read the text all the way to the edge, rather than just scrolling down.  That's what stretching the table is.  It can be aggravating - but usually in forums, dealable.  Like everyone said - you get to the next page soon anyway.

Thank you again. Ok I edited my link too so now they page shouldn't scroll across at all. lol

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: