PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:55:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  O GOD O GOD!!! Some pirate wisdome please!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: O GOD O GOD!!! Some pirate wisdome please!!!  (Read 16616 times)
TheVanity
ARR!

View Profile
O GOD O GOD!!! Some pirate wisdome please!!!
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 20, 23:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, their items are superb quality-wise, but it shouldn't be an excuse to charge for them AND recieve free pass among us.  

Insim got HolySimoly donation ?  :shock:
whaaat?

quot;I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 20, 23:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree with you, TheVanity. It shouldn't be an excuse for them to get a free pass from us. They won't be getting one from me any longer.

As for the donation:

I gave the donation I was going to give to Holy Simoly to Insim instead.  It's better to support free sites than paysites regardless of how much I love their stuff. Smiley

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 21, 02:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I've seen a site do "donation items" in an acceptable fashion is XMSims' way.  You get it a month before everyone else if you donate or are a creator.  If you want it for free, wait a little while and there it is.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 21, 04:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing the tentativeness toward HolySimoly is due to the quality and craft of their free stuff, of which there is much.  Yes, technically they come in under the paysite category for those 2 'donation' packs (which I purchased literally 10 minutes before I found out about the Booty).  I rationalize - 10 bucks US for lots of stuff I always use, versus whatever Maxis stuffpacks cost, stuff I won't touch with a barge pole.

The cease and desist letter is disheartening, only because it seemed they were staying out of this whole thing.  They can't possibly not know about the Booty - but the Booty's been paid for...I'm rambling, sorry.

I found it interesting that they recently put their 50's fridges up for free after revamping for Seasons - they were formerly part of a donation pack.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Broomhilda
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 21, 04:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see a list of all sites with traffic and dollar amounts so you would know who needs the donations. I think most people would donate more if they could actually see where money was and was not needed. If every site was free, I don't see how it wouldn't work. You know we aren't going to watch a place close because of bills. It's a lot different when you don't know how much profit someone is getting , or worse when you kind of do know. (like TSR)

url=http://www.freewebs.com/moneybetterspent/]Money Better Spent[/url]
Yunaleska
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 June 21, 07:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say... i don't know if they give up on me... or is just that they'r up to something... 24 hours without any hate or theratring mail... record!!!

Thank you all for your support, i will let you know how it goes ok??
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 June 21, 14:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy Simoly is way better than most. I'm not really an anti paysite fundamentalist, so I don't feel the need to draw such sharp lines. If all paysites were like Holy Simoly, with 2 small donation sets and oodles of great, free content, this site would never exist.

I was considering donating to them anyway, but the cease and desist letter bothers me a lot. I wish they would stay out of the fray.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 June 21, 23:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mm, well, people would still want to fileshare since there would still be that exclusivity going on, and some of the site owners would get butthurt about it, even if they only have one or two donation items/sets.  (Like Retail Sims.)

I think their attitude and behaviour has a lot more to do with it than how much money they're raking in, although that is definitely a point of interest.
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 June 22, 02:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I use a good P2P prgram called Foldershare, and "own" and moderate a few Yahoo groups, and a few of my yahoo pals have suggested at times, starting a Sims 2 group, posting downloads for a month at a time, then rotate them into Foldershare. That way we wouldn't use up all the files storage space at Yahoo groups, and could "recycle" the storage, so to speak. And the previous downloads could come from anyone who also had Foldershare in the group, and had it running. I'm still kicking the idea around, though.

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
evilragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 June 22, 03:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yunaleska, why won't you just upload your lots to Exchange, giving fully credits to the creators of the cc you used, put the links on your forum and let the bullies deal with EAxis itself?
Yunaleska
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 June 22, 06:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilragdoll"
Yunaleska, why won't you just upload your lots to Exchange, giving fully credits to the creators of the cc you used, put the links on your forum and let the bullies deal with EAxis itself?

That's been done frome the begining...
I will NEVER neglecte credis!
evilragdoll
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 June 22, 20:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean to imply that, sorry :oops:, I know you have given them credit. It's just that Exchange is hated by all paysites, even more now that the meshes go with the objects and there's nothing they can do to stop that. There's a part in me that would love to see them trying to convince Eaxis to delete your lots from their database. :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: