PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:39:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  wicked sims & hosted sites temporarily offline
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: wicked sims & hosted sites temporarily offline  (Read 32108 times)
wicked_one
ARR!

View Profile
wicked sims & hosted sites temporarily offline
« Reply #60 on: 2007 June 24, 04:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lourdes"
So is this the norm and acceptable to have a host where you have to go through hell and high water to speak to a live tech support person?

I dont think the problem is getting to a live op, i think the problem is getting anyone to actually do what they say theyre going to do or what you expect they should do?
I mean she said the live op told her they were going to investigate, then they ignore her for awhile and when she asks how the investigations going they tell her its her problem--because they dont want to investigate? Or they are hoping she wont be able to fix the problem so they can force her to upgrade?
Either way its shittastic service, and unfortunately, is to be expected from shared hosting.
I hope if she leaves she can get a refund
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 June 24, 04:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vermillionclouds"
Livejournal got hit too?

They theorized that it was due to Russians protesting the mentions of DPNI.

Just a few hours it was impossible to post messages that contained the following links: “ru_nbp”, “nbp_ru” [NBP is the National Bolshevik Party], “ru_politics” и “dрni” [DPNI is the Movement Against Illegal Immigration] (the last one is written with the Russian “p” because Latin script is still not being let through). It doesn’t matter what my attitude toward NBP or DPNI is. What’s important is that a purposeful pressure on democracy is taking place and the citizens’ constitutional right of free access to information is being limited.

For more on what that is, GoogWikiHoo for you.

If you care, of course.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Nokomys
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 June 24, 08:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YEA!

Update June 23 1145pm PST:

Although I havent gotten ahold of a live person @ the host, I have some news for you. Nouk and I will be sharing a server from Kathy@Insim. She will be doing all the tech stuff and we will have a donation button up in case any of you want to help us pay for the server. It could take up to 3 days for the server to be ready. Once it's ready we will make the move and hopefully not have anymore problems Smiley So Big Thank You to Nouk and Kathy!!
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 June 24, 08:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is the first time i could get to PMBD or MATY since tuesday. I think it was tuesday? I couldnt even get to SFV. Im glad to see this forum & all here are well.

Was PMBD, MATY & SFV attacked as well? All i got was a 404 error *Or what ever its called lol* when trying to access this site. Same with SFV.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Deckhand Dollface
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 June 24, 09:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think sfv is having a major revamp....

vermillionclouds
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 24, 13:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More reasons why Nouk and Kathy are awesome!

As for the livejournal thing, I read about that dpni thing. Didn't really care much about it since I'm no way involved with russian politics. Nor do I care if LJ starts sensoring. I can always go somewhere else. *shrug*

I'm really wondering why people keep asking if PMBD/MATY/SFV are getting hit. I haven't had any problems with them at all but it seems like a bunch of others are. I think it's probably just high traffic from normal people or they need to clear their cache. Or something else easily explained.
atgnat
Landlubber

View Profile
BIG THANK YOU!!
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 25, 06:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nouk and Kathy!   :lol:
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 25, 09:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "vermillionclouds"

I'm really wondering why people keep asking if PMBD/MATY/SFV are getting hit. I haven't had any problems with them at all but it seems like a bunch of others are. I think it's probably just high traffic from normal people or they need to clear their cache. Or something else easily explained.

I'm on dialup, using FFox, and I have had ZERO problems getting into PMBD or MATY. SFV, I haven't tried.

Clear history, clear cache, use FireFox, try again.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 25, 12:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lourdes"
So is this the norm and acceptable to have a host where you have to go through hell and high water to speak to a live tech support person?

Pretty much, yeah. Tech support is traditionally both awful and clueless when it comes to the webhosting business.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 25, 15:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lwerszva"
Quote from: "Navigator"
Yes, it is possible that the community has attracted some random black hat out there - but it is still not very likely.

Tis like ye jus' happen t' find an untouched keg o' rum inside yer coat a hot tide on th' sea - 't can happen, but 'tis ridiculously unlikely!  :lol:

Navigator, I'm a little worried about you and that pirate lingo translator.

Whaterefor?  Cheesy

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
Jessica purchased a server.
« Reply #70 on: 2007 July 01, 14:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to email her to find out if there was anything i could do to help, and if there was a donation drive, i'd be happy to donate to it, etc.  this was my reply back.

"Hi
Thank you for your email.
We were having alot of problems (attacks, host refusing to investigate, cpu usage hit the max allowed, etc) and decided to purchase a server.
I just bought the server yesterday and it will take about 3 days before it will be ready for me. Then we will be going through the moving process. So it will still be a little bit longer before my site, and all the other hosted sites will be back online.
All the content has been backed up so nothing will be lost in the process Smiley
Thank you for your support and kindness, I am hoping all will go back to normal soon.

~*~Jessica~*~

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Duckie
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2007 July 01, 22:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's wonderful news. I'm glad she's getting it all sorted out. I'd been wondering if everything was working out for her but being busy I haven't had a chance to check up on her. Thanks for the update. Cheesy

b]DerailedSims2 ~ Money Better Spent![/b]
(Derailed's been updated!)
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 July 01, 22:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "evilredduckie"
That's wonderful news. I'm glad she's getting it all sorted out. I'd been wondering if everything was working out for her but being busy I haven't had a chance to check up on her. Thanks for the update. Cheesy

no problem.  i was surprised that i got such a prompt response back in my email box.  (i'd just sent the email the day before.)  With as busy as they've all been trying to sort out the mess with their sites, I more figured they could read my email for morale boosts and a nice thinking of you quality, but since I got the reply, I figured everyone would want to know the general progress.   Smiley   I'll be glad for all of those sites when it gets back up and running again.  I'm sure they will be as well.

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

View Profile WWW
not to be excessive..
« Reply #73 on: 2007 July 09, 17:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so not to keep talking about this, but there's a new message at Wicked Sims 2.  Here it is:

Update July 5: Purchased a server and am working on setting it up. Unfortunately I have never setup a server before so I'm trying to figure it out and am looking for help. Once it is ready we will be in the process of moving. Please be patient Smiley

Ok, so i have no idea how to set up servers, but maybe some of you do, and could help them out?  That's it for my update on Wicked Sims 2.  I'll keep looking until they work again...

Blodeuwedd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 July 09, 20:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got a simmilar email from Jess. I do hope the sites go back online soon ansd if there is a way to help (donation drive) I'll be glad to help!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: