PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:10:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  On a more serious note. Paypal concerns.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: On a more serious note. Paypal concerns.  (Read 8243 times)
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
On a more serious note. Paypal concerns.
« on: 2006 November 17, 10:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a forum that I frequent that has absolutely nothing to do with Sims2 community.

It is connected to the free paint programme I use.

They have a button for voluntary donations to help with site costs, programme development etc.

I clicked the Paypal button, as I feel the need to contribute voluntarily.

I was instantly put off because they are asking for my full address.

This is a direct result of the  actions of one paysite owner, who has  given out personal information.

Because of this fiasco, the site I wished to contribute to has gone without my small but needed donation.

Before the outbreak of this incident I wouldn't have had any qualms giving a little bit back for the help and support I have received.

t2

ETA  I have removed the word 'allegedly' as I am personally satisfied these events have taken place, after seeing for myself evidence to that fact.

BlueSoup I apologise if I caused you any ill will, this was never intended.

t2

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 17, 10:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should ask them nosy probing questions of why they're harvesting people's addresses, and consider what ulferior motives they might  be having to try to steal the addresses of their donators! Clearly they are up to no good! It is obvious that their site is a phishing scam. I would avoid the place and not give them money. Never trust ANY site that asks for ANY information that is not strictly need-to-know.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
tIIsuggas
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 17, 10:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have already messaged asking relevent questions.

They are not 'in your face' with asking for donations.

It is something I have been considering for a while now.  Maybe they never even considered the options to hide non needed information.

I don't know, by experience, I don't distrust this site, but I am generally a careful person when it comes to sensitive information.

I, like other people never would have questioned the paypal donation forms, had it not been for recent events in the Sims community.

Perhaps the site owner could question paypal now, asking why he is losing donations because of the actions of another site owner.

My stuff at  MTS2
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 17, 13:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean. I don't donate (and I mean really donate, not buy something like on sims paysites) anywhere through paypal now either. If it's important enough, I'll find another way to get them money.

I'm here solely in reaction to Rose's insane paranoia. If they'd kept their stupid mouths shut, they would still have a paying customer.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 17, 14:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I've never been a paying customer, Rose is the reason I am here too. I would never have found it had I not stumbled across her antics.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 17, 16:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how the paysite owners' over-the-top reactions are actually serving little purpose but to give us publicity...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 17, 16:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wooo! Counterproductivity!
Vaughna
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 17, 16:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
It's funny how the paysite owners' over-the-top reactions are actually serving little purpose but to give us publicity...

More than true.  I found out about this site only because Retail Sims was having a hissy fit over it  Cheesy  :lol:  If she hadn't made such a big screaming deal over it, I might not have known about this place for a long time.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 17, 16:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would let them know that if shipping addresses are not required for the donation you're trying to make, they should change their Paypal settings to allow you to select "no shipping address."

And it's not alleged.  I have photographic proof Rose was sharing my address.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 17, 16:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup I admire you and feel very much for you in this case.
One of the worst things is that while hoping there are serious repercussions for those who have done wrong, not just Rose, but also those who encouraged her and accepted the information, there is also the increased possibility that they will then lash out at you and the others who have been compromised as in their reasoning it is all your fault.
I tend to think that Rose is a very greedy, but silly girl who never really thought about what she was doing. There seem to be many paysite operators like that. They rake in the money as some sort of right and rarely do they consider beyond post some stuff, get money, yippee! Many do not seem to bother with basic customer support. I guess in part because they don't think of them as customers.
I would love to see a link to PMBD on the Exchange especially as we are just as valid a fansite as any other, and more than many. That would really be shit and fan colliding time.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
CatBallou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 17, 17:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no way of knowing whether or not my info. was shared by Rose. I did buy her files. What a way for these people to say Thanks, I am still infuriated. Hopefully by joining this crew if only to swab the deck so to speak will force more of these blowhards to walk our proverbial Plank  :twisted:
tIIsuggas
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 17, 17:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, thanks for the advice, will pass that on.

As far as me saying alleged, I feel obliged to, as I havn't actually seen this proof for myself (not that I wish you to parade your evidence for all and sundry to see), I have to cover my bases.  As far as I am concerned at the moment, although well corroborated by others, I have no specific proof to channel back to.

It would be great if I could link back to all the evidence, an outsider may have a lot of clout in this matter.

t2

My stuff at  MTS2
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 17, 17:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have turned 180 on this whole issue. I thought it was awful to post paysites stuff at first. But when I got the picture of just how psycho and out of control some of these people are, I'm gobbling up all their precious stuff and feeling delightfully naughty.

Don't have much of a spine though, won't use my real name.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 17, 17:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tIIsuggas - It's posted in the livejournal, and I think someone also posted it here somewhere. Not sure which thread.
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 17, 17:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/3286144.html?view=27494016#t27494016

see the proof for yourself

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: