PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:44:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Wicked Sims takes a stand
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wicked Sims takes a stand  (Read 28169 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Wicked Sims takes a stand
« Reply #90 on: 2007 June 20, 02:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Need to see about getting that log to various authorities as well, since it does seem that things are coming to a new point.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 June 20, 06:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for those who enjoy a good conspiracy theory, zeldap has thread bombed S2C again... Hmm.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 June 20, 08:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pariland"
And for those who enjoy a good conspiracy theory, zeldap has thread bombed S2C again... Hmm.

Heh I noticed. What did he post?

Gah trolls, they do my head in. I had read that they (the advocates of truth shitters people) where all going to rejoin and spread the 'truth' again  :roll: Do these tossers have lives?!

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 June 20, 15:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was basically the same pro-paysite dreck disguised as the Delphy sex offender manifesto.

But really, it's only about the children.  The children need paysites to be safe in the world.

I'm pretty sure Infernal also put in an appearance under a new name.  The unstructured arguments, ridiculous comparissons and bandwagon bully mentality are a dead giveaway.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 June 20, 17:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But really, it's only about the children.  The children need paysites to be safe in the world.

Now I have "For the sake of the children" from Nashville movie stuck in my head.  :?

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 June 20, 17:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was basically the same pro-paysite dreck disguised as the Delphy sex offender manifesto.

:roll:

Excuse me whilst I go barf in a teacup...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Lourdes
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 June 20, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit just when iced mango leaves TSR *pout*
Derange
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 June 22, 01:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, I miss all the fun stuff! Sad
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 June 22, 06:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Derange"
God, I miss all the fun stuff! Sad

Stay around. There is never any shortage here.
Have some rum.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2007 July 16, 04:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Quorneater"

Edited:  Just wanted to add I never intended to be running the FFSS personally in the first place.  I was just lending the space and domain costs similar to what I did with the Poser Initiative.  The idea was I would just do the technical admin and it would be run by whoever the members elected to run it.  Eventually everyone asked me to take over running it because everyone was fighting.   I really really would not be sorry to be able to use this thread as my excuse to have a hissy and close the whole thing. Cheesy

I was one of the people who did NOT ask you to take over...we were given no choice. And that is why I left...after everyone else I respect...Nouk and Kath, and T2Suggas, et. al. left...I was still stupid enough to try to get you to stay on task and keep the FFFSS going. But it eventually ended up as you deciding to take over and impose your opinions, ever-changing and nebulous as they were, on everyone else. I finally realized that your hard line against PMBD, but your soft line against pay sites, were too hard to try to make sense of. That is why I never go there anymore.

It became obvious that you were not really interested in the free content movement, but were deeply enjoying making rules and punishing free site owners (including myself) for not toeing the ever-shifting line. I told you once, Inge, and I will say it again. You have serious control issues. Seriously. But I don't have to deal with them. Yay!

Sorry I found this a month later.  :wink:

Still watching you guys
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: 2007 July 16, 04:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Inge, I don't personally dislike you, and I don't think I've done anything particularly rude. I do dislike all the rules and 'ethics' of ffss, and I have read the threads on your site explaining why things are the way they are. Here are what I think are some of the problems:

1. You're trying to protect everyone, and instead are disallowing each site to make their own policy. That may be okay to a small group of site owners that just don't want anyone to touch their stuff, but the majority of website owners leave places like MTS2 and Insim so that they have greater control over their stuff, not less. Asking everyone who signs up to abide by rules voted on and handed down as absolutes won't fly, the internet is not a democracy.

2. Having many restrictions on what is a 'free' site. In my opinion, any site that has 100% free content should be listed as a free site. End of story. Perhaps adding meshes from pay sites and that kind of thing makes sites like mine and Wicked Sims 'filesharing' sites, but first and foremost they are still free sims sites that are distributing original content created by the owner(s). They aren't sites dedicated to filesharing, and labeling them as such just muddles things more. I personally don't really care if my site ends up on your list, but in the cases of sites like Wicked, maybe you should amend your list to allow them, but with a disclaimer that they allow filesharing.

3. Riding the fence. The issue of paysites being illegal is just exploding in this community. For years, it has been considered bad form to speak out against paysites, but not anymore. So why are you offering them a modicum of protection? It may be that you and/or your group just don't want to get involved, but instead it looks like it's being hushed up.

4. No one outside of FFSS and a few at PMBD know or care what FFSS is. Seriously. You could blow it up today and no one would blink, and yet you have come in here expecting us to take it seriously that you 'have to' remove Wicked from your list. As far as we are concerned, Wicked has done the right thing, and you guys look foolish for trying to penalize her for it. The paysite people probably like the idea that you remove stuff like this from your list of 'reputable' free sites.

5. If you seriously don't want to do this anymore, don't.  Let them at eachother's throats, maybe after the dust has settled then they will have reached some kind of real stance, not this wishy washy business. Or maybe you should do what you set out to do, compile a real list of all free sites, without semantics and technicalities, and an open invitation for all owners to take part in discussion on your forum. Right now it is just people who generally agree sitting around patting eachother on the back. Instead of trying to get everyone to agree with the rules you guys have in place, why not allow every site to have their own rules, and use your forum as an open debate to wrangle it out? I think that would be more helpful in the end than what you've got now.

Gosh. I wish I had said that!! Here! Here! (clinks bottle of rum)

Still watching you guys
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 July 20, 23:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Litaddtlover"
hmm i get lost with you people, heh, but yeah... here to put my little sense into this. ookkkk so i see people saying blah blah lol well im glad site are becoming non pay sites. and its dumb to pay, am i right! or am i right? :oops:

This is your third post.  I have read all three of them.  I don't understand any of them.  :?  You say you get lost with us?  :shock:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2007 July 20, 23:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with you Keirra although it does seem to be agreeing with us. I think EFL rather than 12.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 July 20, 23:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's EFL?  :oops:

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Captain Feathersword
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 July 20, 23:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

English as a Foreign Language.
I'm used to ESL (second) but with the Europeans it can easily be 3rd, 4th, etc... so in UK it's called EFL.

ell, defile me with a barnacled fork!   -   Cuss-o-matic for all your epithet needs.

Join my imaginary cult. The consequences of refusal are worse than you imagine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: