PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:56:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 13797 times)
IarePINJA
Landlubber

View Profile
Question
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 29, 13:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm tired just sitting down and complaining and biding our time till EA does legal proceedings. Or maybe they're too busy with Spore to actually sue.  Smiley  *lots of hope* Or maybe not  Sad  *downs rum in sorrow* I just can't stand the paysites, especially the stuff they make don't even work properly sometimes, or are just ugly. How could PEOPLE PAY for that stuff?

And Jojo, heres some crap you might want to know about your pro-paysite stand. (Pardon me if you changed your stance)

*Paysites have never started an open campaign to eradicate us. (Reason? Doing so would make publicity to us.)
*Any mention of PMBD on any paysite will most likely get your ass banned (For "advertising")
*What Lorelei said (excellent job on that *thumbs up*)
*Paysites have only sent cease and desist letters to us, and not many of them do.(2 possible reasons. 1. We could find out where they were and dig up more dirt about them. Then, in the middle of the night, we would send pirates to capture them and make them walk the plank. 2. They know it won't work.)

What does this show, paysites KNOW they are in the wrong, but they refuse to stop it, because they don't believe EA would sue them. But I worry... what happens if TSR, Peggy and others PAID EA so that they would turn a closed eye to them. *sweat sweat sweat*  :shock: I need reassurance.  :cry:

quote="Duckie"]I wonder if the Russian woman had any marshmallows handy? One should always have marshmallows at a weenie roast...[/quote]

LOL
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
Question
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 29, 14:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "IAMZAPINJA"

*What Lorelei said (excellent job on that *thumbs up*)

Thanks!

And to pro-paysite people:

Have you tried writing to EA yourself?

Why not?

Do you fear that calling attention to your activities might cause them to look into your activities sooner than later?

If you truly feel that you are doing nothing wrong, then ask EA directly what they think, and don't waste time dealing with middlemen like us.

Do feel free to post screenshots of your correspondence here.

Do you need contact information? Just ask.

We would LOVE for you to write EA and get told directly that your activities are illegal. Maybe then you'd stop trying to argue with us, which is futile. and start arguing with EA, which is even more futile but will save us the aggravation of repeating the same very simple concept over and over again to you.

If any item of content is unavailable unless money exchanges hands, it is a sale.

Commercial profit from Sims 2 content is against the contract you signed, which is a legally binding agreement.

If you sell anything designed specifically to work for the Sims 2 games, you are breaking the law.

Don't like it? Write EA.

Please.

Here's a handy cut and paste letter to send, but feel free to write your own:

"Dear EA:
I run a Sims 2 fansite. Its address is http://yoursitehere.whatever.

I offer X items on this site. X items are free for anyone to download, and X items are available only if the visitor to my site pays me X amount of currency.

Is it okay for me to sell X items for X amount of currency?

I do this because insert excuse / reason here. Is this against the terms of the EULA I (supposedly) read and clicked "I agree" to when I installed your games?

Please advise. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Yournamehere."

There you go. Now please go ask EA directly. Be sure to go to the parent company site for the most accurate and swift responses, as it is the parent company who will set the terms for all other satellite companies involved with the Sims 2 games worldwide.

Cheers.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Lhop
ARR!

View Profile
Question
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 30, 08:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh man I almost wish I had a paysite so that I could copy and paste that letter and send it, just to read the reply...
Then again, I guess I could always just say I am thinking of starting a paysite.
Pucci
ARR!

View Profile
Question
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 30, 09:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully you'll let us know about the reply you get, Lace.
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
Question
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 30, 10:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysite owners seem to lack common sense, so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of them complain to EA "I can't sell your property to feed my chilluns, because of mean pirates.".  :roll:  

I would like to be a fly on the wall when THAT letter rolls in. :lol:  :lol:

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
Question
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 04, 20:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That they replied to you to tell you they'll be, erm...replying to you sort of doesn't leave me expecting too much from these people :roll:  :lol:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
DeeDee
ARR!

View Profile
Question
« Reply #51 on: 2007 July 05, 09:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lace"
Well l got a reply today, it stated that they will be sending a reply (lm being dealt with so to speak!).

Sooo....l will update when l get the er... reply  :?

Lace.

:lol: That made me laugh.

Looks like they just want to leave everything to us to deal with. And grab some money on the way. They should open a paysite.

Oh, wait...

harmari, where the sharmy keepsh itsh weaponsh.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: