PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:46:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Peggy's new pay hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Peggy's new pay hair  (Read 24835 times)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 19, 23:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Redonkulous"
I'm gonna check in bodyshop what it looks like on a teen, because I think it's fine for me.

It's the animation that's pushing the hair into the face like that.. it's not a problem when the sim is stationary.  (You will not see the problem in Body Shop.)

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 19, 23:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In bodyshop most hairs look nice. But once the sim starts moving, the animation is quite weird. This time it's the bangs that move through the head, the last ponytail was animated, but just the lower third which moves were really weird, same with some other new hair. And some pretty old hairs moved through the body as a whole.
I don't know if it is really hard to animate a hair in a nice way, but I'd prefer stiff hair over weird animation. I hoped that their animation skills developed and improved since they first tried, and some hairs have been ok when only certain parts were animated, but things like these are just a sign for bad work.

katra
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 20, 03:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick look at the teen hairmesh in milkshape shows that someone was drunk or rushed when it was made since every single bone in the entire teen mesh is assigned to b_hair.  I fixed the hair group (and fixed the neck gap as an added bonus) before I realized it was all of the layers not just the one.  I'm going to fix it all since I like the hair, but I'm too sleepy now Smiley
fionaskye
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 20, 05:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "katra"
I'm going to fix it all since I like the hair...

Make sure you demand a cut of whatever Peggy and her Minions of EVILLE are making off their craptacular crap, since you know...  You actually did their work for them, since they couldn't be bothered.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 20, 05:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "katra"
A quick look at the teen hairmesh in milkshape shows that someone was drunk or rushed when it was made since every single bone in the entire teen mesh is assigned to b_hair.  I fixed the hair group (and fixed the neck gap as an added bonus) before I realized it was all of the layers not just the one.  I'm going to fix it all since I like the hair, but I'm too sleepy now Smiley

You should post it when you're done. Either here or at SFV.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 20, 06:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or both, since not all of us visit SFV, and not everyone who visits SFV goes here.  :wink:

I wouldn't doubt that Juice was drunk when he made the hair.  They've got to be drinking some quality stuff with the money they're making.
shakiyla
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 20, 07:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughing tooooooo hard to comment*
Pirate Gem
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 20, 07:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats horrible...

I dont care if its ONLY the teen part that was having issues, if ANY of it is having issues you just DO NOT SELL IT TO PEOPLE!

You wouldnt sell a Plasma TV that you couldnt adjust the sound on would you?

You just dont sell an unfinished product, if its not finished, if you cant fix it, if its bugged, no matter which way or what, you just scrap it, or put it aside tofix it and go onto something else, or just fix it all together before you put it up for sale.

This is sad.

~Phorum Troll Killa for hire!~~~
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 20, 07:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be juice is finally cracking under the pressure of working for the crazy pixie lady.

Or maybe, it's a coded message. Something along the lines of, "HELP ME! SHE'S INSANE!"

We may never know.
katra
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 20, 12:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Carisssa"
In bodyshop most hairs look nice. But once the sim starts moving, the animation is quite weird. This time it's the bangs that move through the head, the last ponytail was animated, but just the lower third which moves were really weird, same with some other new hair. And some pretty old hairs moved through the body as a whole.
I don't know if it is really hard to animate a hair in a nice way, but I'd prefer stiff hair over weird animation. I hoped that their animation skills developed and improved since they first tried, and some hairs have been ok when only certain parts were animated, but things like these are just a sign for bad work.

I don't actually know how she animates hair, but the meshes I looked at are all set at skin wghts:1 which severely limits how you can animate.  I had to change this value to do something simple like fix the neck gap.  I don't know much about other ways to make hair than with milkshape or the ways people first made hair, since I only started to fool with it this year, so I don't know why you would do it this way.  I suspect that this causes the jerky animation.  Someone like Nouk would know better, however.  By contrast if you look at one of her hairs, she's assigning the same vertex to multiple bones to get a much nicer and smoother result.  

Or both, since not all of us visit SFV, and not everyone who visits SFV goes here

I'll do that when I'm done, though it's just going to have his (her?- is juice a girl?) original animation, which I will not vouch for Smiley

Make sure you demand a cut of whatever Peggy and her Minions of EVILLE are making off their craptacular crap, since you know... You actually did their work for them, since they couldn't be bothered.

Ah if only, then I could stay home from work today!  Hmmm...I'm a pretty good hair mesh fixer right now, but learning the making from scratch perhaps I'm ignoring a lucrative opportunity..... :twisted:
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 20, 12:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh so worth your money  :lol:  :lol:

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

katra
Landlubber

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 20, 14:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay here is my fix.  As an added bonus I fixed the neck gap on the other ages, while I was poking at it.  I tested it a bit in that I looked at all the ages and made sure they didn't blow up when they were animating (which seems to be more than was done originally).  It could use some more testing, so guniea pigs....er...kind helpful testers are welcome.  I didn't change the animations, except to make the teen hair and scalp not move independantly of the rest of the sim, and to be identical to the other ages in animation.  So if the animations are funky you know who to call Smiley.

This is just a mesh replacement and not recolors, so it needs to replace the original Peggy mesh and you need to have recolors installed for it to work.  Let me know if it works (or not) for you.  If all is well with it I'll post it on SFV as well.  Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?62mw1ee9fpj
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 20, 14:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, this comes in handy because I'm just recoloring the hair.
I'll test it later today.

monieeka
ARR!

View Profile
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 20, 15:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for fixing it! I actually really liked how the hair looks, the animation was just a little disturbing. haha

Isn't it pretty to think so?
Chinchillagrl
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Peggy's new pay hair
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 20, 16:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for fixing! Smiley

It makes me so mad that neither Peggy or Juice can be bothered to even open up their games and test the dang hairs they actually expect payment on. Jerks. They just piss me off.

Sarah (^..^)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: