PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:59:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Misleading links to "free" downloads
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Misleading links to "free" downloads  (Read 15791 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Misleading links to "free" downloads
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 27, 20:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think simplystella was referring to XM Sims releasing old pay items for free after a period of time (after they've scraped the barrel for getting the most money from it).

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 27, 21:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they did say that is what was going to happen, but during the time I was required to reassess them at intervals for FFSS grading (obsolete as from a few days ago) nothing had moved on that front.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 27, 21:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"
Well they did say that is what was going to happen, but during the time I was required to reassess them at intervals for FFSS grading (obsolete as from a few days ago) nothing had moved on that front.

So, you quit FFSS?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 27, 21:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the federation quit *my* website.  I wasn't gonna give space to a community resource at my own time and expense and then get slagged off for it too, so I turned the site into something I could enjoy running.  Smiley

MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 27, 21:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My bad, then.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 27, 21:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google also ranks sites based on how many hits a link gets for particular search terms.  TSR is basically an unbeatable monster when you take that into account.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 27, 21:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the federation quit *my* website.  I wasn't gonna give space to a community resource at my own time and expense and then get slagged off for it too, so I turned the site into something I could enjoy running.  Smiley

Good for you. This is, after all, supposed to be a fun hobby.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 27, 22:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad you took this action instead of leaving the community all together.  I love your creations and admire your talent.  This is a game...and we should all have fun with whatever avenue we take. Excluding selling content illegally.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 28, 00:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "The Game Master"
Btw, I guess Google basically list sites using their meta tags.
No google largely ignores keywords. Sites are ranked by how many pages link to them.

That's part of it.  There is a science to SEO, and most of it has to do with page content, META tags, ALT tags, H1 tags, etc.  It's not just links or META tags.  If only it was that easy!

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 28, 03:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what you mean.  They do continuously release the donation/submittors' items in the free section about 1-2 months after their initial posting.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 28, 05:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "keirra"
I am glad you took this action instead of leaving the community all together.  I love your creations and admire your talent.  

Agreed!

Good for you, Inge.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 28, 07:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quinctia"

I'm not sure what you mean.  They do continuously release the donation/submittors' items in the free section about 1-2 months after their initial posting.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago there was the news item saying something about that's what they would be doing, but there were donation sets going back over years still not free.  It was expecting them to make all but their two newest donation sets free.  Or that's what they would have had to do to qualify as a rotating paysite and be listed.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 28, 09:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I didn't even know they had stuff going that far back.  I had just assumed whenever something was made free, it was newish and for donators/creators, mainly because there were a couple of hairs that came out late last year/beginning of this year that I kept an eye out for.

The latest thing released, I skimmed and saw March, thought it was March of THIS year, but it was apparently March of 05.  Wow.  So it might be bit by bit, but if it's that old, why not just release it all?

I just don't know why I managed to not notice that there was stuff in their donation section before!
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 28, 09:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I can see is that XM didn't release a payset in 15 months, the last was released in 03/2006.
Yes, they said they would release one or two a month... and this month they released a skinset.
For me it looks like as if they are releasing the remaining sets when they didn't have enough time to create a new update, but I might be wrong.

Yes, they still have 25 sets left, and if they go on like now they will last for 12-25 months. There are still paypal buttons so that you are able to pay for these sets. So they technically are a paysite, but since they are not releasing new ones, I think of them as rather a free than a paysite.

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 28, 09:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's part of the problem with this whole free/pay controversy.  No one can really agree on the definition of a paysite Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: